Got my 1/48 Burglarydog from HLJ and wow wow wow, this thing is fantastic! Sure, it's itty bitty, but I really like small toys, especially when they're done with a superbly high level of QC and detail like this AG 'dog. It was a blast to attach all of the little pieces onto the main Dog, even though they're so small I could swallow the works in one gulp.

The articulation is really great on this little guy, and I found myself having more fun posing it than I do with the 1/18 and 1/12. The joints are all very solid and tight, no floppyness or even slight looseness anywhere. Also, the metal feet allow it to do a killer leaning back pose. I'm really impressed with this toy on pretty much every level. Even the box is cool with it's magnetic flap.

The one and only problem was entirely my fault. Instead of cutting the pieces from the sprues I was just twisting them because they are so small. In my impatient removal procedure I twisted the ball joint right off of the left open hand. Oh well, at least it wasn't the only left hand in the box.

Seeing this thing next to a 1/48 valk really makes the Dog seem small. Wish I had more time to take photos.

Totally! Just put together my 1/48 Burglarydog as well. It is very awesome. No QC issue, other than a couple parts not pre-cut as nice as it should. Though I do found the new gun structure not as solid as the older AG. Love the new way the weapons are mounted. Stay in place nicely. Can't imagine if Takara will end up making it in 1/18 scale.

Its still heck of pricey, but it feels good owning this little gem. Now, not sure if I should keep this clean or add weathering to it like my other Sunsa ones.

They're a little glossy, but not really any more shiny than any other painted die-cast toys. They're just catching the flash really well in those crappy pics. To tell you the truth I didn't even notice their gloss until I looked at these pics.

The diecast feet are a bit shiny. Does stick out a little bit. But I doubted I'll use those feet much since the Burglary dog is what I am gonna display for the most part.

Just got done weathering my Chirico Red Shoulder Turbo. With my Reeman Squad and the 2 Ground Fattys all weathered, they look mighty sweet together at the corner of my work desk. :D Still couldn't decide if I should weather the Burglary dog or not. On one hand, its expensive and higher end, so would be good to keep it new looking. But on the other hand, these little 1/48 does look better with some paint. Tough choice.

Edited by mpchi

If nothing else, I'd give it a dark panel line wash... you don't need to dirty it up if you don't want to, but making the details 'pop' that much more really helps on these little guys, esp. on this new higher end one with more detail to share.

If nothing else, I'd give it a dark panel line wash... you don't need to dirty it up if you don't want to, but making the details 'pop' that much more really helps on these little guys, esp. on this new higher end one with more detail to share.

Yeah, I was thinking along that direction, more on the panel lines and details but less on the dirt and mud. Think I might do that.

Really? I didn't know the Hybrid Prime was 1/48 scale.

I don't think he is 1/48. I just meant him and the 1/48 'Dog are of a similar size so they look good fighting each other. 'Scale' was probably the wrong word. :lol:

If I had to guess I would say Hybrid Prime is closer to 1/100.

I'll be getting that game if its playable without Japanese language knowledge. I've got the Votoms PSone games and they were alright, kind of like armored core, but the Japanese was an obstacle for me in some parts the the games.

The new August issues of Dengeki Hobby & Hobby Japan magazines (just out), have some painted pics of DMZ #05 the Scopedog Turbo Custom.

It's confirmed that DMZ #05 will come with 3 hand weapons, these being the standard GAT-22 Rifle, the Solid Shooter Bazooka and the 4-barrelled rocket gun.

I'll post a scan tomorrow.

If you are a Votoms fan, the August hobby mags are great as they have about 30 pages of Votoms coverage.

Graham

Not sure about the hands on DMZ #05. Although if I was a gambling man, I'd wager they will come with both articulated and fixed-pose hands like DMZ # 03.

I've gone off the new style articulated hands myself. While the concept is good in theory, I've found that the individual fingers have an annoying habit of falling off. I've already lost one.

The combination of ABS fingers attached to a soft PVC palm doesn't really work as well as if both parts were ABS.

I've gone back to using the fixed posed hands and just glue the fingers on.

Graham

That's a little dissapointing to hear, wonder why they couldn't just copy the style of hands on their masterpiece optimus prime.

Though Masterpiece Prime can't really hold his gun very well either. :p I bet Takara could make it better if they wanted to. They sure made a lot of the tiny parts in the 1/48 Burglary dog fitting just fine. Its just the matter if they think its worthwhile to yet do another redsign on the 1/18 hands.

Looks like I'll have to pick up this particular issue of Dengeki Hobby. Always love to read good coverage on Votoms. The last one was something like the April issue with also a pretty decent number of pages.

Takara should do both articulated and weapon hands. Articulated hands are fun, but not to be displayed with weapons.

I've just converted my AG-Next scope dog into Burglary dog. Now this is the dog I like!

I haven't gotten any larger size (1/20, 1/18 or 1/12) ATs yet. I am waiting to see which company releases one with most options. 1/18 Turbo Custom is the better one so far.

Looks like I'll have to pick up this particular issue of Dengeki Hobby. Always love to read good coverage on Votoms. The last one was something like the April issue with also a pretty decent number of pages.

Although both Hobby Japan & Dengeki Hobby have good Votoms coveage this month and both have Votoms covers as well, the Hobby Japan has the longer and better Votoms coverage IMO.

Graham

Hmm... I wonder if that means the Votoms anime is coming out very very soon. If its good, I guess I'll buy the region 2 DVDs. Hope the price is not too bad.

I think all these have to do with the new Pailsen Files show.

No news yet on their website, but it should air "this summer".

I can't wait. Meanwhile, I have to get back into the orignal TV shows...

Edited by konimon

coolness.. thanks graham for the pics.. dmz-04 includes another chirico fig... well dmz01 will go to vanilla... :)

its seems that the turbo custom has light weatherin just like dmz03.. i hope they would put some decals on it too....

weapons... wow.. scopedogs really look good with all the weapons it can carry...

Edited by Auto Pilot Off

Pic of painted DMZ #05 (may not be final colors) with the two extra hand weapons.

Graham

Thanks Graham. Hope you didn't have to tear that page out just for the scanning. Ouch!

Turbo custom looks good, even though the legs feel a bit heavy (due to Takara's wider feet & leg proportion). Now to think of it, not sure if I want this one heavily weathered, since DMZ 01 & 04 already have that. May not be a bad idea to have a cleaner dog. Though still like it to have painted decals for sure. Based on the OVA, this version of Turbo Custom is a new complete rebuild unit(s) from scrap parts. So its possible for Takara to give it a fresh paint treatment, just like DMZ-03. Really looking forward to these. :D

Some comparison pics I found at Toysdaily. Just a couple more days before this awesome dog shows up at my doorsteps. :D

745729013_df5a28008e.jpg745729027_68cee09d88.jpg

745729073_f280aa84bd.jpg

745729103_a0a71d24f4.jpg

745729119_79082b74f4.jpg

The claw looks a lot more robust, lovely diecast goodness. Hope the real toy is as purple as the pics shown. Looks better purple than blue.