Official Transformers Alternators and more thread.

Do you guys remember the episode where the Autobots pretended to be the Stunticons?

Prime, Jazz, Sideswipe, Windcharger and Mirage disguised themselves.

What was funny was when Megatron wanted them to combine to form Menasor to prove who was real and who was fake, the Autobots did it using Windchargers magnetic abilties  :lol:

They kept it up until the real Menasor punched them in the chest and they fell apart.

I was just thinking about that one :lol:

Has anyone noticed the Alternator Customizer on Hasbro's page? Anyone know what that is. The link said "build your own", and all the page says is coming soon.

Edited by Anubis

Odd. The prototype pics show a molded Autobot symbol on his chest, instead of the Decepticon symbol that's on Dead End there. I wonder if they're still going to release a Sunstreaker in addition to Dead End.

Probably within the next couple of batches.

Count me amongst the weirdos, I enjoy Sideswipe a lot more than Smokescreen. Smokescreen looks better in robot mode, but he's a lot more of a pain to transform, and not as posable as Sideswipe. Still, I really enjoy both of them.

Dead End looks sweet, but he still looks like Sunstreaker. I would rather they release him as such, unless this means Streaker will get an improved mold or something. He should be the same sort of car as Sideswipe, so I really don't see how they could improve it that much, unless they did decide to put the thought into a completely different transformation, which would be sweet.

Ah well, if the money's available, I do intend to pick up all of the Alternators. Glad to see some Decepticons in the mix.

just to jump back to an older discussion, I just picked up an alt sideswipe yesterday, did the quick mod to give the trunk section more room to move, and can't figure out for the life of me why has-kara didn't do this in the first place. Now, I'm not a fan of the trunk on the chest look, cause that's not how sideswipes supposed to look, but the extra trunk rotation is enough to put the wheel wells over the shoulders, and give swipy some badass shoulder missiles. It makes the toy look a jillion times better from all angles.

Nope? No Jets for Alt/Binaltech.... just repaints with slight mods to existing car designs.

Damn, tracks is still yellow.

On the other hand, Dead End looks SWEET. The black and red look great. I'm not even a big fan of racing stripes generally. I wonder if they do make a sunstreaker, would he have the same head mold w/ repaint? No need to worry about it now though.

Now if they would only find some way to make them combine to form Menasor :D:p:rolleyes::D:p OOO Yeahh

Different head sculpt for Alternator Hound??

Something i've noticed. There seem to be two different scuplts that were used on Hound during the prototype phase. That's something I've mentioned before. But going back over the pics, it seems that one is exclusively seen on the Alternator prototypes, the other on the Binaltech protos. Anyone else notice that? Anyone else even see a difference, or am I crazy?

:huh:

Here's a group shot I've made to show what I think are two different sculpts. I've triplechecked that the pics on the left all come from Binaltech and the ones on the right side all come from Alternators.

I doubt Hasbro would actually release a different sculpt than takara's. Which is too bad, because I like the alternator proto sculpt much better than the Takara sculpt.

post-26-1080273194_thumb.jpg

I will be insanely dissapointed if we don't get Sunstreaker. He's one of my favourites.

Pessimistic news....

I got this off TFW2005, and they got it from Transformers.com Q&A

Q: Recently, you mentioned that there were no plans to re-release G1 SUNSTREAKER. Does this mean that the commemorative series will be cut off at some point without completely re-releasing figures such as WHEELJACK, TRAILBREAKER, SUNSTREAKER, and the rest of the well-known G1 TRANSFORMERS?

A: The re-release of the Generation One figures is dependent on the availability of the tools/molds used during original manufacturing. Since these toys are up to 20 years old, not all of the molds have been located or exist anymore.

It's too bad too, I was really looking forward to re-issues of Hound, and Mirage. Hopefully they find them.

I will be insanely dissapointed if we don't get Sunstreaker. He's one of my favourites.

Pessimistic news....

I got this off TFW2005, and they got it from Transformers.com Q&A

Q: Recently, you mentioned that there were no plans to re-release G1 SUNSTREAKER. Does this mean that the commemorative series will be cut off at some point without completely re-releasing figures such as WHEELJACK, TRAILBREAKER, SUNSTREAKER, and the rest of the well-known G1 TRANSFORMERS?

