FFXI Christmas Spectacular!

Vostok 7

I finally figured out how to get pictures out of the POL server.... so I got 2:

First.... this is a pretty cool picture of my first trip to Qufim. :)

Funny thing is.... the Phatboy guy... I met him again a few days ago in Yhoator jungle, and we couldn't remember if we had pted together before... I can't believe I actually have a snap of the time I pted with him when we were still just wars. :huh:

post-26-1078087496_thumb.jpg

Edited by Abombz!!

It's funny... Now that I've licked the dragon (not literally :blink: ) I have a serious plan about where I want to go with this game... I'm 1/3 through the Pallie quest... So what I'm gonna do is go to Khazam, get myself to lvl 30, then finish the pallie quest and take up pallie until I get tired of the game again. And work on getting higher rank too.

Vostok 7

It's funny... Now that I've licked the dragon (not literally :blink: ) I have a serious plan about where I want to go with this game... I'm 1/3 through the Pallie quest... So what I'm gonna do is go to Khazam, get myself to lvl 30, then finish the pallie quest and take up pallie until I get tired of the game again. And work on getting higher rank too.

Vostok 7

Just wait till you get to sit around in Jeuno waiting from an invitation from parts unknown.... its real fun.

Been lv32 for a week now... and not even a single pt invitation in daily 8 hours of game play. <_<

lol, I JUST reached lv. 18 last night (I finally landed a kick ass party that got me 3 levels in one night!) even though I've had the subjob items ever since about 13 or so. I'm gonna do a brief stint in the dunes helping others to get their subjob items (the way I was helped) until I make it to 20, and then it's off to Jeuno! After that? Only my destiny as a Dark Knight awaits me.....

lol I keep running into all these people that have totally obliterated any progress I feel I've made. I ran into a mithra I partied with who helped me get to lvl 20 (iirc), she was around that at the same time. She's now a lvl 41 BLM with every job except DRG unlocked and most of them at around lvl 30. :blink:

Anakie, the one who gave me the linkpearl went from lvl 1 DRK to lvl 30 DRK in like a week.

Drad got lvl 30 in a month.

WTF is my problem :lol:

Vostok 7

lol I keep running into all these people that have totally obliterated any progress I feel I've made.  I ran into a mithra I partied with who helped me get to lvl 20 (iirc), she was around that at the same time.  She's now a lvl 41 BLM with every job except DRG unlocked and most of them at around lvl 30.  :blink:

Anakie, the one who gave me the linkpearl went from lvl 1 DRK to lvl 30 DRK in like a week.

Vostok 7

Don't ask me..... I'm still trying to figure out how the frakk ppl find pts past lv32. <_<

And to sort of answer your question...... its because all those ppl have absolutly no life. I put emphasis on the no life part. JUst about 95% of the ppl in our server don't do anything else other then play FFXI all day. <_<

Edited by Abombz!!

lol I keep running into all these people that have totally obliterated any progress I feel I've made.  I ran into a mithra I partied with who helped me get to lvl 20 (iirc), she was around that at the same time.  She's now a lvl 41 BLM with every job except DRG unlocked and most of them at around lvl 30.  :blink:

Vostok 7

Don't ask me..... I'm still trying to figure out how the frakk ppl find pts past lv32. <_<

And to sort of answer your question...... its because all those ppl have absolutly no life. I put emphasis on the no life part. JUst about 95% of the ppl in our server don't do anything else other then play FFXI all day. <_<

It's better than me having no life and posting in the forum with my...*ahem*...interesting fantasies..... :p:p:p

PS: BTW, I am posting from a small internet cafe in Malaysia...hundreds miles away from home...guess u guys are going to amuse me for a hour or so.... :ph34r:

I'm not your monkey RC!! :lol:

Abombz, the leader of my LS has gotten her pallie to lvl 36. Most of the people I see getting that high are jobs like mages and pallies and things like that. I've seen one other job past 32, a 41 DRG in my LS... And I was quite suprised he was that high. One of my 30+ LS members has been lvling in Garlage Citadel lately... but he said partying there is hell.

