VF-1S Roy all improved now?

Skull Hunter

Hey guys. Can anyone tell me if there are any more original 1/48 VF-1S fockers floating around? I want to know if there was any difference in the new batch compared to the original production run. I was thinking of getting the newer version, but wanted to know if they have improvements, and if so what are they. Thanks.

Edited by Skull Hunter

Hey guys. Can anyone tell me if there are any more original 1/48 VF-1S fockers floating around? I want to know if there was any difference in the new batch compared to the original production run. I was thinking of getting the newer version, but wanted to know if they have improvements, and if so what are they. Thanks.

same improvments as lowviz

Thanks. I wanted to get one from BigBadToyStore, but he doesn't know if the new shipment he got this month is the second edition. Anyone have any thoughts or got one from there recently?

Well, the original release made it's run. If BBTS got any of the originals in a recent shipment, somebody somewhere would've had to have been sittin' on some inventory for months for no good reason, and that's not likely. An easy way to tell which is which just by looking at the boxes is that the new releases don't have the little velcro tabs on them.

Well, I emailed him and he did say that it was a recent shipment of a month or so from Japan. But he doesn't know if its the reissue or not. Could he still have some of the original?

Could be that someone in Japan is sitting on some inventory. I dunno why they would do it unless the plan was to pass off the old one as the reissue if it was not selling well due to the flaws.

Careful with the hips. They were so tight on the one I recieved that it caused a small fracture when I tried swiveling it around to transform it in to batroid. I was able to loosen things up, so now things are fine, however that small fracture has me terrifed to touch the hip joint.

Edited by GobotFool

Yeah that's been a concern of mine in getting a Roy these days. I don't wanna get stuck with an original issue... but the headrest thing should give it away.

I'm much more likely to get a Hikaru-1S anyways. :) Still vainly wish they'd resculpt the head in front/back halves but that ain't gonna happen.

any difference between 1st release and re-release outside the package? how can I tell this is a new one or not? I never got a 1/48 till now.

Edited by newca

the reissue is supposed not to have velcro on the top to hold the stuff in closed position

it's been told 100s of times. ;) and TWIN MOONS forum's admin (i presume a guy working at the shop also confirmed it)

Note : the VF-1J+FP has velcro while the VF-1J without FP hasn't got velcro.

http://www.tmpanime.com then click on forum and "robotech and macross"

FP = fast pack

I have included two pictures of some of the problems with the first issue. The first picture has the "pimple" on the face. I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but mine also have a John Travolta cleft chin thing going on too.

And the second picture is of the skull insignia on the wing flaps. They are not aligned properly and are very close to the edge. If I knew that there was a reissue coming, I would've waited.

post-4-1071727900_thumb.jpg

I have included two pictures of some of the problems with the first issue. The first picture has the "pimple" on the face. I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but mine also have a John Travolta cleft chin thing going on too.

And the second picture is of the skull insignia on the wing flaps. They are not aligned properly and are very close to the edge. If I knew that there was a reissue coming, I would've waited.

I exactly have the same problem with my VF-IS <_<

the pics makes it clear, thanks for posting them.  I wonder why they made that curve on the seat, I didn't have any problems fitting the pilot on my old hikaru vf1a.  Personally I think that curve is too deep and quite ugly... :p

I didn't have any problem with it either, but I guess it has to do with the TV pilots' helmets compared to the DYRL? helmets. I haven't opened my VF-1J yet (haven't had time and I'm waiting on Takatoys' stickers) so I'm not sure if that's the case.

Edited by Draykov

Did they fix the wings on the second release. My VF-1S has a really messed up "001", it's oversize and appears to be a little blurry. Also the border around the kite on the other wing is way too thick compared to my VF-1A Hikaru.

i got rid of my original vf-1s, but the kite is the same on my new 1s and 1j.

here's a pic of the reissue 1S wings

post-4-1072043765_thumb.jpg

Hello,

The 1/48 VF-1J FP set that I received DID have velcro holding the flap down...so I dont know why it is not supposed to on some and not on others...that seems kinda strange.

Larry

VF-1J+FP ALWAYS has velcro.

VF-1J alone NEVER has velcro.

[EDITED]

Some small problems on my reissued VF-1S Roy :

- the back pack is really tight. Really hard to attach it with the latch and I KNOW that the hinge is fragile :unsure:

- the kite logo isnt perfectly painted. Some of the wings back lines went on the kite emblem.

- a part of the leg isn't painted (the piece that permits to attach the arms)

- the air brake will have to be glued :) (as for the VF-1J)

If you want pictures of the reissue on a special part of the toy feel free to ask.

Edited by Göönk