YF 21YAMATO's YF 19 Arcadia side by side

firefly

You're in luck for your request. ;) I was playing with my Valks last night with my 5 year old son. He enjoys playing with my VF-1A Hikaru to the point he already made the pelvic joint loose on the swing bar. Hahaha! And got the urge on transforming both YF-19 (Arcadia) and YF-21 (Yamato) to compare their height.

So here you go.

In Fighter mode. (That's my son's elbow btw. :D)

IMG_5515_zps98b0187d.jpg

Original YF-21 height (by pulling and locking the bottom part of the leg). I don't like this height since he towers too much over the YF-19.

IMG_5561amp5553amp5560_3_zpse4341e40.jpg

Using YF-21 slight leg extension for Gerwalk mode. This height I prefer over the first one. Assuming Arcadia will do a renewal in the future. Hope they do something like this scale. Just a little bit taller. To still keep the impression that YF-21 is mean-looking than YF-19.

IMG_5561amp5553amp5560_2_zps3dc1b9d4.jpg

Lastly, not extending the legs. Almost the same height with Arcadia YF-19. I guess in my opinion on the height, it's kinda look ok assuming that YF-21 legs and feet are thicker.

IMG_5561amp5553amp5560_1_zps8144462d.jpg

Anyways, hope this photo helps even the quality is not good. I'm using iPhone. :D

Yup, this is the height I prefer for YF-21 over YF-19. Just extended using the Gerwalk mode legs. ;)

Looking at your pics, you can still extended the feet of the YF-19 one or two more clicks. This way you'll be able to fully extend the legs of the YF-21 and acheive the height difference of the second pic.

True. The one click ankle for YF-19 for Battroid mode is the proper way (as per manual) which I didn't do it here since the ankle on my YF-19 is quite loose. However, I did try doing that and it still didn't help. The YF-21 (on his proper Battroid leg extended) looks really big over Arcadia's YF-19. Remember that the Arcadia version is now shorter in height compared to the original Yamato release by about 2cm. This is by following the revisions done in VF-19Kai. By extending 2 clicks on the ankle joint, which is for Gerwalk mode use, the YF-19 will look awkward in Battroid mode besides the YF-21.

You can still check Reivaj post before my comparison post. The YF-19 there uses the proper extended ankle. But do note that the YF-21 on that picture is not using the proper extended leg.

My conclusion is, YF-21 is a taller than both versions of YF-19. But this time, it really did make him more taller since Arcadia's YF-19 is now shorter than it's Yamato's counterpart. Based on anymoon's site, Yamato YF-19 stands 25.25cm; Yamato VF-19Kai stands 23.5cm (almost the same with Arcadia's release); Yamato YF-21 stands roughly at 26.5cm.

From anymoon:

http://anymoon.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/Yamato-VF-19Kai-11.jpg

http://anymoon.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/160-Yamato-YF-21-5.jpg

Edited by no3ljm

My conclusion is, YF-21 is a taller than both versions of YF-19. But this time, it really did make him more taller since Arcadia's YF-19 is now shorter than it's Yamato's counterpart.

I agree ;)

And I like the YF-21 being taller than the YF-19 becauese it's a meaner machine!

They need to. It's another one of Yamato's "figher over everything else" designs.

Battroid and Gerwalk are just a complete insult to fans of these modes.

It's not THAT bad.

YF-19 battroid mode looks good... YF-21 battroid mode could look better though.

Edited by YF-29 Durandal

You're in luck for your request. ;) I was playing with my Valks last night with my 5 year old son. He enjoys playing with my VF-1A Hikaru to the point he already made the pelvic joint loose on the swing bar. Hahaha! And got the urge on transforming both YF-19 (Arcadia) and YF-21 (Yamato) to compare their height.

So here you go.

In Fighter mode. (That's my son's elbow btw. :D)

IMG_5515_zps98b0187d.jpg

Original YF-21 height (by pulling and locking the bottom part of the leg). I don't like this height since he towers too much over the YF-19.

IMG_5561amp5553amp5560_3_zpse4341e40.jpg

Using YF-21 slight leg extension for Gerwalk mode. This height I prefer over the first one. Assuming Arcadia will do a renewal in the future. Hope they do something like this scale. Just a little bit taller. To still keep the impression that YF-21 is mean-looking than YF-19.

IMG_5561amp5553amp5560_2_zps3dc1b9d4.jpg

Lastly, not extending the legs. Almost the same height with Arcadia YF-19. I guess in my opinion on the height, it's kinda look ok assuming that YF-21 legs and feet are thicker.

IMG_5561amp5553amp5560_1_zps8144462d.jpg

Anyways, hope this photo helps even the quality is not good. I'm using iPhone. :D

Yup, this is the height I prefer for YF-21 over YF-19. Just extended using the Gerwalk mode legs. ;)

What's with the YF-21 right leg, why is it taped? Plus I am so jeolous that the nose on your 19 locks into the cockpit section.

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

I never liked the wings on thighs design... I hope that it never comes back.

best part of the valk ;)

Yeah, me too. :D It's kinda nice to see different Valks in toy form that has the wings on the sides instead of the traditional backpack wings. That makes the YF-21 unique since it has both wing backpacks, and side panels huge like wings. But down part is, it limits the movement of the figure since the side panel bumps always on the main thrusters backpack.

I agree ;)

And I like the YF-21 being taller than the YF-19 becauese it's a meaner machine!

I did try again this afternoon to check the YF-19 and YF-21 in their proper ankle joint extended and somehow it really looks better than the one I posted earlier (comparison photo #2). So, true, that YF-21 looks meanier when he's taller than YF-19. I'll try to post new photo next time. :)

Thanks guy's for you pics, waoooouu it's really bigger the YF 21, do you thinking Arcadia project to make a new one YF 21?

You're welcome. Hope the photos helped you. ;) Are you trying to purchase each of this valks? And YES, I do wish Arcadia will touch this blue bird once again. Since I already messed up one of the thigh by transforming it. So now my YF-21 is fixed in fighter mode as of this moment. It would be cool to display one valk and one battroid mode. Another reason is, this bird is really hard to transform. :unsure:

They need to. It's another one of Yamato's "figher over everything else" designs.

Battroid and Gerwalk are just a complete insult to fans of these modes.

It's not THAT bad.

YF-19 battroid mode looks good... YF-21 battroid mode could look better though.

Agree. They don't look so bad. :) I really do love how they look except for the YF-21 legs. And I prefer this version than their 1/72 counterparts. If only they could make something a cross of the GNU-Dou YF-21 Battroid mode, which IMO the best YF-21 Battroid mode, and the Yamato 1/60 YF-21 Fighter mode, then all is right in the world. ^_^

I also think it could be better, but I like it anyway. And such a beautiful fighter mode!!!

Amen to that. The fighter mode was their selling point. ;)

I also prefer my YF-21/VF-22's in fighter mode. If Arcadia revisits the 21/22 series I would like to see bigger legs.

Me too. GNU-Dou legs and proportion please. Heck, they can even retain the shortened nose cone design. :D

What's with the YF-21 right leg, why is it taped? Plus I am so jeolous that the nose on your 19 locks into the cockpit section.

It's not a tape, it's the original plastic wrap that came with it. Bought this second-hand on eBay without the original owner removing it. So I assumed it was never been transformed. I believe it was only displayed in fighter mode. I felt bad now since I know for a fact that it was never been transformed, it's me who gave him the cracked bruises on the thigh.

You can check my post on this thread: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=27704&p=1129290.

And maybe you can give me any advice on how to repair it. :unsure:

By the way, what's wrong with your 19 not locking on the cockpit?