Dragon Ball Super

Thoughts on the first episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Not a bad first episode but not great either. It was nice to see other characters getting a lot of screen time besides Goku. It's also nice to see Goku doing some honest work besides just training and fighting bad guys. On the other hand, noting really happens in this episode and if you're not a fan of Dragon Ball there's not much here to entice you to watch it.

As far as the OP and ED are concerned, they're not bad but not doing much for me. The OP isn't quite as catchy as that remix they did of Cha La Head Cha La they did that you can find as the OP for DB Xenoverse.

Just watched the first episode. Just meh for me. We do not live in the 90's anymore. Also, it will be very hard to do something at less that good as DBZ is.

Edited by Froy

Hoo boy, I just read this and it's not instilling me with a lot of confidence...

I don't understand your concerns after reading it. Is it because the series retells the last two films in more filler depth? Or because of this whole universe 6 shindig with super dragon balls?

The bit with rehashing the two movies. Why? Why not start with the characters going to the sixth universe and looking for these Super Dragon Balls? That sounds much more interesting than these first two arcs.

Hmmmm, my guess is not only to milk the story arks as much as possible, but because it'll add more depth into the storyline and develop their abilities in a more "realistic" fashion.

I don't disagree that it could of started out jumping into this sixth universe, but as someone who has NOT seen Resurrection of F, can't stay it'll make much of a difference to me.

• 11 months later...

I'm not sure if this is the right place to talk about dbz kits, but I took a look at them on display at anime expo, and before seeing them up close they didn't impress me. But when I saw them there with just some dull coat I was amazed, maybe because I had no interest at first. These were the new small scale simple build hg style kits and while I don't think they will steal away sh figuarts fans they look pretty good and have an interesting way of building the face with out the need for paint. I think they only did light panel lining before top coat. The cost if I'm not mistaken was under $20, so for those that don't want to pay as much for the action figures these could be a neat option.