Its Official!

dapro

I have the focker dyrl and vf-1j (arriving soon I hope). I will let you know which one I like when i have them. Right now leaning towards, focker...

Edited by dapro

Get the one that you really like, plutoniumhunter. Personally, I'd get all 3. But if money is an issue, go with the one that you have the best memory of, and with the most value for money. Personally, I like DYRL A LOT (1 of my all time fav anime), so I got both Roy and Hikaru's VF-1S (and picked up 2 strike/super packs while I was at it).

Get the one that you really like, plutoniumhunter. Personally, I'd get all 3. But if money is an issue, go with the one that you have the best memory of, and with the most value for money. Personally, I like DYRL A LOT (1 of my all time fav anime), so I got both Roy and Hikaru's VF-1S (and picked up 2 strike/super packs while I was at it).

Personally, I would say VF-1S Roy TV first, but at about $180 w/option parts being the cheapest I can find, the others (VF-1J, VF-1S DYRL, VF-1S TV w/o OP) are normally about $30-$40 cheaper, hence the deliberation and dilemma - budget is a slight issue at the moment, and I think $180 is a tad overpriced? However, they're probably gonna vanish soon... Oh well. I should like flip a coin or something or wait for dapro's thoughts...

Personally, I would say VF-1S Roy TV first, but at about $180 w/option parts being the cheapest I can find, the others (VF-1J, VF-1S DYRL, VF-1S TV w/o OP) are normally about $30-$40 cheaper, hence the deliberation and dilemma - budget is a slight issue at the moment, and I think $180 is a tad overpriced? However, they're probably gonna vanish soon... Oh well. I should like flip a coin or something or wait for dapro's thoughts...

Just get the regular releases and get your option parts from various members' shapeway stores. They are great quality and you can paint them if you want to. Also, the unbuilt kits are cheap right now. They come with gray option parts as well. Plus, you get a kit to built for fun!

Just get the regular releases and get your option parts from various members' shapeway stores. They are great quality and you can paint them if you want to. Also, the unbuilt kits are cheap right now. They come with gray option parts as well. Plus, you get a kit to built for fun!

Lol personally, I really suck at building... All my gundam kits are just assembled and displayed - no panel-lining/topcoat/weathering/whatever, all previous attempts have been disastrous. That sounds like a plan actually :D I thought they only had shapeways for the shoulder hinge and stuff?

Lol personally, I really suck at building... All my gundam kits are just assembled and displayed - no panel-lining/topcoat/weathering/whatever, all previous attempts have been disastrous. That sounds like a plan actually :D I thought they only had shapeways for the shoulder hinge and stuff?

I meant to say shapeways and original recast stores. I know EXO has some option parts but I forgot if they are through shapeways or not. High quality stuff though.

Not that I don't like the TV version, but there's always this little sense of fear I have that the pure white TV version would yellow much faster (or at least more obviously) as compaared to the DYRL's off-white ones. Off course, that's just my paranoia speaking (he says this while trying to order a VF-1J with fast pack).

I would agree that 180 is a tad pricey though, considering the other VF-1 options aren't that expensive.

I meant to say shapeways and original recast stores. I know EXO has some option parts but I forgot if they are through shapeways or not. High quality stuff though.

now that we may not even get a proper stand, I'm seriously reconsidering the gundam adapters.... are they good? How do they work and hold up? And what kind of poses can I pull off? Thinking of getting some for my VF-1s and YF/VF-19s.

Not that I don't like the TV version, but there's always this little sense of fear I have that the pure white TV version would yellow much faster (or at least more obviously) as compaared to the DYRL's off-white ones. Off course, that's just my paranoia speaking (he says this while trying to order a VF-1J with fast pack).

I would agree that 180 is a tad pricey though, considering the other VF-1 options aren't that expensive.

now that we may not even get a proper stand, I'm seriously reconsidering the gundam adapters.... are they good? How do they work and hold up? And what kind of poses can I pull off? Thinking of getting some for my VF-1s and YF/VF-19s.

Not sure as I haven't purchased any gundam stand adapters. I think there is a thread for that somewhere. I just purchased my first gundam stand yesterday so I will be making an order shortly :rolleyes:

I'm not too worried - I'm not gonna display them for now, and when I do get back, my room is VERY shady, the windows are horrible at letting light in, and the display cabinet is naturally dark and shady as well. For some reason I'm not a fan of off-white schemes, for example I'm a big fan of the Avro Vulcan white scheme - just kind of a thing I have I guess. SDFM speaks to me more than DYRL too.

I bought the VF-1S TV Roy off HKC, :D Will most likely just use the grey option parts or just buy the white ones off you guys :p

Edited by plutoniumhunter

awwww I am starting to wonder I will ever see the vf-1j. The post office guy needs my signature for delivery and won't give it to my room mate who opened the door. So, I will have to pick it up at the post office tomorrow. Arghh

But I did received these today though! :D

vf-1s1.jpgssp.jpg

The recent frenzy buys really cleared out all Yamato valks, even the previously unloved VF-1A Kakizaki variants are moving off the shelfs!

And those recent re-issue 30th Anniversary version, well used to be around $110, now shops have hiked them up to $150-160 depending on type. I wanted to pick up another VF-1S Hikaru, now that might just have to wait!

Finally picked up the vf-1j. Overall, it is in decent shape but noticed it has a crack shoulder hinge. I guess I need to look for that thread on how to fix the shoulder hinge. Taking the back landing gears out were a major pain. Sorry for the crappy pictures with droid phone.

vf1j.jpgIMAG0220.jpgIMAG0224.jpgIMAG0222.jpg

Edited by dapro

Finally picked up the vf-1j. Overall, it is in decent shape but noticed it has a crack shoulder hinge. Taking the back landing gears out were a major pain. Sorry for the crappy pictures with droid phone.

Where did you buy it from? Looks like it has the rainbow canopy? I got mine from a seller on Ebay, and it has the newer clear canopy. If I didn't just buy a used one with the rainbow canopy off Ebay, I would have traded you with your cracked hinge and all.

Edited by vt102

Where did you buy it from? Looks like it has the rainbow canopy? I got mine from a seller on Ebay, and it has the newer clear canopy. If I didn't just buy a used one with the rainbow canopy off Ebay, I would have traded you with your cracked hinge and all.

I got it off mandarake. It does have the rainbow canopy.

1J looks clean man. I may have to give up my search for the 30th Anniversary and settle for that model. I think I can live without the option parts

I bought the optional parts separately. BTW, they are hiking up the price on the vf-1j right now. It was selling on ebay for 138$ shipped and now its listed at 179$ shipped. I wonder is it because it is getting sold out everywhere.

Edited by dapro

where did you get them? yea I had it in my ebay cart and was about to buy it (from estertool) when the message popped up saying it was no longer available at that price. I was pretty annoyed

Edited by plastik

I got it off mandarake. It does have the rainbow canopy.

Oh.... new or used?

I bought the optional parts separately. BTW, they are hiking up the price on the vf-1j right now. It was selling on ebay for 138$ shipped and now its listed at 179$ shipped. I wonder is it because it is getting sold out everywhere.

Luckily I got mine when I did. It was for the $138 shipped.

where did you get them? yea I had it in my ebay cart and was about to buy it (from estertool) when the message popped up saying it was no longer available at that price. I was pretty annoyed

Bummer. That is the seller I got mine from. And they were the cheapest at the time.