Part of the reason I haven't progressed that fast is because I've actually worked on doing missions and quests. Half of the 20-30+ members in my LS haven't even gotten past Rank 2, and most of them haven't even DONE missions yet :blink: Most of them don't even do quests either... That's what blows people out on this game so fast, is just sitting there all the time and lvling. Any time I get tired with this game I take a break and do some quests or something.

Vostok 7

I'm not your monkey RC!! :lol:

Abombz, the leader of my LS has gotten her pallie to lvl 36.  Most of the people I see getting that high are jobs like mages and pallies and things like that.  I've seen one other job past 32, a 41 DRG in my LS...  And I was quite suprised he was that high.  One of my 30+ LS members has been lvling in Garlage Citadel lately...  but he said partying there is hell.

Part of the reason I haven't progressed that fast is because I've actually worked on doing missions and quests.  Half of the 20-30+ members in my LS haven't even gotten past Rank 2, and most of them haven't even DONE missions yet :blink:  Most of them don't even do quests either...  That's what blows people out on this game so fast, is just sitting there all the time and lvling.  Any time I get tired with this game I take a break and do some quests or something.

Vostok 7

I'm honestly ready to put this game out of its misery. I'm just waiting on my copy of Ninja Gaiden, hopefully it will keep me busy for more then 12 hours of non stop playing, and Clive Barkers "The Undying" has been "calling" me for a few days now.... maybe that game is cursed after all. :huh:

Considering Lineage II is going to be 200% pure random PvP, I'm going to steer so far away from it as a vampire runs from cross and holy water. City of Heroes sounds kind of cool, and WoW keeps sounding better and better. BUt you know how Blizzard is.... not expecting that game to come out any time soon.

But then again.... I won't feel accomplished in the game untill I have at least gotten 1 AF. <_<

And I have done more quests then I care to remember. My whm is lv25, and I can say it sucks to have raise because everyone in the area expects you to drop everything and come raise them. My sam is lv32, sucks to find a party. I got Ninja and dragoon this weekend, and I can say Ninja is a terrible job, and dragoon is a complete drag. I got rank 5, and I can say ariships are not that hot. I got gobbie bag I and mog safe I, both were pretty useless, except for giving me a huge budget hole.

And to add insult to injury..... Square decided to decrease the rate of crystal drops. Yesterday, I went from lv1 to 10 with my dragoon and I got a total of 5 crystals. Seems like those dumb frakks want us to go hunting NMs as a source of significant income. <_<

Edited by Abombz!!

Heh, you sound like you're in pain everytime you play the game.

Not sure about the reduced crystal drops. I leveled up my beastmaster to 7 over the weekend just for the hell of it, and got about 60 earth crystals. I had to start throwing some away after awhile.

Ninja is useless. He can take hits, but he can't hold aggro, which is probably the most important part. Ninja as a sub is great however, especially for those who choose to go warrior main. Dual-wield lets them double attack more often, they have utsusemi 1 and some nice passive bonuses.

Dragoon is not so bad, but it seems like an eternity until he gets pentathrust, and even then it's not such a great weaponskill. His Wyvern however, won't last past a few fights. People say dragoon should never be used as a sub because a dragoon can't call wyvern, but the wyvern dies after 3 or 4 fights anyway.

I picked up an import copy of FFXI the other day too. :) I set my language to only J and redid all my macros and such. I don't plan to party with english speakers ever again.

