Perfect Rei...

Vostok 7

d'oh!

"We were informed by the publisher of this product- Kadokawa Shoten, that they might not be able to fulfill all the orders received.  So things are uncertain as to how they're going to handle it. 

We don't know if they'll be able to send us enough for the pre-orders we've received either, so once we get any new details, we will let you know"

- Akadot

Can't he get more workers to fulfill the demand?

For those of you interested in that Rei figure with the Manga, it WILL be available domestically in the U.S. and we will be carrying it. I don't have the pricing info yet, but we will have it on our site (http://www.tmpanime.com) as soon as I get the pricing info.

Lifesaver! :o:D

For those of you interested in that Rei figure with the Manga, it WILL be available domestically in the U.S. and we will be carrying it. I don't have the pricing info yet, but we will have it on our site (http://www.tmpanime.com) as soon as I get the pricing info.

Best Regards,

Tamim

Thanks Tam, I'll happily order it from your site as soon as you get the preorder up! I'm determined to get this figure without resorting to Ebay. :p

i was just wondering when the preorder for the rei figure started...i got kind of frustrated and set up a preorder with HLJ (which i doubt will get through) and since the people at TokyoCentral said IF they get any in they'll send them to the first people who ordered it. in any case, it looks like i'm going to have to find another way to get the figure now <_<

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

• 2 months later...
hlj just started shipping, got my shipping notice.

Cool, let us know how it comes out. Pics too if you can. Or someone at least.

Edited by Anubis

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY CANCELLED OUR PREORDERS SAYING THEY WOULDN'T GET ANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you read the forums you'll see that the owner of the site DID NOT expect to be able to fill their pre-orders (a few other places also warned that they may not be able to fill orders). to TC's surprise they were recently sent a case that went over and above their existing pre-orders - this was done w/o their knowledge. in fact the owner expressed concerns she'ld be stuck with all these Rei figures.

if you want to get angry direct it squarly at the japanese companies for their crazy pre-order schemes and short ordering and over shipping their customers.

if you read the forums you'll see that the owner of the site DID NOT expect to be able to fill their pre-orders (a few other places also warned that they may not be able to fill orders). to TC's surprise they were recently sent a case that went over and above their existing pre-orders - this was done w/o their knowledge. in fact the owner expressed concerns she'ld be stuck with all these Rei figures.

if you want to get angry direct it squarly at the japanese companies for their crazy pre-order schemes and short ordering and over shipping their customers.

They could have at least let everyone on their pre-orders know and have first crack at these like they said they would <_< only common courtesy.

Vostok 7

They could have at least let everyone on their pre-orders know and have first crack at these like they said they would <_< only common courtesy.

Vostok 7

yeah seriously...i canceled my order with hlj since they doubted they'd get any in...and now this bull**** <_< this is total bull!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

while it may have been nice that they did, the owner was at one point considering shutting the entire shop down due to the stress and financial concerns over running the store. after reading alot of the posts i'm much more willing to cut her some slack. i mean heck would you rather that she kept the orders and then disappoint afterwards if the order was shorted? (which we all know can and does happen).

Dat Pinche "yeah seriously...i canceled my order with hlj since they doubted they'd get any in...and now this bull**** this is total bull!!!!!!"

i dont understand your post. you cancelled with HLJ b/c they said they couldn't fill their order and now you have another retailer who has stock available. so why the anger?

really i'm quite suprised by this.

while it may have been nice that they did, the owner was at one point considering shutting the entire shop down due to the stress and financial concerns over running the store. after reading alot of the posts i'm much more willing to cut her some slack. i mean heck would you rather that she kept the orders and then disappoint afterwards if the order was shorted? (which we all know can and does happen).

I can understand that, I didn't know any of the 'behind the scenes' stuff. Still, a 'heads up' would have been nice, but oh well. I just hope I can still get one through TokyoCentral because I'd definately rather give them my money that some seller on Ebay.

Edited by eriku

The one's from tokyo central are the Japanese version of the manga right? I already have a US version on order but might get more if these turn out to be very popular.

TC is based in japan and as such this is the original Japanese release.

by US version i assume you mean the one from Diamond? that is the same figure/manga set.

Just curious, is this the only character they have made in this style of figure, or is it part of a larger EVA line?

typically manga comes with such bonus goodies every so often (not just limited to EVA). This is the first articulated figure in the EVA manga lineup, but not the first collectible. the past few christmas editions came with holiday Rei and Asuka figures.

So yes this is the only character they made in this style thus far.

How much is shipping from Tokyo Central?

yeah seriously...i canceled my order with hlj since they doubted they'd get any in...and now this bull**** <_< this is total bull!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

wanna know whats funnny? i got my order from hlj. came like last week. oh, not funny? sorry...

really i'm quite suprised by this.

No, cancelling the preorders was fine.

It was at the point that they recieved a surplus, worried about not being able to sell them all, and etc. that it became a problem. I don't care about the "back story" it's only common courtesy to give your cancelled pre-orders first crack in a situation like this WHICH IS WHAT THEY SAID IN THE EMAIL THEY WERE GOING TO DO. Read the first post of this thread! You can't totally neglect people you said you were going to serve, and then complain you think you're going to have too many! WTF!

Seriously, that's a screw job.

I might still order one because it's a good price and the other person I ordered one from hasn't said anything about them yet, but I'm still not happy with the service.

Vostok 7

I just reordered mine before I went to school this morning. Hopefully my order won't be canceled like it was before. <_<

I and others on MW have the right to complain about this "screw job". We pre-ordered from TokyoCentral back in December (when I and several other people heard about it's release here on MW) and got the ordered cancelled. Then the email continued that they would give customers the first shot at the set if they got any more shipped to them.

I honestly feel very neglected by this company, so after this order is completed I'll most-likely never order from them again. They just gave me the run-a-round with this item (and possibly others with other items) and it's not fair to the customers to have to deal with that kind of service.

-Haro!

I just reordered mine before I went to school this morning. Hopefully my order won't be canceled like it was before. <_<

I and others on MW have the right to complain about this "screw job". We pre-ordered from TokyoCentral back in December (when I and several other people heard about it's release here on MW) and got the ordered cancelled. Then the email continued that they would give customers the first shot at the set if they got any more shipped to them.

I honestly feel very neglected by this company, so after this order is completed I'll most-likely never order from them again. They just gave me the run-a-round with this item (and possibly others with other items) and it's not fair to the customers to have to deal with that kind of service.

-Haro!

Exactly.

Vostok 7

I wonder where I can get it here in Canada? :huh: Research research. Like you're av MrDisco!

i'm in toronto. i ordered from an american online retailer..had i known at the time i would have got it via Diamond.

So you got one already? How do I order from this american online retailer or from Diamond? Are they safe and reliable? Do they have anymore on stock?

I wonder where I can get it here in Canada? :huh: Research research. Like you're av MrDisco!

i'm in toronto. i ordered from an american online retailer..had i known at the time i would have got it via Diamond.

So you got one already? How do I order from this american online retailer or from Diamond? Are they safe and reliable? Do they have anymore on stock?

You might want to ask your local comic book/anime store about the EVA manga #9 and Rei figure set. But i heard it'd cost around $40 from Diamond and as far as I know there aren't any US venders selling the set. You could try contacting sigtao so see if you could get any from him.

Here's the link to the thread he started on the Rei figure...

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=4977

LOL!! looks like you already tried contacting him...sorry about that :lol:

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!