Yamato 1:60 vf-1j hikaru with super pats vs. Vf-1s hikaru with super s

ALEXD

Combining shipping is a way to save YOU money, they only save some time and handling.

I know. Which is why I tell them to send item as soon as stock is available. By telling them to send the single item out, they know not to wait until they are sure you will not add an extra thing to the shopping cart.

(which is what they do by default)

If you say to "send the item out immediately by itself" and "do not combine shipping", you won't wait as long. Some people complain they take their time. The delays and slow speed is fine by me since I am in no real hurry to get things quickly. (in fact I use SAL shipping whenever I can)

Apart from that they are reliable. You just got to have good communication.

You are gonna love that valk. Just be very careful when transforming the shoulders for the first time. Takes a while to losen up. Now you need to get a VF-1J and then get the armour for it. Coolest fracking Macross item I've bought since the DX Chogokin Monster. Just sheer awesomeness.

EDIT: I'm sure people already know by now according to Anymoon.com, but I can indeed confirm the clear canopy and new changes to the VF-1J. I got mine from Amiami and it is 100% safe. No messed up arms or anything. Just perfect.

VF3.jpg

VF10.jpg

VF101.jpg

Edited by pud333

The old toynami toy? Masterpieces were beaten to a bloody pulp when the old yamato 1/48 came out before we got the 1/60 version 2 toys. I think only people who like the boxart and never open the box to display toys liked those.

The main competition to yamato 1/60 is the 1/100 bandai himetal.

-cheaper (but expensive for size)

-great looking poses

-easy to transform (except for minor part swap like the heatshield landing gears etc)

-sculpt is actually superior in some areas like the gunpod for example. (it gets skinnier towards the end unlike the yamato) Also the super pack missile door thing has a line in the middle which looks more realistic than the yamato which has no line in the middle to suggest it opens up. But these are nitpacks and the 1/60 has detail in the feet thruster area (which you split the toe/heel apart the middle has detail showing up at the centre)

overall the toy still loses for not having as much of a "perfect transformation" as a larger 1/60 yamato and no optional things like GBP armor sets for it. Also the annoyance of trying to get the web exclusives means you won't be able to get a collection of the variants as easily like with other toys.

One thing that I like about the 1/60 version 2 is the idea that you can actually pull the head turret down low in fighter mode so it can turn to the side to hit an enemy beside you. (just like max did in the DYRL fight against milia in the Qrau)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I see. And I know the old toynamis are not good but i wanted to know just how outdated they are

Here's how much I like the Toynami versions (not!)

Each of those Masterpiece Boxes are empty!!!! The only thing I kept was the shadow fighter because no one wanted to buy it loose. Everything else, I sold off as loose toys and kept the boxes.

dsc01897gi.jpg

Yamato boxes - at least the older ones, are just oversized and kinda bland. The box flap is helpful if you plan on keeping something MIB, but generally, I find the quality sort of lame. The cardboard used is really thin and in general, they just take up tons of space. I prefer the smaller bandai boxes with the styrofoam inserts, to the plastic trays Yamato uses. But that's just me.

(This isn't directed at you ALEXD, but before anyone starts, I am not trying to start a "Bandai vs Yamato" argument. It's just a stated preference.)

Edited by pud333

No, it's not an MP-10 (I'll pick one up eventually). It is the THS-02 hybrid style g1 convoy.

can't do robot mode. i have not transformed starscream, the vf-25, or the vf-0a yet and don't know where the manuals are. i could probably look it up on youtube. i rarely transform my toys. they need to just release a fighter mode version for me. i might try doing models in the future.

Frickin donkey mail took my shipment and left a notice, I just got home and the office is closed. I i schedule a redelivery, it will take 2 days to drive 5 minutes from my house so now im stuck at home not playing with my vf-1s since usps took it. I am soo angry right now

Yeah, that's the only thing about the older V2s that bothers me. It's what's keeping it from being a perfect 10 for me. I remember when I opened my first V2. Sigh. Good times. Been chasing that high ever since. :wub: Came close with the Koenig Monster and GBP armor.

No, it's not an MP-10 (I'll pick one up eventually). It is the THS-02 hybrid style g1 convoy.

can't do robot mode. i have not transformed starscream, the vf-25, or the vf-0a yet and don't know where the manuals are. i could probably look it up on youtube. i rarely transform my toys. they need to just release a fighter mode version for me. i might try doing models in the future.

Both screamer and hybrid convoy were designed by shoji kawamori, how ironic!

102 replies now ;)

Get a camera and post some pics or it didn't happen!!!

I will tomorrow I have to look for the camera