I want the pallie AF something fearce, but knowing me, it'll take me a year to get there. <_<

I desparately need to take a break though. And yet I can't because now people are relying on me to get stuff done for them :angry:

these games ruin lives. :lol:

Oh yeah and I love my LS. They can go from one day being really cool, then I come back the next day and they're really cool... then I leave for about 2-3hrs, and when I come back they all but ignore me and when I ask anything of them they get all up on me. <_< Then, not 2-3hrs later, everything is cool again. <_<:rolleyes:

Saturday I was literally rolling on the floor because one guy in our LS (who was a 32 RDM btw) was completely clueless about how to do missions :lol: We explained to him 10 times what he had to do and nothing... And there was another guy in the LS who started yelling "can someone raise me in north gustaberg?" so Maryel said "sure, where are you?" "yes" "ok, where are you?" "north gustaberg" "where in north gustaberg?" "yes" "no, where in north gustaberg!" "on the road"

:lol:

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

Not sure about the reduced crystal drops. I leveled up my beastmaster to 7 over the weekend just for the hell of it, and got about 60 earth crystals. I had to start throwing some away after awhile.

Ninja is useless. He can take hits, but he can't hold aggro, which is probably the most important part. Ninja as a sub is great however, especially for those who choose to go warrior main. Dual-wield lets them double attack more often, they have utsusemi 1 and some nice passive bonuses.

Dragoon is not so bad, but it seems like an eternity until he gets pentathrust, and even then it's not such a great weaponskill. His Wyvern however, won't last past a few fights. People say dragoon should never be used as a sub because a dragoon can't call wyvern, but the wyvern dies after 3 or 4 fights anyway.

I picked up an import copy of FFXI the other day too. :) I set my language to only J and redid all my macros and such. I don't plan to party with english speakers ever again.

If you consider boredom as pain... then I guess I could say I'm in excruciating pain every time I boot the game up. <_<

Dragoon is an extremely useless class. I lost my wyvern... and decent challenges were eating me alive at lv6. I don't understand why Square decided it was a good idea to make every class dex retarded. Seriously, even with A+ proficiency, easys still dodge 9 out of 10 of my attacks. <_<

As far as partying with english speakers.... I found a nice way to filter out the bad players. 90% of the players that have actualy names for character names (not a bunch of words put together) are good players. 70% of players who named their characters after anime characters (non popular anime, mind you) are good players (the other 30% just don't know any better). 100% of players who name their characters with retarded names (like slang words) are pure retards and should be avoided at all costs. 99% of players who name their characters after popular anime character (Dragon Ball Z... I'm looking at you.) are a bunch of no good retards. <_<

Another 6 hours of no pts in Jeuno.... I guess I should go lv my thf or something. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah and I love my LS. They can go from one day being really cool, then I come back the next day and they're really cool... then I leave for about 2-3hrs, and when I come back they all but ignore me and when I ask anything of them they get all up on me.  Then, not 2-3hrs later, everything is cool again. 

Heh... I can't believe I actually had to buy the only high lv player in my LS. Let him borrow 50k to buy a sword and now he will help me with just about every quest. :rolleyes:

I agree with you on the name thing Abombz, but there is always exceptions to the rule. For instance, I partied with a Mithra named "Urallupons" once and she was a really good player. But generally anyone with some retarded sounding name I will avoid... because usually they're the players with loud obnoxious public calls for their WS' and such :angry:

Vostok 7

Not sure about the reduced crystal drops.  I leveled up my beastmaster to 7 over the weekend just for the hell of it, and got about 60 earth crystals.  I had to start throwing some away after awhile.

Ninja is useless.  He can take hits, but he can't hold aggro, which is probably the most important part.  Ninja as a sub is great however, especially for those who choose to go warrior main.  Dual-wield lets them double attack more often, they have utsusemi 1 and some nice passive bonuses.

Dragoon is not so bad, but it seems like an eternity until he gets pentathrust, and even then it's not such a great weaponskill.  His Wyvern however, won't last past a few fights.  People say dragoon should never be used as a sub because a dragoon can't call wyvern, but the wyvern dies after 3 or 4 fights anyway.

I picked up an import copy of FFXI the other day too.  :)  I set my language to only J and redid all my macros and such.  I don't plan to party with english speakers ever again.