A: The re-release of the Generation One figures is dependent on the availability of the tools/molds used during original manufacturing. Since these toys are up to 20 years old, not all of the molds have been located or exist anymore.

It's too bad too, I was really looking forward to re-issues of Hound, and Mirage. Hopefully they find them.

That sucks. Hopefully We'll still get Sunstreaker as an Alternator.

Something i've noticed. There seem to be two different scuplts that were used on Hound during the prototype phase. That's something I've mentioned before. But going back over the pics, it seems that one is exclusively seen on the Alternator prototypes, the other on the Binaltech protos. Anyone else notice that? Anyone else even see a difference, or am I crazy?

Here's a group shot I've made to show what I think are two different sculpts. I've triplechecked that the pics on the left all come from Binaltech and the ones on the right side all come from Alternators.

I doubt Hasbro would actually release a different sculpt than takara's. Which is too bad, because I like the alternator proto sculpt much better than the Takara sculpt.

Ok, looking at the heads closely, I don't see much of a difference. If your referring to the square thingy that's on his forhead, then it's pretty much the same. It's just the picture was shot in different angles that makes the head look different. That's all I see. Am I wrong? :p:D:lol:

Hound and Streak are out in the States. I got mine today at Image Anime!!

PICS!!!!! I can't wait to get those two Binaltech's rolling behind my Prime, Smokescreen, and Sideswipe. B))

Hound and Streak are out in the States.  I got mine today at Image Anime!!

PICS!!!!! I can't wait to get those two Binaltech's rolling behind my Prime, Smokescreen, and Sideswipe. B))

and tomorrow I attack Wal-Mart and Target. =D Where do you live?

Edit: Checked your profile, NM.

Good thing to know they're on the East Coast

Edited by GreenGuy42

Something i've noticed.  There seem to be two different scuplts that were used on Hound during the prototype phase.  That's something I've mentioned before.  But going back over the pics, it seems that one is exclusively seen on the Alternator prototypes, the other on the Binaltech protos.  Anyone else notice that?  Anyone else even see a difference, or am I crazy? 

Here's a group shot I've made to show what I think are two different sculpts.  I've triplechecked that the pics on the left all come from Binaltech and the ones on the right side all come from Alternators. 

I doubt Hasbro would actually release a different sculpt than takara's.  Which is too bad, because I like the alternator proto sculpt much better than the Takara sculpt.

Ok, looking at the heads closely, I don't see much of a difference. If your referring to the square thingy that's on his forhead, then it's pretty much the same. It's just the picture was shot in different angles that makes the head look different. That's all I see. Am I wrong? :p:D:lol:

I guess I'm just seeing things because of the lighting. :blink: But it looks to me like the Alternator has a flat face like the sideswipe sculpt, whereas the Binaltech Hound has a face that angles out to form cheekbones of a sort.

Edit: Yeah, I'm probably just seeing things. . . :D

Edited by Californium

Clarification requested: I had heard that Hasbro announced that they have no plans for an Alternator Sunstreaker. Can someone confirm or deny please? I don't mind Dead End since it looks nice, but I really wanted a 'streaker. Looks like I might just have to make my own if this tidbit of info is true.

Thanks,

Melissa

Clarification requested:  I had heard that Hasbro announced that they have no plans for an Alternator Sunstreaker.  Can someone confirm or deny please?  I don't mind Dead End since it looks nice, but I really wanted a 'streaker.  Looks like I might just have to make my own if this tidbit of info is true.

Thanks,

Melissa

Confirmed, Hasbro has no current plans to release an Alternator Sunstreaker.

Of course, current just means 'not at the moment' and we know that Hasbro and Takara are all about that repaint action. So, a quick paint job on Dead End a year down the road and viola! Instant Sunstreaker.

You know I could have really cared less about Decepticons in the Binal/Alt line. The story was that the humans helped the Autobots/Cybertrons rebuild their bodies after a Decepticon virus damaged them. Why are there Decepticon ones and why is Dead End coming before Sunstreaker. Sorry I am just a huge car and Autobot fan so unless they make a MP Megatron or really nice seekers I dont care much for the Decepticon Alternators.

Now who is the Mustang 2005 GT gonna be? Windcharger?

I cant wait to find out.