The Centurions

areaseven

"Power X-Treme!"

Warner Bros. Home Video will be releasing the first five episodes of The Centurions on DVD on December 6, exclusively through WBshop.com. The Centurions was produced in 1985 by Ruby-Spears Productions and animated by Sunrise, with Jack Kirby (1917-1994) (almost every landmark Marvel Comics title ever made) and Gil Kane (1926-2000) (Green Lantern, Iron Fist) contributing to the show's designs and concepts. The series ran for a total of 65 episodes before ending in 1986.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVnin8JaUbs

The Centurions: The Original Miniseries

Edited by areaseven

i was too young to have caught the show on T.V.

but my mother did pick me up figures of two of the three principles

( guy with blue/silver armor, guy with green/black armor, complete with helmets/backpacks/accessories )

at a flea market sometime back around the late 80's to early 90's.

i still have them to this day, though i had somehow managed to break one of the green/black armor guy's legs off at the hip way back when,

and have since super glued it back in place...

Centurions, a major milestone in my childhood ^ ^

I saved it fondly in memory.

What would be a technological Saint Seiya (because of the waythe arms are plugged to users - as in the arc of New Atlantis,where Jake used the equipment for amphibious Max).

Well you could roll a remake, but made ​​by Mike Young Productions, responsible for the remake of He-man in 2002.

Edited by Old_Nash

What will it take to get some Visionaries love? That was the 80s 'toon version of Firefly, gone long before its time :(:angry:

This was one of my favorites as well! Here's hoping that it will also be released on DVD someday, Knights of the Magical light and all :D !

Edited by connor99

Visionaries... I had every one of those figures at one point. Lost the figures somewhere along the line, but still have the accessories. I kinda wish it was vice versa.

have a look at this. perhaps this might be just the thing to give you a truly very merry Christmas indeed;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-complete-set-Visionaries-/190610089016?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c613f2438

Man, I love Visionaries. Not so much because I ever owned them, but because it reminds me of a simpler time, when a hologram was a LINE-SELLING FEATURE. Now they're so boring no one uses them for anything but anti-copying measures.

tell me about it.

it's rather interesting, is it not? things were so much simpler back then, yet there were SO MANY unique and imaginative concepts abound.

indeed, the 1980's alone was bursting at the seams with them, the world over. SDF/DYRL era MACROSS itself is an ideal standard bearing example of this.

SO much raw creative talent and energy...

Edited by Shaorin