If you consider boredom as pain... then I guess I could say I'm in excruciating pain every time I boot the game up. <_<

Dragoon is an extremely useless class. I lost my wyvern... and decent challenges were eating me alive at lv6. I don't understand why Square decided it was a good idea to make every class dex retarded. Seriously, even with A+ proficiency, easys still dodge 9 out of 10 of my attacks. <_<

As far as partying with english speakers.... I found a nice way to filter out the bad players. 90% of the players that have actualy names for character names (not a bunch of words put together) are good players. 70% of players who named their characters after anime characters (non popular anime, mind you) are good players (the other 30% just don't know any better). 100% of players who name their characters with retarded names (like slang words) are pure retards and should be avoided at all costs. 99% of players who name their characters after popular anime character (Dragon Ball Z... I'm looking at you.) are a bunch of no good retards. <_<

Another 6 hours of no pts in Jeuno.... I guess I should go lv my thf or something. :rolleyes:

Hey that's pretty good on the names. I usually pt with ppl who have usual names. Heh, I wonder where that filtering systems puts mu brother. :p

I agree with you on the name thing Abombz, but there is always exceptions to the rule. For instance, I partied with a Mithra named "Urallupons" once and she was a really good player. But generally anyone with some retarded sounding name I will avoid... because usually they're the players with loud obnoxious public calls for their WS' and such :angry:

Vostok 7

How is she an exception to the rule? Urallupons is a name created after asking the game to create names at random. That name falls on the "is a name" category.

Seriously, even with A+ proficiency, easys still dodge 9 out of 10 of my attacks. <_<

A+ only really means that you can get weaponskills sooner than others. As far as not being able to hit more often or stronger, that can all be changed with str+ acc+ and dex+ equipment.

As far as names go, all I have to do is look at the search comment. If they have no search comment, then they're American. If they have a search comment, and it's in English or has heavy auto-translator usage, they're American. Everyone else is Japanese. I also noticed that American players are the only ones setting languages for JE. Those 3 things are like the kiss of death.

However, there are some classes where you will always get a party with almost no waiting. Paladin, Bard, Red Mage and Summoner. I'm not sure what happened from level 20-56, but suddenly it seems like there's more white mages than the server actually needs. At any time now, there are only 6 paladins at my level range online, 2 bards, a lot of red mages (but all in groups) and 1 summoner. I know you may think summoner sucks, but wait till you get group blink, stoneskin and enthunder. As far as melee damage dealers go, the order in which you get invited is:

1. Dark Knight

2. Dragoon

3. Samurai

4. Warrior

5. Monk

I've tried to set a search comment and I can't get it to work.

I figure Paladin is like WHM, you'll get invites left and right (as long as ppl know what you're supposed to do <_< )

You just have to deal with people in Valkurm who think Monks should tank (because you have so much hp!!) and Paladins should heal the party. (why are you only curing yourself!!) <_<

Vostok 7

Seriously, even with A+ proficiency, easys still dodge 9 out of 10 of my attacks. <_<

A+ only really means that you can get weaponskills sooner than others. As far as not being able to hit more often or stronger, that can all be changed with str+ acc+ and dex+ equipment.

As far as names go, all I have to do is look at the search comment. If they have no search comment, then they're American. If they have a search comment, and it's in English or has heavy auto-translator usage, they're American. Everyone else is Japanese. I also noticed that American players are the only ones setting languages for JE. Those 3 things are like the kiss of death.

