And now for an up close and personal interview with the cast of Furious 7.

I'm a big fan of this series, and I have been since the beginning, however I have to say that this latest installment bored me to tears. Now, I'm not into gonzo fight extravaganzas, and I don't care about Rhonda Rousey, UFC, Dwayne Johnson, fake-wrestling or glorific Hollywood gun battles and Michael Bay sized explosions which, unfortunately, seems to be the focus of this movie as opposed to the cars and the street racing culture/fantasy that gave birth to the franchise.

I mean where were the cars? Sure, there were the token car chases and the gimmicky off-road nonsense, but the spirit of the movie, the cars, were more like an afterthought. I found myself hoping that a score of Ricers would show up with fart cans, neon paint jobs and under-car lighting just to crash the quasi-global terrorist plot nonsense and "steer" the movie back onto the path of making a movie about.......CARS and the Fast & the Furious, instead of an Expendables rip-off replete with lame one-liners and tough guy faces galore.

Just like everyone else though, I absolutely LOVED the Mopar presence in the movie. Anyone who says Fast & the Furious is about fart cans and Ricers clearly isn't paying attention. The tribute to Paul towards the end of the movie was well done. I wish they had replicated the first Charger and Supra that Dominic and Brian faced off with in the original movie, but I get that the white Supra and the silver Charger were done to say farewell to Paul Walker; I loved how the Supra goes left and drives off into the horizon and into the beyond.

In any case, I'm glad that some of you enjoyed the movie. If anyone asks me, I'll keep with my original recommendations of which ones to watch: parts one, four and three, and in that order. IMO they had the proper mix of car action and the loose semblance of a plot/story...

I'm a big fan of this series, and I have been since the beginning, however I have to say that this latest installment bored me to tears. Now, I'm not into gonzo fight extravaganzas, and I don't care about Rhonda Rousey, UFC, Dwayne Johnson, fake-wrestling or glorific Hollywood gun battles and Michael Bay sized explosions which, unfortunately, seems to be the focus of this movie as opposed to the cars and the street racing culture/fantasy that gave birth to the franchise.

I mean where were the cars? Sure, there were the token car chases and the gimmicky off-road nonsense, but the spirit of the movie, the cars, were more like an afterthought. I found myself hoping that a score of Ricers would show up with fart cans, neon paint jobs and under-car lighting just to crash the quasi-global terrorist plot nonsense and "steer" the movie back onto the path of making a movie about.......CARS and the Fast & the Furious, instead of an Expendables rip-off replete with lame one-liners and tough guy faces galore.

Just like everyone else though, I absolutely LOVED the Mopar presence in the movie. Anyone who says Fast & the Furious is about fart cans and Ricers clearly isn't paying attention. The tribute to Paul towards the end of the movie was well done. I wish they had replicated the first Charger and Supra that Dominic and Brian faced off with in the original movie, but I get that the white Supra and the silver Charger were done to say farewell to Paul Walker; I loved how the Supra goes left and drives off into the horizon and into the beyond.

In any case, I'm glad that some of you enjoyed the movie. If anyone asks me, I'll keep with my original recommendations of which ones to watch: parts one, four and three, and in that order. IMO they had the proper mix of car action and the loose semblance of a plot/story...

I don't think the franchise will be returning to ricers anytime soon, as they're happy with American muscle, European supercars, and legitimate Japanese performance cars. And yeah, "Die Hard on wheels" may not be a perfect approach to the franchise, but you can only go so far with a movie just about cars.

As of today, here's how I rank all of them.

1. Fast Five (2011)

2. Furious 6 (2013)

3. Furious 7 (2015)

4. The Fast and the Furious (2001)

5. The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006)

6. Fast & Furious (2009)

7. 2 Fast 2 Furious (2003) - The Highlander II: The Quickening of the whole series

One of the featured cars in Furious 7 is the W Motors Lykan HyperSport, which is the first Middle Eastern supercar. It is powered by a twin turbo flat-6 that produces 750 bhp and does a top speed of 245 mph. And just to be different from every other supercar, the Lykan comes with outrageous luxury items such as diamond encrusted LED headlights, gold-stitched interior, and a special watch for owners only. Naturally, all of this comes at a price: US$3.4 million, to be precise. Only seven units of this car have been produced; someone in Abu Dhabi or Dubai might actually have his stored in a vault.

"Nothing's sadder than locking a beast in a cage." - Dominic Toretto

2013-W-Motors-Lykan-HyperSport-Static-1-

2013-W-Motors-Lykan-HyperSport-Static-2-

2013-W-Motors-Lykan-HyperSport-Static-3-

2013-W-Motors-Lykan-HyperSport-Static-4-

2013-W-Motors-Lykan-HyperSport-Exterior-

2013 W Motors Lykan HyperSport

In only its second week Furious 7 may well be the fastest film to earn close to US$1 billion at the box office worldwide.

As of 13 April 2015:

U.S. = US$252,522,000.00

International = US$548,000,000.00

Total = US$800,522,000.00

Compared to its predecessors:

Furious 6 = US$788,679,850.00

Fast Five = US$626,137,675.00

Fast & Furious = US$363,164,265.00

2 Fast 2 Furious = US$236,350,661.00

The Fast and the Furious = US$207,283,925.00

The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift = US$158,468,292.00

Furious 7 @ Box Office Mojo

Edited by areaseven

Are we approaching the limits of insanity/stupidity with ground cars? And where will they test the 0-248 time? I doubt VW will let them rent that 6 mile straightaway where James May maxed the Veyron...

Are we approaching the limits of insanity/stupidity with ground cars? And where will they test the 0-248 time? I doubt VW will let them rent that 6 mile straightaway where James May maxed the Veyron...

The Veyron SS made 300 fewer horsepower than this will and was shooting for a significantly higher top speed. Less power to achieve a higher speed equals a longer run requiring a longer track. The Hennessy Venom GT achieved a world record top speed of over 270mph on a military runway, running up to and braking from that top speed in the neighborhood of four miles. Doubtless Koenigsegg has something similar in mind. (Considering their cars aren't considerably heavier than the Venom thanks to copious and pioneering use of carbon fiber (3,080lbs(1420kg) vs 2765lbs(1255kg), and the Regera's maximum combined output will be MUCH higher than the Venom GT ever made)

Apparently it doesn't use a traditional transmission, but an electric-based one. The website is somewhat ambiguous as to whether it uses a fluid coupling drive for the engine entirely, or if the engine drives a generator which powers the electric motors, a la diesel-electric locomotive. It is a purely RWD system with as much weight savings as possible. Koenigsegg claims the whole electric system- motors, generators, batteries, etc- only adds 88kg over what the car would weigh with the 7-speed transmission they use instead.

Every time we think we're approaching the limit of insanity, we break it shortly thereafter. I'd say, ever since the Countach, we're not approaching, we're pushing the limits of ridiculosity. On pure top speed fronts, the Bloodhound SSC is chasing a 1,000mph top speed, which is going to take the power of the Rolls-Royce engine that powers the Eurofighter Typhoon, AND rocket boosters. Hardly a car, except that it has 4 wheels, can't fly (unless the driver has a really bad day), and uses a Jaguar V8 for a fuel pump.

Always liked those. I remember being enamored as a kid with the one in The Living Daylights. Gorgeous car from nearly every angle--well except mebbe...

88e6b0404b8fb1af2d4475b5fd97dcb8.jpg

the rear is the car's only aesthetic letdown. That low-hanging gas tank design gives it a bit of baboon's a$$. :p