Macross history

Aegis!

Ouch.

Can you even attempt to imagine Shatner of all people trying to ham his way through Japanese dialogue? Now can you imagine the subtitles for that dialogue? They would have... to... include... all the... dramatic... pauses that... he... makes while... acting!

I guess you are right. It would only fit a Macross parody or something. :lol:

Ouch.

Can you even attempt to imagine Shatner of all people trying to ham his way through Japanese dialogue? Now can you imagine the subtitles for that dialogue? They would have... to... include... all the... dramatic... pauses that... he... makes while... acting!

I guess you are right. It would only fit a Macross parody or something. :lol:

This ship... it is... a booby... trap!

i wouldn't mind seeing a SD type series of macross....something of pure comdey making parodies of the other macross series/OVA's/movies :p

or purhaps a series based around the zentradi and how they try to adapt to "culture" and maybe even have a small civil war between them over that...maybe even having it take place somewhere during the original series and expanding a few years after and ending somewhere in the middle between 2012 and mac+

maybe just sticking a series in that big ass gap in the timeline between 2012 and mac+ (and no i don't mean something close to M3) something that might even be simular to zeta gundam? you have the psycho titan squad against the aeug :rolleyes: have some seriously violent pilots that and focus on the characters and character development more than the actual fighting. that'd be something i'd love to see someday.

and again...i still want a series that doesn't put the vf-11 down to canon fodder status :p

Perhaps that is the reason you can't find any copies of the old TV mini series "The Blue and The Grey"... Bandai sued to supress any and all civil war based story material that did not have their seal of approval.

Either that or people remembered Patrick Swayze was in it and locked all the copies in a safe on board a rocket shot into the sun...

people remembered Patrick Swayze was in it and locked all the copies in a safe on board a rocket shot into the sun...

LMFAO!!! :lol::lol::lol:

TOO BAD MR. SWAYZE'S BEST MOVIE WAS DIRTY DANCING BEYOND THAT ALL HIS WORK HAS BEEN CRAP!! :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

Ok... lets try to keep the level of this thread and not flame bait Gundam fans, because you know as well as everyone else here that the old Gundam shows have as much quality as Macross does. With that out of the way.... its kind of a funny statement... considering it also gave us Macross 7, which I consider to be the G Gundam and Gundam Wing of Macross, and showed us how not everything in Macross is a synonim(sp) for quality (heh... another thing where Macross resembles Gundam )

With that out of the way.... I would love to see a series that concentrated on Zentradi characters piloting Zentradi mech, maybe even some new tech like transformable Zentradi fighters or something. The setting doesn't really matter, but something set after Macross 7 would work just as well as something way before Macross Zero.

The Zentradis are great unexplored terrain.... it would be nice to have some cool Zentradi characters that aren't Millia. And it would be nice to have a show that concentrates on how Zentradi squads work. 

You totally got me wrong. I didn´t mean low in regards to the Gundam franchise but rather copying other series , be it undeniable classics like Gundam (though , lately , too repetitive for my liking) or other not so popular series for the sake of filling those gaps where creativity couldn´t reach. in short terms , I wouldn´t want to see Macross resorting in such tricks as copying/following other anime series trends when it has survided by itself for 20 years. ;)

Cause, you know, there was no such thing as a "civil war" before Gundam came up with the idea!

No , it was quite old already , by quite a few thousands years , but it didn´t become incredebly repetitive and unoriginal until Gundam bought the rights to such kind of plots. B)):lol:

I´m still intrigued by the fact that right from the start of Macross Zero´s pre-production the production team revealed that the events of M0 would not be disclosed until 50 years later in the macros timeline, such revelation doesn´t play any relevant role in the development of M0 itself (unless it was just a curiosity of the story ) so why would they reveal such a thing ? I would´t want to speculate but maybe this is all a connection to the next series , meaning that M0 is not really a direct prologue to SDF Macross but rather to the next Macross project , which by all means could very well develop not only during one period but maybe featuring various consecutive events from 2009 to 2031 or even beyond 2051 (something in those lines) that led to such revelation 50 years later.

This could very well give Kawamori the chance to tell his own story as he wants it (there´s nothing written in stone for that space in the timeline , just loose references ) as well as satisfing those that want the more obscure valks to make a debut ( OH GOD PLEASE GIVE US SOME VF-5000s and VF/A-14s !!!) and also reveal the events that lead to M0 secrets revelation in the way ;)

Edited by Aegis!

I´m still intrigued by the fact that right from the start of Macross Zero´s pre-production the production team revealed that the events of M0 would not be disclosed until 50 years later in the macros timeline, such revelation doesn´t play any relevant role in the development of M0 itself (unless it was just a curiosity of the story ) so why would they reveal such a thing ? I would´t want to speculate but maybe this is all a connection to the next series , meaning that M0 is not really a direct prologue to SDF Macross but rather to the next Macross project , which by all means could very well develop not only during one period but maybe featuring various consecutive events from 2009 to 2031 or even beyond 2051 (something in those lines)  that led to such revelation 50 years later.

