Funny Gundam flash animation

Jolly Rogers

:blink::blink: What in the bloody hell was that???!! :blink::blink:

Was that an actual game?????? WTF :lol:

It's from a very old game for the original Playstation. IIRC, it was the first, or one of the first Gundam games for the Playstation. I think it came out sometime between 1995 to 1997. Terrible game IMO, with lousy controlls and poor gameplay, not to mention the stomach churning FMV with those terrible Gaijin 'D' grade actors B))

Graham

That game was commissioned by Bandai but developed by Presto Studios, the developer responsible for the Journeyman Project CD-ROM game. It was originally intended for its Pippin console but the development took forever, by the time it came out the Pippin was practically dead, so Bandai released it for the PlayStation in Japan instead (there were several Gundam games released on the PS1 prior to this steaming pile).

A few years later, when Bandai America launched AnimeVillage to promote Gundam (this was before the Wing craze) on VHS, they gave away copies of this game on CD-ROM for Mac OS/Windows as a way to clear inventory - apparently the game didn't sell that many copies and was piling up in the warehouse.

What about game play movies? How did this game play?

What gameplay? The game doesn't let you move at all. You simply choose from the icons at the bottom of the screen. Selecting an icon will simply cut to the next scene.

Example:

At the beginning of the game, you run to the Gundam and board the cockpit. A Zaku is right in front of you, preparing to waste you with a machine gun. What do you do?

Icons: Beam Saber, Vulcan Guns

If you select Beam Saber, the Zaku will just blow you to bits. If you select Vulcan Guns, the Gundam will fire its Vulcans at the Zaku. Then, you walk out of the hangar and see another Zaku - this time, with a Heat Hawk. What do you do?

Icons: Beam Saber, Vulcan Guns, Shield

You get the idea. That's just what happens in the game.

Oooh. This little rustbucket of a game.

You guys believe I actually bought the PC version of this game? It's a horrible horrible "game". The cutscenes are great though.

No, I didn't play the entire game to see all the cutscenes. The programmers left them conveniently as MPEGs in a directory so I didn't even needed to run the software.

The feddie CF pilots were the best with their thumbs up and what not. Stupid. The whols thing looked like a poorly done cosplaying skit. Was that construction paper on Char's mask around his eyes?

BTW, NoSuchFile, I love your new avatar.