The WWE and Pro-Wrestling Thread

areaseven

Hmmm, i'll say Jazz is certainly up there, but Gail Kim? Nah.... <_<

When you compare her to Nidia, Stacy, Torrie Wilson or Molly Holly? She definitely was better than any of them, or at least had some flair in her moves and didn't come off as a klutz.

As for Jazz, yeah she is quite manly. If I had to bet on who would win in a match, the Godfather Kama Mustafa or Jazz, i'd bet all my dough on her kicking his ass.

As for Jazz, yeah she is quite manly. If I had to bet on who would win in a match, the Godfather Kama Mustafa or Jazz, i'd bet all my dough on her kicking his ass.

That would be an unfair match to begin with, as the Godfather is out of shape. Now if Jazz fought Batista...

Gail Kim better than Molly Holly?! Dude...... :lol:<_< I think Gail Kim knew two or three botched submission holds in total. Oh yeah, and one nice chick kick.

What a repitoire eh?

Ok ok, but still... if you gotta look at one on TV, who would you rather see? I vote for the one without the chunky ass. You may have different preferences.

As for Jazz, yeah she is quite manly.  If I had to bet on who would win in a match, the Godfather Kama Mustafa or Jazz, i'd bet all my dough on her kicking his ass.

That would be an unfair match to begin with, as the Godfather is out of shape. Now if Jazz fought Batista...

Actually I meant when he was in shape... :lol: What was the name of the finishing move he had where he threw someone into a corner then did the choo choo train splash? "Hos gotta eat"? :lol:

Did you see, Kurt Angle almost tapped out versus Daniel Puder, a guy with mma background :) it s very funny

I wonder if it was really for real or not, otherwise it was a great job :p, too bad it was not against triple H ahaha

Video

Already less than a month since his debut, and this jabroni injures himself? How uncool (at least for the WWE)...

At last night's Smackdown-Brand house show in Fort Myers, Carlito Caribbean Cool suffered some sort of shoulder injury during his United States Championship match with Hardcore Holly.

During the contest, Carlito took a bump on the outside of the ring and landed wrong. It doesn't seem like this was a "work", because the referee stopped the match after the bump happened and awared the match to Holly via countout.

At this point, it is unknown how badly the injury is. If it does turn out to be worse than expected, it could mean that Carlito would have to miss being part of Kurt Angle's Survivor Series team this coming Sunday on PPV and it would force the WWE to scramble around for someone to replace him in time for the event. We'll keep you updated on this situation as more information is released.

Credit: wrestlingobserver.com

BTW, did anyone bother to watch last night's NWA-TNA PPV?

Did you see, Kurt Angle almost tapped out versus Daniel Puder, a guy with mma background :) it s very funny

I wonder if it was really for real or not, otherwise it was a great job :p, too bad it was not against triple H ahaha

Video

The move that Puder had Angle in is commonly known as a KIMURA. If the referees weren't there to make the three count Angle would have had a broken arm. But I wonder who's gonna be the one that's in trouble here?

IMHO Angle sure got PUNKED. :lol:

Earlier tonight on RAW:

- Well, HHH is back, and all he and Bischoff did was exchange idle threats. Yawn.

- Orton vs. Batista. Double-yawn.

- Yet another tasteless segment: Snitsky playing "kick the baby." Y2J shouldn't have put this loser over.

- Simon Dean struck again. He bagged on a fat woman about her unable to fit inside a bathtub. He asked a fat man if he has trouble walking to the bathroom. Simon then invited another fat woman in the ring, where he asked her when her last sexual relation was. He then offered her a taste of the Simon System juice, which she splashed on his face. In retaliation, he poured the rest of it on her as she headed back to her ringside seat.

- Once again, Tajiri got wasted, and that loser Snitsky wants a shot at HHH's title after Survivor Series.

- Well, there's already dissention in the ranks of HHH's team for Survivor Series, as Edge also isn't a team player.

- Two hours of RAW and just one decent match: Benoit vs. Edge. Until Evolution pulled the ref out and Snitsky made a run-in.

Obviously, HHH's team will win at Survivor Series. And either Edge or Snitsky will be the newest member of Evolution.

and where is ROCK !

Seems like the Rock has been pretty busy.

Gridiron Gang (2006) (announced) .... Sean Porter

Johnny Bravo (2005) (announced) .... Johnny Bravo

Instant Karma (2005) (pre-production)

Spy Hunter (2005) (pre-production) .... Alec Sects

Doom (2005) (filming) .... Sarge

Be Cool (2005) (completed) .... Elliot Wilhelm

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0425005/

I wonder when he'll start using his real name instead of going by "The Rock".

The DOOM series from id Software, yes.

And judging by Queen Latifah, Ice Cube, Snoop Dogg, Mos Def, and Eminem, The Rock won't be going by Dwayne Johnson anytime soon. :D

Ah, but you left out Marky Mark, who now goes by Mark Wahlberg. :) So maybe he might change?

