Latest stickers from Takatoys...

Draykov

My VF-1J feels naked.  Any news on the latest 1/48 stickers from Takatoys?

I heard from Erick that they are almost done. :D

-K

Cool! Thanks, Kev.

This is how the new vf-1 A/S/J sticker sheet will look:

148stickvf1asj.jpg

It will be in production tomorrow and will be ready in 10 days aprox.

Hey taka, awesome work. I'm getting my first 1/48 (VF-1S Hikaru) for Christmas and I plan to order some of your stickers. I am also planning to get a VF-1J w/FP soon after.

Just one question: where's the big kite symbol for the VF-1J FAST packs?

Why, with the FAST pack armor stickers, of course. Great work, Erick!

taka48armor.jpg

Actually, I think the idea of the louver stickers is to allow you to keep the engine covers off in battroid mode and still see those classic grey intakes.

My understanding is that the stickers for the intakes are intended to simulate what the intake covers look like when folded up and lying against the top of the intake as they do when in fighter/gerwalk mode.

I think they are provided so that you don't have to touch your Yamato stickers at all. Which, of course, is a good idea. You don't want to have to mix and match. . . and you can keep your Yamato ones mint.

Best Regards,

H

I'd like to know how the rest of you managed to get the cockpit instrument panel stickers on. Those things would end up being incredibly thin and prone to tearing after cutting them out. Toothpicks? Tweezers? Did you disassemble the fuselage?

I haven't done my instrument panel yet.

I'd like to know how the rest of you managed to get the cockpit instrument panel stickers on. Those things would end up being incredibly thin and prone to tearing after cutting them out. Toothpicks? Tweezers? Did you disassemble the fuselage?

I haven't done my instrument panel yet.

i used Devin's stickers on my Low Vis, and when i did the instrument panels, i used an X-acto blade to cut it out, and some tweezers to apply. no disassembly.

how do you buy these gorgeous TAKATOY stickers? I don't really like the yamatos. They seem too large and too thick.

Also, I was stupid, instead of leaving the original stickers in the mint conditions, I simply applied them. Ah sorry, I'm a newbie.

So, where to buy the TAKATOYS? The guy doesnt even have a link to his website! ;)

This is how the new vf-1 A/S/J sticker sheet will look:

148stickvf1asj.jpg

It will be in production tomorrow and will be ready in 10 days aprox.

Hey taka, awesome work. I'm getting my first 1/48 (VF-1S Hikaru) for Christmas and I plan to order some of your stickers. I am also planning to get a VF-1J w/FP soon after.

(Now, are these stickers, or decals?) EDIT IN: Never mind... :rolleyes: And do the intake cover ones actually fit inside the wells unlike the Yamato stickers?

Either way, I'd love to get myself a set at some point. I like the alternate cockpit graphics choices.

Edited by Pat Payne

They are stickers. They are not pre-cut. You need to cut them with a sharp hobby knife.

I had to trim the intake stickers slightly. But it was no big deal. Though, this is a newer release of these stickers, so maybe he resized them (no need to though).

I reviewed an earlier edition here.

Edited by Hurin

• 3 weeks later...