3 hours ago, sh9000 said:

New clip.

I thought the show was over. Oops

so the new suits are mostly the older suits? 
And did Storm lose some of her newly gained powers of instant sailor moon clothing changes?

and I really think the glass case with dummies wearing costumes looks cool but is totally stupid. If they gotta rush, they gotta open a case and undress a dummy, then get changed. I get it that Batman has a butler that does that for him, but for the superhero on a budget, I think a drawer or a decent closet should be fine

So, half the story seemed to be dumb set-up for that “shocker” ending.

Anyone who’s somewhat familiar with the comic book stories won’t be too surprised.

But again, it doesn’t exactly make sense from this show’s perspective.

Spoiler

Wolvie and Magnus don’t exactly hate each other nor show any massive animosity towards each other during this season.  So, to go full rip out the adamentium was bit much.

Also, kinda glad Scott blasted Xavier.  For a telepath, Charles couldn’t tell his other team hadn’t completed the job yet?!

I’d rather someone had just said, “Let’s see how the Bastion stuff plays out.  Bastion wins, send the planet to the dark ages.  X-Men win, fix the magnetic field.”

I don’t know; cooler heads should have prevailed.

1 hour ago, Mog said:

So, half the story seemed to be dumb set-up for that “shocker” ending.

Anyone who’s somewhat familiar with the comic book stories won’t be too surprised.

But again, it doesn’t exactly make sense from this show’s perspective.

Reveal hidden contents

Wolvie and Magnus don’t exactly hate each other nor show any massive animosity towards each other during this season.  So, to go full rip out the adamentium was bit much.

Also, kinda glad Scott blasted Xavier.  For a telepath, Charles couldn’t tell his other team hadn’t completed the job yet?!

I’d rather someone had just said, “Let’s see how the Bastion stuff plays out.  Bastion wins, send the planet to the dark ages.  X-Men win, fix the magnetic field.”

I don’t know; cooler heads should have prevailed.

It was definitely an odd one. It felt very unfinished even for a cliffhanger type episode.

Spoiler

I’m hoping they don’t do the bone claws thing. In the animated series he didn’t have claws until the adamantium infusion. So a bone mechanism would just be silly. I think that was the same in the comics before all the talent jumped ship over to image

Seein' the clips in my feed this morning.

Spoiler

So they did the whole "Let's rip out Logan's adamantium skeleton"-thing. 'Mkay. IIRC, Xavier left Magneto catatonic AFTER he ripped out Wolvie's skeleton.
So they gonna do Onsalught?

Jean gonna come back as Phoenix or get rebirth'd again cuz of Phoenix? Cyclops gonna start sleeping with Emma Frost now?

1 hour ago, Big s said:

My favorite moment though

Hide contents

Magneto finally telling Xavier to shut up

I’m sure he’s been wanting to say that for a long while.  Mine was 

Spoiler

Cyke finally being his own man and knocking the Professor down a peg.

See, each of those bits made sense, given everything that’s happened and was shown this season and in previous ones.

5 hours ago, azrael said:

Seein' the clips in my feed this morning.

Reveal hidden contents

So they did the whole "Let's rip out Logan's adamantium skeleton"-thing. 'Mkay. IIRC, Xavier left Magneto catatonic AFTER he ripped out Wolvie's skeleton.
So they gonna do Onsalught?

Jean gonna come back as Phoenix or get rebirth'd again cuz of Phoenix? Cyclops gonna start sleeping with Emma Frost now?

After watching the episode, I really don’t know 

So, the finale didn’t reach the heights of the Genosha attack ep.

Spoiler

So, main group of X-men thrown back to Apocalypse’s origin time.

Scott and Jean tossed into future to raise Cable and discover that Rachel’s there too.

But no clue where Logan and Morph are.

And Apocky probably gonna raise Gambit from the dead.

Some nice moments (like Scott’s words to Logan and Cable’s convo).  But kinda mid for an ending.

And what the hell

Spoiler

are all those heroes doing, just waiting for Asteroid M to drop?  You mean no Avenger, FF4 member, or hero decided to try and help out? 🤦🏻‍♂️

Cameos are cool and all, but some things need to be reviewed for stupid.

2 hours ago, Mog said:

And what the hell

Reveal hidden contents

are all those heroes doing, just waiting for Asteroid M to drop?  You mean no Avenger, FF4 member, or hero decided to try and help out? 🤦🏻‍♂️

Cameos are cool and all, but some things need to be reviewed for stupid.

I thought that was silly as well. 

Spoiler

They did try for an excuse that they were stuck trying to fight of the human sentinels, but to think that they couldn’t have some of them break away to help out is a bit of a stretch. 
it’s also a world where Asteroid M had been used as a plot device multiple times over the series, similar to an Axis drop in Gundam. But in this world setting Mr Fantastic hasn’t thought of a contingency after the first couple of threats, let alone other top genius characters that also seem to exist as well.

4 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Excellent season finale!  I can't wait to watch season 2.  Bring on more renewed animated series with Spider-Man and Avengers.

I wouldn’t mind getting a Fantastic 4 show. Kinda curious if they’d do an X-Men spinoff like X-Force or something as well. The X-Men 97 show definitely wasn’t perfect, but pretty good for a kids show 

10 hours ago, Big s said:

I wouldn’t mind getting a Fantastic 4 show. Kinda curious if they’d do an X-Men spinoff like X-Force or something as well. The X-Men 97 show definitely wasn’t perfect, but pretty good for a kids show 

Does X-Men 97 count as a kid's show? I think it's TV-14 whereas the original is Y7.

