Headlining source for cost of new Valkyries

Zaid

I'm new to this forum, so a lot of it is harder for me to follow the flow of information as I'm still getting my feet well.

I know that in most of the threads people reiterate the information for those who don't know and occassionally they get shut down at times for doing so. I personally appreciate it. I have a lot to pick up on as I just recently picked up my second figures. So the information from the numbering systems behind the birds, to the renewals, to the Arcadia's vs the Bandai's is all very helpful.

My first Valkyrie was a VF-25 Tornado that I picked up around 5 years ago and I got rid of once the Renewals were issued, and I just put a pre-order for the YF-29 Percival(CDJAPAN) with a huge help from the thread about it.

One thing I did notice is that there isn't a streamlined way to find information, from places selling, and such, you have to go to the specific thread for that specific bird and then you have sift through 30+ pages to see where it's selling or when pre-order show up.

Currently, I'm looking for a Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D. I see HLJ and CD Japan still have it. But I stumbled up on it by luck and haven't see it in its thread posted in the previous five pages of it. I don't know what makes the bird cost so much more versus a Bandai.

so I'm curious if there's a comprehensive quick guide to knowing when specific models go for pre-order, or are on sale, what the average price is, what a list of preferred stores are. It would be fantastic if there was a guide that is updated often to just reference.

Excuse me if there is and I somehow missed the information, or I'm showing my newness in this.

TL;DR Is there a master thread or cliff notes for when pre-orders go live or where a specific model are still available for sale, and what the average price is, what preferred stores are by forum users, etc.

TL;DR Is there a master thread or cliff notes for when pre-orders go live or where a specific model are still available for sale, and what the average price is, what preferred stores are by forum users, etc.

I don't think there is any. Not sure if it's a good idea or not.

You'll just have to suffer like the rest of us...

Guest davidwhangchoi

I'm new to this forum, so a lot of it is harder for me to follow the flow of information as I'm still getting my feet well.

I know that in most of the threads people reiterate the information for those who don't know and occassionally they get shut down at times for doing so. I personally appreciate it. I have a lot to pick up on as I just recently picked up my second figures. So the information from the numbering systems behind the birds, to the renewals, to the Arcadia's vs the Bandai's is all very helpful.

My first Valkyrie was a VF-25 Tornado that I picked up around 5 years ago and I got rid of once the Renewals were issued, and I just put a pre-order for the YF-29 Percival(CDJAPAN) with a huge help from the thread about it.

One thing I did notice is that there isn't a streamlined way to find information, from places selling, and such, you have to go to the specific thread for that specific bird and then you have sift through 30+ pages to see where it's selling or when pre-order show up.

Currently, I'm looking for a Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D. I see HLJ and CD Japan still have it. But I stumbled up on it by luck and haven't see it in its thread posted in the previous five pages of it. I don't know what makes the bird cost so much more versus a Bandai.

so I'm curious if there's a comprehensive quick guide to knowing when specific models go for pre-order, or are on sale, what the average price is, what a list of preferred stores are. It would be fantastic if there was a guide that is updated often to just reference.

Excuse me if there is and I somehow missed the information, or I'm showing my newness in this.

honestly every site from NEOGAF to TF2005 is the same. you just have to start back reading and then keep current by visiting the toy section regularly to stay in the loop.

to start:

i would go on the vf-0d thread and just back-read. there's no master thread for pre-orders or sticky but all the information you're asking is in the thread, here i looked it up for you:

these are all the shops to pre-order future macorss stuff whenever they come out:

link:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=40552&p=1157961

just read back on each topic until you see when pre-orders started and you'll see all the recommended shops. the threads aren't too long for each toy. so it's an easy skim. good luck!

If you are looking to buy....probably the fastest way to get something is via the wanted thread....if it is something relatively new....most likely someone will post up a link to a store still carrying it at close to msrp or less...

Here is the list of places to buy that members have had good experiences with......