However, there are some classes where you will always get a party with almost no waiting. Paladin, Bard, Red Mage and Summoner. I'm not sure what happened from level 20-56, but suddenly it seems like there's more white mages than the server actually needs. At any time now, there are only 6 paladins at my level range online, 2 bards, a lot of red mages (but all in groups) and 1 summoner. I know you may think summoner sucks, but wait till you get group blink, stoneskin and enthunder. As far as melee damage dealers go, the order in which you get invited is:

1. Dark Knight

2. Dragoon

3. Samurai

4. Warrior

5. Monk

A+ really means that you hit better and has higher weapon skill lv cap with it. Want proof? Get 2 wars, both with the same skill lv on great axe and great sword.... see which one hits more often. The great axe one does... because wars get A+ proficience with axes. And it doesn't matter... if you happen to lose your wyvern... you are stuck with a completly useless weak dmg dealer who can't hit the broader side of a mountain. <_<

Well... on your seach comment comment... theres no winning then. The english version of FFXI isn't cappable ot using japanese characters, how the frakk am I suppose to get a decent search comment? Why am I supposed to suffer because of Squares extreme near sighted dumbassness? Seriously.... they will only accept american address for registering to POL, and yet they let you use credit cards from all around the world... hows that supposed to make sense? Even in my POL profile.... I can even set my nationality to anything other then Canadian, American or Japanese. WTF? :angry:

You know what I'm going to do? My search comment is going to be "I'm not american, I'm brazilian, so please don't punish me for their asshatery" <_<

The thing I hate about american players.... they are either dark knights or palis. And whats worse..... american palis refuse to party with other palis!! I had a japanese tarutaru pali in my pt once (he sucked at holding agro, let me tell you), we invited another pali, and the idiot went on to complain about having another pali in the party!! Even if palis get pts out the wazoo..... I'm never going to be a pali... because everyone is!! I rather quit then be a pali. <_<

Welp.... whm isn't fun anymore. I quit a great pt, 100 points from lv26 because I was having the worst case of boredom. I have no money to buy spells. 8 hours of no party today for my sam either. I guess I ran out of options. <_<

Its so much fun when the producer of the game locks you in the pen with the retards and kills whatever chance you have of playing with good players... you know something is wrong.

And BTW.... japanese players are just about as much asses as americans are. This one player approached me on a trip from Bastok to Jeuno in the airship. He asked if it was ok to talk, all in japanese, as it was mostly in hiragana, I understood him and replied as politely as possible that it was ok.... his answer was "Oh, I thought you were japanese" and then "Sorry". WTF? :rolleyes:

Edited by Abombz!!

I mean no offense or disrespect to you Abombz, but I feel compelled to ask you a question:

If you have so many complications with this game (it's players, it's programmers, etc), WHY on God's green earth are you still playing it? Again, no offense, but you're standing over a VERY dead horse, beating the holy crap out of it with a shovel. You need a vacation or something man.... some ritalin to take the edge off, ANYTHING!! :D

It sounds to me like you've pretty much played FFXI for everything it's worth and now it's time to move on perhaps? Maybe apply to be a GM? (as if you really wanted to spend time wallowing in other people's stupidity, right?) All I know is the vibe we're getting from you is that the only reason you're playing this game is because someone is holding you at gunpoint to do so (it's a metaphor, but it pretty much sums up what I'm receiving)

Obviously you must enjoy the game on SOME level.... what was it that attracted you to the game originally? Would having more of said-idea improve your interest? I don't work for square-enix or anything, I'm just trying to get a full feel of where you're coming from.

I think I'm one of the few people that didn't get his subjob until lvl 22, lol. Anyway, I saw one of the stupidest things from a player during my partying today. There was a player that had his character set to seek party. However, this idiot kept telling people that invited him that he wanted to play solo. I almost felt like telling him to turn seek party off, but figured he'd say something stupid, so I didn't even bother.

I think I'm one of the few people that didn't get his subjob until lvl 22, lol. Anyway, I saw one of the stupidest things from a player during my partying today. There was a player that had his character set to seek party. However, this idiot kept telling people that invited him that he wanted to play solo. I almost felt like telling him to turn seek party off, but figured he'd say something stupid, so I didn't even bother.

