FFXI Christmas Spectacular!

Vostok 7

You know what I find interesting. From talking with someone in the beta it seems the North American servers aren't even in NA but in Taiwan just serperate from the other versions. Also the Taiwan version of the game seemed to be filled with bugs, memory leaks, etc when it went live though they are trying to fix it and add everything to the NA and JP versions of the game before they launch. That's suppose to be the reason why their release dates were pushed back.

Imode that's just scary, this was the very reason I didn't like the random servers of FFXI. Also now that I'm remembering, wasn't Lineage the game that was suppose to have people actually killing people in real life(mob ties) due to events in the game? Yikes. Anyway I'd much rather if the servers were split by different countries, things just get really hostile on all sides. Thought I did signup for the beta, really like to see what its like and to decide if I'll try it out later.

Edited by Effect

I broke down and signed up for the Lineage II beta (not because of the sukebe factor, but because it looked genuinely interesing)... If I don't get it (which I probably won't) then I won't be buying it, if I do, well then I'll get a nice few month head start on Abombz' machine-like lvling powers. <_<:p

Vostok 7

bah. Well, yeah, so I sold a bunch of my stuff and got a full set of chain armor, and then was going to go help my LS help someone get their keys... So first, they tell me to go to Sandy, but then they were done there so I said ok I'll meet you at Palborough... Then we got talking about armor for awhile and then everyone went silent. So I said, ok, I'll just go down there. So I sit at the mines for about an hour killing things and stuff, and I see the LS people are there... so I msg them saying oh I'm here just killing stuff and stuff, and they say OK, then I found them on the second floor killing things, so I stood around while they were killing things and then they ran off... So I stood around killing more things, them not saying a thing... and finally I got fed up and left. :angry: WTF.

I can never win. :angry:

Vostok 7

I broke down and signed up for the Lineage II beta (not because of the sukebe factor, but because it looked genuinely interesing)...  If I don't get it (which I probably won't) then I won't be buying it, if I do, well then I'll get a nice few month head start on Abombz' machine-like lvling powers. <_<:p

Vostok 7

You do realize that the Lineage 2 beta is the type you sign up for as in you will defenetly get in? The pre-order deal is, pre-order the game and get the beta disc before hand.

And no... I probably won't play Lineage 2... so good luck. The thought of getting a MMORPG at launch and swimming through the sea of bugs and crap makes me want to hurt ppl.

Edited by Abombz!!

You do realize that the Lineage 2 beta is the type you sign up for as in you will defenetly get in? The pre-order deal is, pre-order the game and get the beta disc before hand.

And no... I probably won't play Lineage 2... so good luck.

Hm. Well, I'm not pre-ordering it then. It said you could sign up, or secure a place by pre-ordering.

And your last comment... I could see that coming as soon as I expressed the slightest interest <_<

Vostok 7

And no... I probably won't play Lineage 2... so good luck.

Hm. Well, I'm not pre-ordering it then. It said you could sign up, or secure a place by pre-ordering.

And your last comment... I could see that coming as soon as I expressed the slightest interest <_<

Vostok 7

Nope... I simply don't have enough interest. Honestly.... this is Everquest dressed in a different outfit.... they all are. If I'm going to be lv grinding.... I might just stick to FFXI.

And besides.... I seriously doubt they are making this game with solo in mind. <_<

Lineage is a good game, but after all the trouble I went through during the beta, I don't know if I can stomach it again. To be fair though, I also had a lousy time during the World of Warcraft Alpha, but seeing how so many people are starting to quit FFXI, I may move on to simpler pastures as well. World of Warcraft on paper sounds like the best of all of the mmorpgs, but the engine is incredibly dated, and the game isn't even out yet. Oh well, I'll reserve judgement until I see a retail version. Until then, I'll keep trudging along in FFXI.

The only reason why I'm even slightly interested on WoW is because of the Warcraft universe... it has potential, and I just hope Blizzard can realize it.

And as for ppl quitting... I think the number of ppl quitting is the same number of ppl joining everyday. The PS2 version is just around the corner.

As for Lineage 2.... if its the same pain to get money as it was in FFXI.... that game has not future for me.

Nope... I simply don't have enough interest. Honestly.... this is Everquest dressed in a different outfit.... they all are. If I'm going to be lv grinding.... I might just stick to FFXI.

And besides.... I seriously doubt they are making this game with solo in mind. <_<

You said you wanted to play it not 10 posts up...

Either way I don't care anymore. FFXI is starting to get on my nerves (again) as well lately.

Vostok 7

You said you wanted to play it not 10 posts up...

Either way I don't care anymore. FFXI is starting to get on my nerves (again) as well lately.

Vostok 7

10 posts ago.... 1 whole day ago. Ppl can change their minds, you know? Its not unusual or inhuman.