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=41210

This is the best site for info on recent and past Macross toy releases....

http://www.anymoon.com/blog/

Welcome to Macross World...

Edited by jvmacross

Next in line for preorders are the new Zeros. I'd keep up with that thread for now.

The short of it...preorder at one of these stores most of the time: HLJ, Amiami, NY, CDJ, Hobbysearch, or Anime Export for Bandai (I've won a Bandai PO from every one of those). Arcadia is thankfully more forgiving in terms of how long you have to PO. Arcadia is a smaller company and they will charge more for their Valks. Lots of debate on why that is. Spend some time round these parts. We'll help out in the other threads but you gotta try to keep up and read several of the more current pages of the active threads.

Welcome to EmDubyaEff :)

Edited by xrentonx

Hell yeah guys. I appreciate the quick responses and pooling of resources.

Definitely going through some of the older threads. That's how I landed the YF-29 Percival, I came into the thread right as the preorders were going.

Now here's for the hunting :)

There's no guide so I just follow the model threads that I want to get. Also the main front page is a source to use for announcements

When following the threads for upcoming releases it usually goes like this:

1. Someone finds the announcement of model (sometimes with initial prototype pics) and starts the thread

2. Excitement, speculation and evaluation about said model lots of pages

3. Someone finds pics/info of the preorder period

4. More pages of speculation of model till preorder date

5. Preorder period arrives with kind members posting retail site links and thread pages blowing up

6. Post preorder phase with comments on developers pics of model progress (if any)

7. Item release with members reviews/pics of models in hand

8. Long term follow up questions/comments/concerns

Edited by wmkjr

just take your time and read. I started collecting macross toys when the Super VF-25S gave me cancer assembling. So to try it out, I bought a VF-25A and saw the worth it.

The most streamlined source of info is this forums and with a little bit of google, I was able to get all of the missing bits. For the average price of the item, the only basis I get is the SRP of the item at the release (1999.co, amiami, hlj, etc). Long released or rare item is very hard to price so that is why when I started collecting, I only set my sight on the newer release.

There's no guide so I just follow the model threads that I want to get. Also the main front page is a source to use for announcements

When following the threads for upcoming releases it usually goes like this:

1. Someone finds the announcement of model (sometimes with initial prototype pics) and starts the thread

2. Excitement, speculation and evaluation about said model lots of pages

3. Someone finds pics/info of the preorder period

4. More pages of speculation of model till preorder date

5. Preorder period arrives with kind members posting retail site links and thread pages blowing up

6. Post preorder phase with comments on developers pics of model progress (if any)

7. Item release with members reviews/pics of models in hand

8. Long term follow up questions/comments/concerns

You forgot about all the posts where people threaten to cancel their preorders. :D

Personally I would like to see a wiki for Macross products, kind of like the old front page stuff here but user editable so new info can be added quickly. I have thinked about just adding those to macross.wikia.com but never have the time.

The front page is there for members to use. It's as easy as posting a reply or starting a topic in the forum. Some people volunteered but never got around to it. I give them permission but I remove them once they are inactive for a long time for security reasons. If you want to input data in there PM me.

Personally I would like to see a wiki for Macross products, kind of like the old front page stuff here but user editable so new info can be added quickly. I have thinked about just adding those to macross.wikia.com but never have the time.

Yeah. This is exactly what i meant. What if there was a pinned thread that had the info as it became available, when preorders were opening up, updated pictures of the figure with its release, price average, locations still have it, variations, updates, etc.

Main post would just have all upcoming specific Valkyrie coming out organized by release, click on a link and it goes to a specific post number in the thread. But I realize this can be a huge undertaking.

Edited by Zaid

Yeah. This is exactly what i meant. What if there was a pinned thread that had the info as it became available, when preorders were opening up, updated pictures of the figure with its release, price average, locations still have it, variations, updates, etc.

Main post would just have all upcoming specific Valkyrie coming out organized by release, click on a link and it goes to a specific post number in the thread. But I realize this can be a huge undertaking.

You could start pushing this forward.