I used to see that all the time in Valkurm <_<

Anyway... I'm in disbelief at the moment. So I log on to help DT kill the black dragon because he wasn't fast enough to come do it when we did it and then he got all pissy at Yoh and I for doing it before him <_<

So I log on and he says he has a WHM (who was actually a WHM/NIN "because he's bored") to help us. Ok, fine, great, let's go and find someone else... Well, my LS didn't want to help (again) and he certainly wasn't going to search for anyone, so the four of us set out for Giddeus...

I outline what everyone has to do, bla bla bla, we get to the burning circle... DT goes in... Yoh and I go in... Then we get "um, how do I get into there?"

Our WHM didn't have a freaking dark key. Would have been nice to know BEFORE we went into the dragon's lair. <_<

So I'm pretty much certain we're going to die, but we decide "f-this, let's just do it" so Yoh sleep's the dragon, and we kill the eye... So far so good. Then we bust out the 2hrs on the dragon. I get cursed again...

But we killed the damn dragon! With 2 people and one screwoff! Took us 6 minuites (we spend 2 just hanging around the circle trying to figure out how screwed we were).

And then, DT doesn't thank us or anything and starts abusing Yoh <_< what a bastard. but hey, he gave us 10k gil once we got back to our houses, but I would bet money that the WHM told him to do it after he saw the way he was treating us. Seriously, I'm probably not going to help him again with anything. :angry:

Vostok 7

Well... on your seach comment comment... theres no winning then. The english version of FFXI isn't cappable ot using japanese characters, how the frakk am I suppose to get a decent search comment? Why am I supposed to suffer because of Squares extreme near sighted dumbassness? Seriously.... they will only accept american address for registering to POL, and yet they let you use credit cards from all around the world... hows that supposed to make sense? Even in my POL profile.... I can even set my nationality to anything other then Canadian, American or Japanese. WTF? :angry:

You know what I'm going to do? My search comment is going to be "I'm not american, I'm brazilian, so please don't punish me for their asshatery" <_<

The thing I hate about american players.... they are either dark knights or palis. And whats worse..... american palis refuse to party with other palis!! I had a japanese tarutaru pali in my pt once (he sucked at holding agro, let me tell you), we invited another pali, and the idiot went on to complain about having another pali in the party!! Even if palis get pts out the wazoo..... I'm never going to be a pali... because everyone is!! I rather quit then be a pali. <_<

Welp.... whm isn't fun anymore. I quit a great pt, 100 points from lv26 because I was having the worst case of boredom. I have no money to buy spells. 8 hours of no party today for my sam either. I guess I ran out of options. <_<

Yeah, I have to say you're screwed there. I wish you luck in finding a good american party. I have had absolutely zilch, so I decided to do something about it rather than wait for boredom to kill me.

As for the whole why can't I use <insert country name here> addresses, the game technically wasn't a worldwide release, only Japan and NA. S-E really has no obligation to support importers. The non-japanese IME in the NA release was a money issue, as the IME is not proprietary and has to be purchased from a third party vendor. They figured since the majority of NA user's don't understand Japanese anyway, an inclusion of an IME that would go largely unused at their expense was just a colossal waste of cash.

As for Japanese a-holes, yeah, there are tons. Although, there's a lot to be said here as to why a lot of the Japanese players don't care for their North American counterparts. I have been in a lot of NA parties, and I can totally understand why they don't care to associate with us. I have gone on AF raids where an entire 18 man alliance goes smoothly except for a couple NA's who just act like giddy little children in a candy store. While the example doesn't speak for every single NA player in the game, it is far more applicable to a greater share of NA players then JP ones. Easier to ignore the whole lot of em than try to guess and check which players will be good or not.

For the life of me, I can't tell if you're a masochist or what... In all your responses, I can literally feel this massive cloud of hate directed toward the game, and if you hate it so much, just quit. I'm scared you'll stick around for AF1, then realize how useless AF weapons are, fire off another hate volley and then feel compelled to play for 10 more levels to get AF2. If you really hate the game, just stop playing.

Edited by imode