Yamato 1/60 VF-1A TV Version (Brown)

okinawaHAI!

Greetings,

I just aquired a 1/60 VF-1A, Massed Produced brown version from Yamato. The box has a yellow decal on it with the word TV. It also has a decal with the title Big West. I believe it was manufactured in the 80's. I am still a little confused about the different version of VFs that have been distributd over the years. How to determine if you have a version 1, 2 or 2.5?? …or what the difference even is? Why the extra stickers on the box etc.

I am curious if this is a good buy? I tried to find reviews online but have only come across a white variant of the VF-1A. Iassume its the same thing but molded in white.

Thank you in advance.

Go to www.anymoon.com for references if you want to research the version differences. It has a pretty good list of reviews for different macross toys produced. It's not list of everything made but has quite a lot.

Here is the version 1 review:http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=1276

Here is the version 2 review:http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=4599

You can try a search here on these forums to see if they have something too if that helps. Good Luck and have fun!

Sorry about not posting pics, new to the game..yes I got the version 1 based on the pics posted. Thanks for quick responses.

No problem. If you need to know anything, there's a Toy Faqs thread sticky in this section. Can always ask questions there first before making a purchase. Gotta save that wallet from time to time ;)

The TV mass production 1A has a ton kf tampo compared to other tv valks. It has Promethius on the tail fin and is the only valk ever for yamato to have the compressor warning on the leg. It also had the ejection seat warning, and all the standard kites and UN Spacy markings. The compressor warning is the red square just behind the stripe that represents where the compressor starts in the engine.

The TV mass production 1A has a ton kf tampo compared to other tv valks. It has Promethius on the tail fin and is the only valk ever for yamato to have the compressor warning on the leg. It also had the ejection seat warning, and all the standard kites and UN Spacy markings. The compressor warning is the red square just behind the stripe that represents where the compressor starts in the engine.

A small correction, it's the VF-1J mass production the one with all that tampo!

Did a quick Google search and found the following review w pictures of Yamato's 1/60 TV VF-1A (v2) and it does indeed have a lot of 'tampo' printing on it (lots of pretty pictures, gave up reading because I didn't agree with his assessment of this line of Yamato Valkyries as to fragile to handle).

http://www.mech9.com/blog/2011/08/160-vf-1a-valkyrie-mass-production-version-by-yamato-toys/1/

I do own a VF-1J Mass Production/Cannon Fodder and it also has a ton of print, and sreichma is correct, there is no printing on the wings, not of Prometheus or anything else.

*edit, not wings but tail fins

-b.

Edited by Kanedas Bike

His Mass Production 1-J is a tough and rare one to have, your best bet is the 1-A cannon fodder. Is the "rescue" on the nose of the 1-j tampo? I'd like to know everything that is tampo on the 1-J because I've heard it was a test by Yamato of how much tampo to put on but they're so rare I've never been able to see what it has.

No, the tampo I described above is all on the 1-A cannon Fodder. I own one.

TV 1A cannon fodder, not the DYRL. I don't think the 1-J mass production has Prometheus on the Tail Fin.

You are right!! I checked my TV VF-1A CF and it has the tampo you mentioned!!!

His Mass Production 1-J is a tough and rare one to have, your best bet is the 1-A cannon fodder. Is the "rescue" on the nose of the 1-j tampo? I'd like to know everything that is tampo on the 1-J because I've heard it was a test by Yamato of how much tampo to put on but they're so rare I've never been able to see what it has.

Had to take some of the GBP-1S armor off I have on it to check, and yes it has rescue and a few other markings tampo'ed (sp) on the nose. It's been awhile since I've seen it armor-less but there are really a ton of markings on it. I guess it's funny I have it wrapped in armor so that I can't see any of them. :wacko:

-b.