And honestly..... if I was really excited about playing Lineage 2, nothing would stop me from playing it. <_<

10 posts ago.... 1 whole day ago. Ppl can change their minds, you know? Its not unusual or inhuman.

And honestly..... if I was really excited about playing Lineage 2, nothing would stop me from playing it. <_<

lol I forgot it was you I was talking to :p

Nothing would stop you? Not even my wanting to play? Wow. :p

j/k

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

I agree, I think World of Warcraft, like Star Wars Galaxies is running mostly on its franchise name. Not really need is there, though I loved SWG(auction terminals but I wish the limit wasn't there). I can't say I'm not interested in it, I really enjoy the Warcraft games and I to want to check it out but I doubt I'll stay. I'd be pleasantly surprised if I did. :lol: There really is nothing different about it when compare with Everquest or SWG. Same basic setup gameplay wise, then again if the level grind is seriously reduced it would have that going for it.

lol I forgot it was you I was talking to :p

Nothing would stop you? Not even my wanting to play? Wow. :p

j/k

Vostok 7

What does that have to do with anything? So I should shoot you if you ever change your mind? I have 2 words at the tip of my tongue for you... but I rather not use them at the risk of being banned. <_<

And no... I could really give a crap about you wanting or not wanting to play this or any other game. <_<

Hey, Lineage II looks to have lots of "graphical options" for characters. I don't know if it's merely large quantities of *different-looking* armor, or flat-out selectable for the character, but it's definitely caught my eye. I don't necessarily need "customizing" just "lots of options".

Hahah, was down in Kuftal tonight. I got owned by a wyvern. We're fighting crabs in this big hall, and all of a sudden this huge wyvern comes up behind me and knocks me dead in two hits.

Mages all went down in one hit. Paladin threw up invincible, but after it wore off he was torn to pieces.

Here's a pic from very far away. After the first encounter, we made sure not to go near the middle of the room again.

post-26-1077274524_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't going to dig this back up, but Yoh and I finally got the dragon and all our keys to Khazam.

The dragon was easy. There were only 5 of us, 2 RDM, WHM, DRK and WAR and we took it down in 4 minuites.

I got cursed... Other than that everyone faired well.

Took us 2 freaking hours to get a second Giddeus key. :angry:

Vostok 7

Hmmm.... I would've taken a picture of the dragoon flag quest dragon... but the damn thing went down in 2 minutes. :huh:

Truly anti climatic. Wading through the sea of Bogys and Banshees in Korroloka for the ninja quest after killing the dragon was much harder, too bad the leeches were again..... weak. :blink:

On a brighter note.... we do, now, hold the record for killing that dragon, at 1 minute and 45 seconds. Our whm was pissed because he didn't have the time to cast even a single spell. :lol:

And one lucky soul got to be taken around Vanadiel doing advanced job quests simply because he shouted "Need help with killing the Dragoon quest dragon!!" in Sandoria. :blink:

I'll probably do the quest again because our lv52 sam wanted to kill it again.... I'll be sure to take pics.... if I'm not too busy messing his Meikyo Shisui up. :p

Is FFXI in Beta testing or it is available?

In PC or PS2 format?

I wanted to play but i did not see it in my country..

I always wanted to play as Rikku type of character... :p:p

Anyway i am playing Ragnarok the MMORPG..anyone else play this?

This game would be perfect for you RC :p

Forget the Rikku-like character and go straight for the bearded guy in a thong... :blink:

We were trying to get a speed record for the dragon since my LS has gotten the record a few times, but everyone kinda dabbled and our other RDM didn't sleep the dragon fast enough. :rolleyes: But once we got into it it only took us a few minuites. Damn curse though. Hopefully it'll be gone soon. <_<

Vostok 7

We were trying to get a speed record for the dragon since my LS has gotten the record a few times, but everyone kinda dabbled and our other RDM didn't sleep the dragon fast enough.  But once we got into it it only took us a few minuites. Damn curse though. Hopefully it'll be gone soon.

Getting record in that mission is kind of hard since the game gimps your entire pt. Unless we are talking about 4 blms and 1 or 2 palis.... getting record is hard.

We got record in the other dragon because there was no gimpness on purpose. All it took us were 2 sam 2hs to bring the dragon down. Funny thing is, my LS kept telling me how not even the entire LS put together could bring it down. :rolleyes:

Wasn't going to dig this back up, but Yoh and I finally got the dragon and all our keys to Khazam.

The dragon was easy. There were only 5 of us, 2 RDM, WHM, DRK and WAR and we took it down in 4 minuites.

I got cursed... Other than that everyone faired well.

Took us 2 freaking hours to get a second Giddeus key. :angry:

Vostok 7

<_< I was starting to think I was jinxed or something we didn't get that second key for like forever and whenever I cast lot on it I managed to get a pathetic low# <_<