1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

Beautiful shots as always. Sticker it up after?

Mahalo wmkjr! I usually don't apply the stickers because I don't like the raised edges of them, worried that they will start to peel off.

If I had waterslide versions I would definitely apply them.

Man I love that thing! Wish I'd been in a position to get one when they were available. Glad to experience it vicariously through all the pics - especially yours Saburo. I love how your photography seems to bring out the details. It actually looks like the flat colors are flatter, and the glossy canopy is glossier! Don't know how you achieve that but I seriously love your work.

Lovely shots Saburo! Almost makes me want to fit the original head unit back on to my one! Hmmm..

Beautiful photography! Was there re-issues of this? Mine has the rainbow canopy coating, which issue was that?

I dont recall so.. although mine has the very same canopy as Saburo's so there may have been several issues released!? Maybe a more knowledgeable forum member might know?

Edited by spanner76

Man I love that thing! Wish I'd been in a position to get one when they were available. Glad to experience it vicariously through all the pics - especially yours Saburo. I love how your photography seems to bring out the details. It actually looks like the flat colors are flatter, and the glossy canopy is glossier! Don't know how you achieve that but I seriously love your work.

Thank you I appreciate your kind words. I am always trying to improve, so I am making adjustments all the time to refine my technique. I hope you are able to add a VE-1 to your collection mickyg.

Beautiful photography! Was there re-issues of this? Mine has the rainbow canopy coating, which issue was that?

It's the 30th Anniversary edition.

Lovely shots Saburo! Almost makes me want to fit the original head unit back on to my one! Hmmm..

I dont recall so.. although mine has the very same canopy as Saburo's so there may have been several issues released!? Maybe a more knowledgeable forum member might know?

Thanks Spanner! There was a different head?

Mine has the rainbow tinted canopy too. Saburo must have gotten the 30th anniversary reissue.

You got it. :D

Thanks Spanner! There was a different head?

I fitted a DYRL VF-1A head to mine to see how it looked and thought it was ok so I left it on! I never really liked the Elint Seeker head..

I'll probably fit the original head back on it to restore it back to how it is meant to be.

Great pictures, Saburo. :wub: Not a big fan of the Elint Seeker but I might say I'm digging it now... well, except for that head. :rolleyes:

Question, if VE-1 or VT-1 get reissued, which one you guys will advice me to get? ^_^

Question, if VE-1 or VT-1 get reissued, which one you guys will advice me to get? ^_^

Seeing that they both are more unique designs compared to other Valkyrie you'd really have to get them both! Or you'll always feel like you're missing something.. well thats how i feel about it. I hated not have a Super Ostrich after i let it go..

Edited by spanner76

More love for the VE-1. :wub:

18812290155_390f9aa21b_b.jpg

Thank you I appreciate your kind words. I am always trying to improve, so I am making adjustments all the time to refine my technique.

These shots are just incredible. I, and I'm sure many others on this board, would be very grateful if you could find a little time some day to describe the technique, gear, and setup you use to capture shots like these.

These shots are just incredible. I, and I'm sure many others on this board, would be very grateful if you could find a little time some day to describe the technique, gear, and setup you use to capture shots like these.

Thanks chaff.g. I have been meaning to put together a write up on my shooting techniques and setups, but I always get side tracked. Life just gets in the way sometimes, I will one day have it written up.

If you have any question please feel free to PM me. I don't consider myself a pro, I am still learning as I go. Most of my knowledge is from articles I have read online, tips from friends who are professional photographers and quite a bit of trial and error.

Found some time for this. :D

18901634442_da1b8f80ed_b.jpg

Edited by Saburo

What a great valk!!!! Took it out of the shelf so it sees some action. Quick phone pics:

Nice!...I bet that would look even better with some grey side covers!

Put simply I cannot compete with Saburo when it comes to photo quality but here is my Skull squadron shot! Well I guess there is one thing I have over Sab..

Gun straps! hehe! :p:D

That is a great shot, and the gun straps look great! I wanted to buy a few of them, but I really needed to save money for the new camera gear. Also the new gear is being delivered today. :D

Edited by Saburo

Yes, I should try the ones that come with the GBP!!!

Yes please!!..That's exactly what I meant.

..BTW Saburo, you're like a pop star who keeps releasing #1 hit singles.

That is a great shot, and the gun straps look great! I wanted to buy a few of them, but I really needed to save money for the new camera gear. Also the new gear is being delivered today. :D

OOOOOOooooh!!! What'd you get, what'd you get, what'd you get?

Yes please!!..That's exactly what I meant.

..BTW Saburo, you're like a pop star who keeps releasing #1 hit singles.

I wouldn't go that far, but thank you I appreciate you kind words. Maybe I should run out do some really stupid things.

OOOOOOooooh!!! What'd you get, what'd you get, what'd you get?

I'll post a regular photo of it in the new toy general purchase thread. :)

I wouldn't go that far, but thank you I appreciate you kind words. Maybe I should run out do some really stupid things.

...ending up in rehab ,then making a comeback can only be good for your art!

...what are u working on next?

...ending up in rehab ,then making a comeback can only be good for your art!

...what are u working on next?

Hahaha!

Next thing is to get used to the new camera, process some photos I have taken and wait for the VF-19Adv to arrive.

Armored Gerwalk in action! ^_^

Nice shots. :)

Nice shots. :)

Thanks Saburo! ;)

armored Gerwalk looks pretty tough! nice pics Noel! B))

And with Gun straps! very cool! :D

Thanks spanner! Love those straps from DarrinG. ;)

Testing new camera on new iPhone.

Cool flying 19's. :)

Fantastic photos of the Armored Gerwalk, no3l! You keep wanting me to mess around with my VF-1J GBP. Haha! But it's all fun!

Nice Mac 7 collection, sithlord!

Thanks abbadon! Maybe you could try Armored Fighter. ;)