Christmas has FINALLY arrived! Were you naughty...

UN Spacy

ba humbug!!! I didn't get anything this year!! And that's the first time too! :( oh well, I guess that's when you start to realize your getting too old. :( This year sucked for me, hopefully the new year will bring bigger and better things!

My mom and dad both pitched in to get me a 1/48 VF-1J (no FAST packs).

Valk Exchange got it here in three days, I wasn't expecting it to be here until after Christmas.

When I opened it up, and for a few hours later I was so happy my face was numb.

w00t.

I got a flying lesson.

:blink:

This is what I get for asking my parents to "surprise me"... :lol:

I should perhaps explain the background here. There is scale that people like Chuck Yeager, Douglas Bader, and Max Jenius are at the top of.

I'm somewhere down at the other end. It took me nine tries to pass my driving test.

So, remind me... its back for up, and forward for down, yes? :lol:

Hey, I understand - because I feel like that, I've been seeking my private pilot's license before I get commissioned. The only thing you won't enjoy is the cost. :(

Hehe.. I'm gonna start saving up now... my major's aeronautical engineering, and the upper division courses actually delve into flight testing a bit.. I'm gonna have to see about getting a license before then so I can actually fly stuff when we get the chance. :D

As for presents.. nothing jaw-droppingly amazing, but great stuff none the less. New computer speakers, flash drive, couple of dvds, fun stuff. :) But I honestly enjoyed buying stuff for other people more this year.. I found some things that my family was really happy to get... especially my dad. They've released the entire first season of the Rocky and Bullwinkle cartoons on dvd, and he's been cracking up all week watching those shows.

My self-present should be coming in the mail soon.. bought myself a long promised gift, and got a 1/48 VF-1J with FAST packs. :D

Hehe.. I'm gonna start saving up now... my major's aeronautical engineering, and the upper division courses actually delve into flight testing a bit.. I'm gonna have to see about getting a license before then so I can actually fly stuff when we get the chance. :D

...junior year's going to suck. I got about a 2.5 this semester. :angry: But if you can handle the math and the sortage of Engligh-speaking instructors, you'll really enjoy it.

I was naughty but made off relatively well anyways. My first christmas present in many years arrived in the form of the "Interactive" R2-D2 from last year. At last, I have someone to talk to.....

Now, I'm also trying to figure out why girls melt and get all googley-eyed when they meet and play with him....

Edited by myk