This could very well give Kawamori the chance to tell his own story as he wants it (there´s nothing written in stone for that space in the timeline , just loose references ) as well as satisfing those that want the more obscure valks to make a debut ( OH GOD PLEASE GIVE US SOME VF-5000s and VF/A-14s !!!) and also reveal the events that lead to M0 secrets revelation in the way  ;)

They better not go the way the Dune books went, and bring Roy back to life through cloning of his cells taken from his body that has been preserved since his death... And of course he would have all his memories and be able to help solve some unresolved problem/question left unanswered since Macross Zero.

So 50 years after the events of Macross Zero, Roy Fokker comes back for some new adventures, probably helping out some new young hot-shot pilot. :lol:

If by some chance this is what happens, you can please stone me to death! :ph34r::lol:

I myself wouldn't mind seeing something with VF-4s, VF-3000s, and VF-5000s. Could be cool to see some other "older" valkyries, like prototypes that didn't make it into production or only saw limited production.

edit:

Don't forget the part were he starts giving birth to Aliens...

Blerg, I forgot until you mentioned it! :(:lol:

Edited by Sumdumgai

They better not go the way the Dune books went, and bring Roy back to life through cloning of his cells taken from his body that has been preserved since his death... And of course he would have all his memories and be able to help solve some unresolved problem/question left unanswered since Macross Zero.

Don't forget the part were he starts giving birth to Aliens...

I wouldn't mind seeing one of the colony fleets stumble upon another world (or galactic government like the U.N.) with Protoculture tampered inhabitants and assimilated Zentraedi, only unlike Zola this one is hostile, maybe having them decimated has made them weary of strangers, or make them imperialistic.

For once, I wouldn't mind seeing a very serious Macross devoid of all the protoculture and music = power references.

Without the music and the fantasy you will end up having just another action flick. Talk about dirty pleasure...

FV

Story and character can still exist without protoculture rock star magic.

In theory, at least.

Edited by Gabriel

Story and character can still exist without protoculture rock star magic.

"Story" and "Character" are two Big Things which are often quoted in a way which doesn't mean anything.

After all, a collection of battles may still be called a story.

And Nazi style villains whose purpose is only to be bad without redeeming factor are still called characters.

And no, there was no magic in Macross 7. I have actually read more unbelievable stuff in sci-fi books. The last one I read was Counter-Clock World by Philip K. Dick. Still a worthy reading.

FV

"Story" and "Character" are two Big Things which are often quoted in a way which doesn't mean anything.

After all, a collection of battles may still be called a story.

And Nazi style villains whose purpose is only to be bad without redeeming factor are still called characters.

And no, there was no magic in Macross 7. I have actually read more unbelievable stuff in sci-fi books. The last one I read was Counter-Clock World by Philip K. Dick. Still a worthy reading.

FV

Well, when I use those terms, I usually invoke them to imply something that doesn't suck.

And I wasn't serious about the magic thing. Although magic might actually have be better. :p

i wanna a series with one of Roy's illegitimate kids (he's the man..he has to have at least one floating around somewhere :p ). have him/her join the UN and totally blow everyone away with their fighter skills...then have them find out later on who their father and just try to live up to the legacy he left (and no i'm not talking about his womanizing skills :p ). i would really like to see something like that too :)

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

Civil war doesn't have to be a rip off Gundam. Gundam didn't invent the concept or horror of bitter civil wars.

For the alien element there could be rogue Zentran and Meltran fleets (certainly an opportunity to specify that they're NOT just an abberation of DYRL and M7 :ph34r: ) as well as the Supervision Army. I'd like both. :)

For the latter (SA) there's an opportunity to turn music into something that was foreshadowed in M+ (as well as the advanced valkyries that saw production as VF-22S and VF-19)... music used as control. In two aspects. One from an increasingly corrupt and dictatorial UN Spacy and secondly as something used by the SA for its own Zentran Fleets. Nice doubly whammy and a turn on the usual use of music in Macross.

The civil war elements could/would make for an interesting ambiguity over who exactly is good and who exactly is bad.

Civil war doesn't have to be a rip off Gundam. Gundam didn't invent the concept or horror of bitter civil wars

Indeed , it wouldn´t be a direct Gundam rip-off , but considering the fact that Gundam has worn the concept out , to the point where it currently presents no attractiveness to anyone , specially in Japan where people have survived through years of Gundam.

For the alien element there could be rogue Zentran and Meltran fleets (certainly an opportunity to specify that they're NOT just an abberation of DYRL and M7  ) as well as the Supervision Army. I'd like both.

I Like that idea a lot , I think something more adequate would be something along the lines of corruption within the UN Spacy as seen in Macross 7 Trash with a connection to rebel Zentran/meltran/Supervision Army forces through which the secrets unveiled during M0 are revealed to the population.

For the latter (SA) there's an opportunity to turn music into something that was foreshadowed in M+ (as well as the advanced valkyries that saw production as VF-22S and VF-19)... music used as control. In two aspects. One from an increasingly corrupt and dictatorial UN Spacy and secondly as something used by the SA for its own Zentran Fleets. Nice doubly whammy and a turn on the usual use of music in Macross.

Wouldn´t that just be MII all over again :huh: ?