Actually, whenever he uses the name The Rock in a movie, his contract states that Vinnie Mac has to be the executive producer of the film (as the WWE owns the name). Just look at The Scorpion King, The Rundown and Walking Tall. You'll clearly see this on the credits:

Executive Producer: Vincent K. McMahon

Edited by areaseven

After nearly two years of bashing the organization, I've actually found a reason to tune in to NWA-TNA: Canadian cruiserweight Petey Williams and his unbelievable finisher The Canadian Destroyer.

23.jpg

Unfortunately, this pic doesn't give justice to the actual move in action. You have to see it to believe it.

Yeah, when I saw that move 3 months ago when I still watched NWA-TNA I said OMG! :blink:

But it's still not enough for me to suffer through the Jeff Jarrett show anymore.

Actually, whenever he uses the name The Rock in a movie, his contract states that Vinnie Mac has to be the executive producer of the film (as the WWE owns the name). Just look at The Scorpion King, The Rundown and Walking Tall. You'll clearly see this on the credits:

Executive Producer: Vincent K. McMahon

Actually, I thought The Rock bought the rights to his name. No?

And that finishing move looks CRAZY.

Is it similar to Taker's tombstone?

No. Williams starts the move with a setup similar to a powerbomb, but does a sunset flip with his opponent's head clamped between his thighs. And instead of landing it into a sunset flip pin, he turns it into a piledriver. The maneuver takes about 1.5 to 2 seconds to execute.

Aside from "Triple-J", here are three other reasons to stay away from NWA-TNA's main events:

I always liked the Outsiders and Madness.

Is it true that Savage is already done with TNA?

Wow...what a lousy PPV. And I'm actually awake to give out the results.

WWE Survivor Series Results

Sunday Night Heat Opener

La Resistance def. Hurricane/Rosey via Au Revoir.

WWE Cruiserweight Championship - Fatal Four-Way

Spike Dudley def. Rey Mysterio, Chavo Guerrero and Billy Kidman.

WWE Intercontinental Championship

Shelton Benjamin pinned Christian.

SmackDown! Elimination

Eddie Guerrero's team def. Kurt Angle's team after Big Show pinned Angle.

Undertaker made John Heidenreich rest in peace.

WWE Women's Championship

Trish Stratus def. Lita by DQ after Lita bloodied Trish outside the ring with a steel chair. Trish might be out of commission with a broken nose.

WWE Heavyweight Championship

JBL def. Booker T. with the use of the title belt.

RAW Elimination

1. Chris Benoit by Edge after HHH landed the Pedigree on Benoit.

2. Batista by Chris Jericho via kick to the head.

3. Gene Snitsky DQ'd after bringing in a steel chair. On the bright side, Maven bloodied him up real good.

4. Maven by HHH, since Snitsky knocked him out with the chair.

5. Y2J by Edge.

6. Edge by Randy Orton via RKO.

7. As HHH set up the Pedigree, Orton reversed it and landed the RKO to score the win.

Winner: Randy Orton

At least HHH doesn't win, but what does this mean for RAW for the rest of the month?

Haha! Lousy? Sucks to be you! ;)

My crew and I had a blast with this PPV. Plus, it doesn't hurt that we're all (don't ask) BIG Snitsky fans!

Best part of the PPV:

Snitsky: I like your poetry.

Heidenreich: I like what you do to babies.

Btw, did you see Snitsky's eyebrow after Maven opened him up? It was pratcially dangling over his eye!!

Btw, did you see Snitsky's eyebrow after Maven opened him up? It was practially dangling over his eye!!

No kidding. An update from TOPWRESTLING.com:

As expected, Gene Snitsky's cut last night was legitimate and not the result of a blade job. He needed to receive stitches backstage and was being looked at for a broken orbital bone.

As the year 2004 comes to a close, let's vote for the best and worst of the year in the world of professional wrestling.

Best Wrestling Promotion (if not WWE):

Worst Wrestling Promotion:

RAW or SmackDown!?:

Best Wrestler:

Worst Wrestler:

Best Tag Team:

Worst Tag Team:

Best Diva:

Worst Diva:

Best New Wrestler:

Worst New Wrestler:

Most Improved Wrestler:

Least Improved Wrestler:

Best Finisher:

Worst Finisher:

Best Entrance Theme:

Worst Entrance Theme:

Best PPV:

Worst PPV:

Best Match:

Worst Match:

Best Feud:

Worst Feud:

Best Commentator:

Worst Commentator:

Best Wrestling DVD:

Worst Wrestling DVD:

Best Wrestling Game:

Worst Wrestling Game:

Below is a "cheat sheet" to save time instead of looking up WWE.com. Otherwise, go directly to the RAW or SmackDown! roster pages.

Most Likely Best WWE Candidates

Billy Kidman

Booker T.

