Just now, Negotiator said:

Man I need I good jazz. What is that one?

Maketoys Downbeat.  That looks like the original version, which has been sold out for awhile now.

Lucky for you, Maketoys is releasing a "Downbeat Premium" with more paint and some extra decals.  Looks like preorders are still available at TFSource and The Chosen Prime.

2 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

Does anyone know of anywhere actively selling the Neoart Eva Leonidas? Was looking for one for alt. mode and I think the ship may have sailed?

I found one Chinese ebay seller, but they're asking $179 and they only have 368 reviews (98% positive).  Your call, though.

27 minutes ago, mikeszekely said:

I found one Chinese ebay seller, but they're asking $179 and they only have 368 reviews (98% positive).  Your call, though.

Of course it's my call, LMAO but nah that's almost double the MSRP IIRC. Appreciate it, though.

------------------

I really wish production numbers were a bit more transparent on stuff like this just for the sake of pure inquisitiveness because it really feels like this pieces was revealed, released, and GONE inn such short order. And it's crazy because it's rare for an item so relatively young to be so scarce for listings, even.

5-134.png?ssl=1

That mold's pretty sharp in black. I dig the Metal Slug inspired alt mode. Don't own a copy, but I still think it's cool. The glowy eye effect looks pretty sweet.:good:

Yea, kinda amazing how some of these third party toys appreciate; you expect it from official products, especially the rare or just high quality ones, but it's interesting that many of the 3P toys enjoy some serious appreciation after they're out of production. When this was first out, it was merely on the periphery of my awareness, as I have no connection with IDW outside of the official stuff that's been done in the mainline. I'm kinda regretting that a little with this figure. He's pretty cool. MMC make some neat stuff- the bulk of my 3P MP figs are MMC figs.

Speaking of which, I hope they still plan on releasing their RMX Autobot cassettes. Waiting patiently. Because I have to.:(

1 hour ago, Convectuoso said:

Looks like it's a Mech Fans Toys KO of Magic Square's Stereo Master.  I have the original Magic Square one, and I reviewed it here.  I don't know if Mech Fans Toys changed it at all.

Edited by mikeszekely

3 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Thanks, @mikeszekely

How tall is it? Couldn't find that in your review

I don't usually give a number; all I have to measure with is a very large measuring tape, and numbers are kind of abstract to me.  Instead I show the figure with some other figures to give a size comparison (in that review I showed him with Unique Toys' Sound Mixer, which is basically Voyager-sized, and KFC's Transistor, which is about the same size as MP Soundwave).  If it helps, though, I measured him for you (if a bit imprecisely) and found he's about 3.75 inches/9.5cm.  That being said, I don't know if MFT changed the original Magic Square design at all; I think MFT KO'ed their Ultra Magnus and made it bigger so I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same for Blaster.

Hope that helps.

2 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

I don't usually give a number; all I have to measure with is a very large measuring tape, and numbers are kind of abstract to me.  Instead I show the figure with some other figures to give a size comparison (in that review I showed him with Unique Toys' Sound Mixer, which is basically Voyager-sized, and KFC's Transistor, which is about the same size as MP Soundwave).  If it helps, though, I measured him for you (if a bit imprecisely) and found he's about 3.75 inches/9.5cm.  That being said, I don't know if MFT changed the original Magic Square design at all; I think MFT KO'ed their Ultra Magnus and made it bigger so I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same for Blaster.

Hope that helps.

That helps. Thanks a lot

Does anyone know if MakeToys will re- release their seekers? I’d like to grab Meteor (Starscream). I have their Skywarp and was playing with it last night and made want to get at least one other. I did just buy the on available Conehead and I see the other 2 are coming, but the original seekers are hard to find now. Does MakeToys ever reissue their toys?

Chris

1 hour ago, Dobber said:

Does anyone know if MakeToys will re- release their seekers? I’d like to grab Meteor (Starscream). I have their Skywarp and was playing with it last night and made want to get at least one other. I did just buy the on available Conehead and I see the other 2 are coming, but the original seekers are hard to find now. Does MakeToys ever reissue their toys?

Chris

Same boat, here. I bought Skycrow (Skywarp's my favorite paint scheme) just to see how I liked the thing in hand, and b/c I was being cautiously optimistic for a V2 MP Seeker to be revealed. Since the latter hasn't happened, and who knows when or if it will, the Maketoys  Seeker is a pretty nice mold to fill the void. I also have their version of Thrust PO'd. He's always been my favorite of the Conehead Seeker designs, and as a bonus, he comes with wing fillers for Skycrow.  With all the hardship wrought by the pandemic, I hope Maketoys is able to recover.  

2 hours ago, M'Kyuun said:

Same boat, here. I bought Skycrow (Skywarp's my favorite paint scheme) just to see how I liked the thing in hand, and b/c I was being cautiously optimistic for a V2 MP Seeker to be revealed. Since the latter hasn't happened, and who knows when or if it will, the Maketoys  Seeker is a pretty nice mold to fill the void. I also have their version of Thrust PO'd. He's always been my favorite of the Conehead Seeker designs, and as a bonus, he comes with wing fillers for Skycrow.  With all the hardship wrought by the pandemic, I hope Maketoys is able to recover.  

Same...though I do find transforming the nose cone portion very frustrating as that “c” clip always lets go because the head is so frigging difficult to get not place for fighter mode.

Chris

Damn I hadn't looked, those MakeToys seekers really blew up in price, I'm glad I got on them when I did, best MP Seekers on the market, and I can't see myself ever replacing them with anything else. I got the wing fillers for free too, kind of, I had to pay for shipping but not the pieces themselves, MakeToys hooked me up. Not to gloat, but I managed to get these guys for $110 each, killer figures for the price. I see everyone going crazy over the NewAge seekers, and they look good, but $50 for a legends figure? That's insane, nearly half of what I paid for an MP. 

4 minutes ago, Dobber said:

So no info if Maketoys has a history of rereleasing toys?

Chris

I can't recall that Maketoys reissued any of their Re:Master figures prior to Downbeat, but I also am not certain that Maketoys' Re:Master stuff sold out super quickly aside from Downbeat and the Seekers.  Many of them, including their Megatron and their Reflector, actually had some pretty hefty markdowns.

That said, if Maketoys needs cash to finance other figures reissuing the Seekers while the demand is still high would be a no-brainer.

16 minutes ago, Dobber said:

So no info if Maketoys has a history of rereleasing toys?

Chris

MakeToys rereleased their MP Jazz, Downbeat, so they definitely do rerelease some popular stuff. No word on the seekers though, and I know most fans are holding their breath hoping MakeToys is still a thing after this pandemic, they were already pretty silent before all of this. As Mike mentioned above, you can hope that if they need money, the seekers and their Jazz would be no brainers as far rereleases go. 

I think one conehead got released, now people are waiting and hoping the others will get released as well. The interest is there, and like you there are many fans hoping for seeker rereleases, so they have to know there's plenty of interest there too.