My kids watched it, and sometimes mocked it.  They’re at that older kid/teen stage.

So, not sure how to classify a continuation of a cartoon that’s over 20 years old.

Sadly, I think I stand by my original position:  it’s a middling show that can have some really good stand-out moments but hampered by too much silly drama, cheesy bits, and/or dumbing down and condensing original comic book stories.

You know it’s bad when I have to put on my comic book nerd hat to explain everything to my kiddos (like what exactly happened to Logan and what his powers are).

3 minutes ago, Mog said:

My kids watched it, and sometimes mocked it.  They’re at that older kid/teen stage.

So, not sure how to classify a continuation of a cartoon that’s over 20 years old.

Sadly, I think I stand by my original position:  it’s a middling show that can have some really good stand-out moments but hampered by too much silly drama, cheesy bits, and/or dumbing down and condensing original comic book stories.

You know it’s bad when I have to put on my comic book nerd hat to explain everything to my kiddos (like what exactly happened to Logan and what his powers are).

Pretty spot-on assessment, I think. The show has great moments and entertaining action scenes (albeit some of the fights are kinda silly, like how Magneto just needed a bandaid to recover from getting stabbed by Logan, or how Cyclops/Storm etc. get battered around with nary a bruise). It's also has some issues as a sequel, IMO, e.g. the Rogue/Magneto/Gambit triangle retcon.

5 hours ago, Jeff J said:

Does X-Men 97 count as a kid's show? I think it's TV-14 whereas the original is Y7.

Definitely a kids show. The old episodes were more of a children’s show, so this one went up a couple grades. Not quite young adult and definitely not adult. But there’s nothing too offensive for children and it’s not something to mock an adult for enjoying either. 

5 hours ago, sh9000 said:

C1C51860-08A9-4549-926B-9D767FD3F026.jpeg.58ba98272d6ba4d85d33b753cf450f1a.jpeg

FC1C4A41-6F8F-49B8-8417-75A7D2E02E7A.jpeg.d5d01d5928b78db0a51f3e6b28192409.jpeg

Sweet!

Cool catch with that Magneto still.

I thought it was pretty neat to see Spider-man TAS MJ, but then I realized it either means that either this takes place before the end of Spider-man TAS, or the X-Men '97 timeline skips ahead to when she's already found. Not a big deal, I guess, but sometimes it feels like it's asking a lot for these franchise to tell stories linearly.

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

D9E5A734-4806-4865-8F13-41767DB2B609.jpeg.63e8262ef5be2268db816f60c67fe787.jpeg

9118BF14-5B1F-43CE-B1FC-06711AB1C8D8.jpeg.b6f70be95b040c51812cf50beeaa9269.jpeg

Daredevil:  Born Again - March 2025

Ironheart - 2025

Agatha All Along - September 18, 2024

I was hoping Ironheart got cancelled. She was a crappy character in a crappy movie made even crapier by her existence 

Edited by Big s

Marvel really needs to hire the folks that did Agents of SHIELD and Netflix Daredevil.

Those two crews knew how to do TV shows and create compelling characters.

Edited by Mog

10 minutes ago, Mog said:

Marvel really needs to hire the folks that did Agents of SHIELD and Netflix Daredevil.

Those two crews knew how to do TV shows and create compelling characters.

It’s definitely weird when their best show is a cartoon that’s a sequel to a thirty year old children’s show. They really gotta try harder with their live action stuff.

Netflix did far better with their shows and Disney’s live action shows even make Iron fist seem like a masterpiece 

I still liked Season 2 of Iron Fist.  I do wish Danny rocked the bandana more.  But the show ended Season 2 in a very interesting place.

Hell, give me Daughters of the Dragon!

But Loki in total was solid.  I actually liked Falcon and Winter Soldier.  I thought Echo was fine and found Ms. Marvel passable.  And I only liked the Kate Bishop/Yelena scenes from Hawkeye.

1 hour ago, Mog said:

I still liked Season 2 of Iron Fist.  I do wish Danny rocked the bandana more.  But the show ended Season 2 in a very interesting place.

Hell, give me Daughters of the Dragon!

But Loki in total was solid.  I actually liked Falcon and Winter Soldier.  I thought Echo was fine and found Ms. Marvel passable.  And I only liked the Kate Bishop/Yelena scenes from Hawkeye.

Season 2 of Iron Fist was definitely a major improvement.

i liked Loki, but the gimmick was feeling very tired in the second season. Echo started with some potential, but it quickly fizzled, same with Ms Marvel. She hulk was a steaming pile of garbage that ended in a dumpster fire.  Secret Invasion was pretty bad as well. Hawkeye was ok and so was Falcon and the winter soldier Moon Knight had its moments. And Scarlet Witch improved after the those first few really crappy episodes, but I feel like it got ruined by the Dr strange movie.

For me, Season 2 of Loki actually redeemed how the first season ended (wanted to puke after the trope-y hero versus antagonist with similar powers ending of Season 1).

Wandavision, again same "hero versus villain with similar power" trope end, and hated how Wanda played a Karen with all those people's lives.

But seriously, give me Colleen Wing and Misty Knight kicking butt and taking names.  That could be a fun show!