Any VF-0a heads out there?

Gakken85

I need to fix the head laser as it was broken off by the previous owner.

Anyway, I thought it might be easier to just replace the head.

Let me know if you have one.

Thanks.

Edited by Gakken85

Your best bet if you can't find a replacement might be to just cut the laser down to the base, and replace it with something new.

You could cut down the rest of what's left on the head, and drill into it with a pin-drill, then add something like a needle into the hole to act as a brace. Then you can just add a new laser onto that, maybe made from scrap plastic, or even metal.

Or, you might be able to drill out the existing pieces, and just glue them together with a pin between. Might work pretty simply.

Your best bet if you can't find a replacement might be to just cut the laser down to the base, and replace it with something new.

You could cut down the rest of what's left on the head, and drill into it with a pin-drill, then add something like a needle into the hole to act as a brace. Then you can just add a new laser onto that, maybe made from scrap plastic, or even metal.

Or, you might be able to drill out the existing pieces, and just glue them together with a pin between. Might work pretty simply.

Yeah seems too complicated for me.

Edited by Gakken85

• 4 weeks later...

Well, long and short of it is - if it's not Macross or Transformers, there is very little chance I will make it.

I made this antennae for you, which would only need coat of paint, and you didn't buy it. No big deal, because it can benefit other people and it took less than half an hour to make and export.

So why should I invest hours into making such a super-specific piece (from only photos) that may be relatively complicated to get a perfect fit (of which you didn't offer any sort of commission, unless i missed that) and not only is there a good chance that no one but you will buy it (its for an anime mech I'm not familar with)- and even then there is no guarantee you will purchase it either?

Sorry, I had no idea you made it for me. Looks like you sold some to some other people already so I don't feel it should be a point of contention.

I thought you just had a store where people go go and buy things you've already made. I had NO idea you made it specifically for me and expected payment. No offense, but I didn't even understand your first comment in this thread, as you can see. It Looks like you said you have (as in already have) made one up.

I know you mocked up some missiles for the VF-25 CF on the fly, so I figured you took requests. If you don't, and it is a considerable time and money investment I do apologize.

If you're really upset about it I'll buy the piece off you. It's not a big deal to me either way.

Cheers.

Edited by Gakken85

Hell.. I don't even know what the difference is between Frosted and unfrosted. Is that cake? :blink:

I'm not a painter or a mod guy, so it's not something I feel comfortable sinking time and effort into. I hope you understand

Edited by Gakken85

No offence intended and no apologies needed, dude.

You weren't in any sort of contract to buy it!

What I'm saying is that if it's Macross or transformers related, and I also wouldn't mind having that piece: good chance of making it.

If I'm not interested in having it, but there is enough interest - good chance of making it.

If I'm not interested in making it or owning it, but there is enough interest - I will strongly consider it and factor in my time and effort onto the final cost.

Someone wants some thing from another anime or whatever, then I'll make it if you offer a fair trade or a decent monetary incentive.

Think about this - you walk into a regular cake shop that make normal, run of the mill cakes in 5 different flavors. You walk in and ask for a custom cake that they don't make and offer to pay the same amount as one of their regular cakes - or worse say 'no thanks' after they've made it.

Ha, sick with WSF+polished for maximum strength.

Frosted ultra detail and frosted detail are good as their surface is very smooth and detail sharp - but they don't have a good amountof strength.

Strong white and flexible has a rougher surface, but it's sandable - it's real value is its structural strength. Good for head lasers :D