Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Big s said:

I thought they were a little silly. I just watched the honest trailer yesterday and they keyed into something I thought was really stupid. That that one lady chopped off her own arms. I thought maybe she lost them in combat or something, but she did it to be able to use the sword ms instead of just wearing gloves.

To me, her cutting off her own arms in order to use them, signified a total commitment to the warrior past of her now dead people, revenge being a driving force in this case. Unlike those other swords, and the symbology they represent, she can never lay them down. She was basically upon that path of revenge unto death. To me that came off as very 'samurai.'

Edited by Thom

7 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

We watched this Sunday, we chuckled and with one scene in particular we broke out laughing damn near in tears. Greatest movie of all time? No, but it's a fun goofy quirky comedy. B)) 

We’re planning on watching it this weekend. It sounded like a hilarious concept. Although this trend of how modern items and food being invented has gone on longer than I expected and at least they’re having a bit of fun with the genre rather than trying to go full realism or semi realistic. 

1 hour ago, Thom said:

To me, her cutting off her own arms in order to use them, signified a total commitment to the warrior past of her now dead people, revenge being a driving force in this case. Unlike those other swords, and the symbology they represent, she can never lay them down. She was basically upon that path of revenge unto death. To me that came off as very 'samurai.'

Nah, it was just very ‘STUPID’

48 minutes ago, Thom said:

If that's what you choose to believe, okay.

Nah it kind of a fact that if you don’t need to cut your arms off, it’s probably a really good idea not to remove them

Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2024 at 10:41 PM, Thom said:

5ade6dd1-be61-4188-8948-d300cf0355ec.8a8

All these popcorn merchandises are really quite bizarre nowadays haha.. but I kinda like it in a strange way. 

On 5/8/2024 at 10:41 PM, Thom said:

Do like the power swords too! Those are cool! And apparently keyed to a bearer, seeing how Kora had to wrap the hilt of the one she used to keep from burning her hand.

Perhaps I wasn't concentrating much, but I thought the power swords were just too hot such that the hilt heats up, hence can't be used with bare hands for long. We see that guy Kora was with (can't remember his name) using it against M. Bison in the end fight. Not very effective if they are indeed keyed that anyone can still pick up and use them, albeit momentarily. 

Edited by MKT

12 minutes ago, MKT said:

All these popcorn merchandises are really quite bizarre nowadays haha.. but I kinda like it in a strange way. 

Perhaps I wasn't concentrating much, but I thought the power swords were just too hot such that the hilt heats up, hence can't be used with bare hands for long. We see that guy Kora was with (can't remember his name) using it against M. Bison in the end fight. Not very effective if they are indeed keyed that anyone can still pick up and use them, albeit momentarily. 

I thought that was the one Cora had dropped, which had the hilt wrapped. 

27 minutes ago, Big s said:

Nah it kind of a fact that if you don’t need to cut your arms off, it’s probably a really good idea not to remove them

True. We see others using the same type swords without the self-mutilation. My view is that it a full commitment to the 'mission.' Succeed or die, or maybe succeed and die. Once done there is no turning back.

1 hour ago, TangledThorns said:

OK...

Lord of the Rings: The Hunt for Gollum directed by and starring Andy Serkis

https://www.ign.com/articles/new-the-lord-of-the-rings-movie-announced-for-2026

Just heard that. Excited to hear PJ getting back into it. Maybe this will urge Amazon to 'up' their game.

Although, I'm not really interested in a Gollum movie. To me, it would seem like his story is done, and he was never a popular character to me anyway.

More interested to know what the next one after is going to be about. 

4 hours ago, MKT said:

Even the people that owned the swords were wearing gloves. I don’t remember a security system, just hot handles.

Posted (edited)

Wife and I saw THE FALL GUY for date night tonight. It's a funny and entertaining movie though I think everyone involved had a little too much fun making it, lol. It's also a love letter to Hollywood's stunt doubles too. Stunt actors are working for more recognition with the Academy Awards with their own category and deserve it however I think it could lead to deadly situations where they try to outdo each other just for an award.

Edited by TangledThorns