pics requests

Jung

Didn't someone have pics of all the Valks with various scemes.  I need to see the Max TV 1A sceme.

Well, there's this:

The Custom TV VF-1A Max

Even when it comes to models, I think this is a highly neglected scheme...maybe because of lack of references.

Edited by Draykov

Didn't someone have pics of all the Valks with various scemes.  I need to see the Max TV 1A sceme.

Here's a thread about Max's 1A.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...egory=2492&rd=1

I'm not sure what Voltron I has to do with Max, but I've been looking for one of those for a friend of mine. ;)

Huh? What about Voltron.

I wish someone would give proper recognition to the Valk that was involved in one of the best scenes in the Macross series. Max's fight with Millia was awesome and this is the Valk you see Max in the most yet it is passed on over and over again.

Huh? What about Voltron.

If you'll notice, EXO accidentally supplied us with a link to an eBay auction for a Voltron I toy (not a link to a Max 1A thread as claimed).

Huh? What about Voltron.

If you'll notice, EXO accidentally supplied us with a link to an eBay auction for a Voltron I toy (not a link to a Max 1A thread as claimed).

LOL!!!

whoops...

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...=ST&f=24&t=1075

Alright, quit looking at my Voltron. <_<

Man EXO, you know you did that on purpose so you can get some crazy reactions on here. So you lucked out on getting an original voltron I for 23 bucks. Must you rub it in? Lucky bastard! :p:D:lol:

Huh? What about Voltron.

LOL!!!

whoops...

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...=ST&f=24&t=1075

Alright, quit looking at my Voltron. <_<

Y'know, I almost sniped that one. 40mins before end and I thought, "screw it. Just need the cars/land team. I'll wait." Went out drinking instead. :lol::lol:

Nice grab though, beat out Southpawsdragon for it.

Hello Jung,

I hope you are doing well, and it is good to see you back! ;)

I fondly remember buying some awesome customs from you, and they were quite an investment, especially considering how much one of your pristine 1/55 customs sold for. Oh, those were the days, back when it was cool to locate a decent Jetfire or Joons on Ebay.

Blue Roses Scheme is my favorite, and I have had some projects in mind, and completed for quite a while, so I'm looking forward to seeing yours.

Here is a picture of the original 1/48 VF-1S Blue Roses Valkyrie:

post-22-1063908574.jpg

I commissioned Devin quite a while back to make the first Blue Roses decals, and we also talked about the elusive "brown" camouflage scheme. Here is the only picture I have been able to find, but in the past I swear I saw more at a Japanese Macross Valkyrie modeling website. Can't find it again though. Here it is:

no02v-mg-page5.jpg

Good luck! Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Ah, you beat me to it, ChrisB! Jung, as Chris points out, there are three variants of the Blue Roses valk:

"002" - VF-1S, dark blue with yellow trim

"004" - VF-1J, grey/blue camo

"006" - VF-1J, desert camo

I've designed sets for all three in 1/48 scale. As per our conversation over PM, when you decide which version you want to do, let me know and I'll get the set printed as soon as possible. Chris, please let me know if you still want me to make the three BR customs for you (and Enigma?), as we discussed. I need to set aside the proper amount of time and I have a few custom projects from Min lined up already starting in January....

Graham: The Blue Roses badging is inconsistent across various features in Model Graphix. In some the rose is red, in others it is blue, but the name of the squadron is always Blue Roses. In all the sets I have designed, I made the choice to consistently color the rose blue and give the stem a realistic color (green) rather than that awful bright red seen in the original version.

"Blue Roses" is not a squadron seen in any Macross TV episode or DYRL. It is the recent product of Japanese modelers and is purely fictional. Hobby magazines like Model Graphix are filled with customs like these, though. Many of them are very imaginative, like the Minmay Guard, but are certainly not "canon."

Edited by Anasazi37

Hello Jung,

I hope you are doing well, and it is good to see you back! ;)

I fondly remember buying some awesome customs from you, and they were quite an investment, especially considering how much one of your pristine 1/55 customs sold for. Oh, those were the days, back when it was cool to locate a decent Jetfire or Joons on Ebay.

Blue Roses Scheme is my favorite, and I have had some projects in mind, and completed for quite a while, so I'm looking forward to seeing yours.

Here is a picture of the original 1/48 VF-1S Blue Roses Valkyrie:

post-22-1063908574.jpg

I commissioned Devin quite a while back to make the first Blue Roses decals, and we also talked about the elusive "brown" camouflage scheme. Here is the only picture I have been able to find, but in the past I swear I saw more at a Japanese Macross Valkyrie modeling website. Can't find it again though. Here it is:

no02v-mg-page5.jpg

Good luck! Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Hello Christopher,

Hope things are well with you and your family. That is a beautiful 1/48 ultimate blue roses you have there! I also saw the pics at the mwcon 03 thread, that is also an incredible diorama!

the blue and desert camo makes a great pair, don't they? I might attempt those. Any pics of them without armour? If not I'll just have to improvise. The 3 tone digital camo is gonna be quite a bit of work, I don't think they sell hexagonal masking stickers, so I'll probalby have to cut my own out :blink:

Jung,

I'm sure that there are more pictures of the Blue Roses custom, to include the blue and tan hexagonal color scheme, but locating them has proven to be difficult.

Perhaps if someone were to translate the article it would reveal the name of the creator, and then you would have a place to start. As it stands, all of my"Blue Roses" internet searches have not turned up anymore pictures.

Regarding the hexagonal pattern. I personally commissioned MW member "Flyboy" to make a custom 1/55 VF-1S Blue Roses Strike, and he painted it in the blue hexagonal pattern. It was a lot of work, and he used different shades of blue to create the camouflage effect.

Needless to say, he had to create his own "mask" for the pattern and carefully spay each shape. The end result more than justified the work involved, and it ended up being the most elaborate paint scheme I have ever seen, and I've owned a lot of customs.

Yes, the Blue and Tan versions look wonderful together, and as soon as I saw the picture of them together, I knew that I wanted to own a set for myself. Initially I planned for them to be in 1/55 scale, but now that the 1/48 is available I think that they will compliment each other perfectly.

My family is doing well, and I'm thankful to have a wonderful wife who puts up with my Macross custom addiction and job transfers. ;)

(I'll send you a PM shortly Devin.)

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Edited by ChristopherB