Carmella DeCesare

Charlie Haas

Chavo Guerrero

Chris Benoit

Chris Jericho

Christy Hemme

Dawn Marie

Eddie Guerrero

Edge

Eugene

Kurt Angle

Maven

Miss Jackie

Orlando Jordan

Paul London

Rhyno

Rob Van Dam

Shelton Benjamin

Stacy Keibler

Tajiri

Torrie Wilson

Tyson Tomko

William Regal

Most Likely Worst WWE Candidates

Batista

Carlito Caribbean Cool

Eric Bischoff

Gene Snitsky

Heidenreich

Jerry "The King" Lawler

Jim Ross

John Bradshaw Layfield

Jonathan Coachman

Josh Matthews

Kenzo Suzuki

Luther Reigns

Michael Cole

Randy Orton

Ric Flair

Shawn Michaels

Spike Dudley

Steven Richards

Tazz

Theodore R. Long

Triple-H

Somewhere Between Best and Worst

Akio

Al Snow

The Basham Brothers

Big Show

Brock Lesnar

Christian

The Dudley Boyz

Garrison Cade

Goldberg

Hardcore Holly

The Hurricane

John Cena

Kane

La Resistance

Lita

Mark Jindrak

Mick Foley

Molly Holly

Paul Heyman

Rene Dupree

Rey Mysterio

The Rock

Rosey

Shannon Moore

Stone Cold Steve Austin

Trish Stratus

Undertaker

Val Venis

Victoria

After not watching the WWF (I still call it that) for over a months I decided to watch the last half and hour.

Girls in underware having a pillow fight. Has that Diva winner been in a "real" match yet? The main event Maven vs Triple H. Story wise the build up to that match (part I saw) was good but the execution of the match "yawn" you could see the crowd nearest to the ring were bored. The good guy wrestlers were all helping Maven but he still lost. Triple H look like the hero in that match. I thought he was the main villian. I think they could at least let Maven have some "uber" attack of his own that landed on Triple H that might have got the crowds going. You can't root for the good guy when he's so weak he needs help from others.

Best Wrestling Promotion (if not WWE): -

Worst Wrestling Promotion: -

RAW or SmackDown!?: i can only watch raw :/

Best Wrestler: chris benoit

Worst Wrestler: triple-h

Best Tag Team: kane & rob van dam

Worst Tag Team: la resistance

Best Diva: Lita, lilian garcia, stacy kiebler

Worst Diva: Trish stratus

Best New Wrestler: eugene

Worst New Wrestler: rick flair :D

Most Improved Wrestler: eugene

Least Improved Wrestler: randy orton

Best Finisher: goldberg

Worst Finisher: chris jericho

Best Entrance Theme: HBK

Worst Entrance Theme: edge

Best PPV: i never watch ppv :(

Worst PPV: i never watch ppv :(

Best Match: -

Worst Match: tripple-h versus anyone

Best Feud:

Worst Feud: lita & kane, jericho & trish, eugene vs evolution

Best Commentator: our french commentator :|

Worst Commentator: our french commentator :|

My picks:

Best Wrestling Promotion (if not WWE): WWE

Worst Wrestling Promotion: NWA-TNA

RAW or SmackDown!?: RAW - no other choice...

Best Wrestler: Chris Benoit

Worst Wrestler: (tie) Triple-H, John Bradshaw Layfield and Batista

Best Tag Team: None

Worst Tag Team: Kenzo Suzuki & Rene Dupree

Best Diva: Stacy Keibler

Worst Diva: Trish Stratus

Best New Wrestler: Eugene

Worst New Wrestler: (tie) Gene Snitsky and Mordecai

Most Improved Wrestler: Shelton Benjamin

Least Improved Wrestler: (tie) Randy Orton and Batista

Best Finisher: (tie) Crossface (Benoit) and Canadian Destroyer (Petey Williams)

Worst Finisher: (tie) RKO (Orton) and Pedigree (HHH)

Best Entrance Theme: "Line in the Sand" by Motorhead (Evolution)

Worst Entrance Theme: (tie) "Take What's Mine" by Mercy Drive (Orton) and Jeff Jarrett's NWA-TNA theme

Best PPV: WresleMania XX

Worst PPV: The Great American Bash

Best Match: Benoit vs. HBK vs. HHH (WMXX)

Worst Match: Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar (WMXX)

Best Feud: Eddie Guerrero vs. Kurt Angle

Worst Feud: Evolution vs. anybody

Best Commentator: None

Worst Commentator: (tie) Jerry "The King" Lawler and Tony Schiavone

Best Wrestling DVD: Chris Benoit: Hard Knocks

Worst Wrestling DVD: None so far...

Best Wrestling Game: WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW

Worst Wrestling Game: None, really

Last night on SmackDown!:

- JBL made his "Victory Speech" following his tainted win over Booker T. This prompted Booker to come in and demand a rematch before Eddie Guerrero and the Undertaker came in the ring as well. As a result, Theodore R. Long issued a Fatal Four-Way match to take place at Armageddon next month.

- John Cena destroyed Carlito Caribbean Cool to regain the U.S. title, but in the end, he wound up on a stretcher after a vicious attack by Carlito's bodyguard Jesus.