The WWE and Pro-Wrestling Thread

areaseven

I'm back from the Staples Center, and I have to say that Judgment Day was as boring as expected.

WWE Judgment Day Results

Sunday Night Heat Opener

"The Narcissist" Lex Luger Mark Jindrak squashed Funaki with his imitation Rock Bottom

Rob Van Dam & Rey Mysterio def. The Dudley Boyz after RVD landed the Five-Star Frog Splash on D-Von

Torrie's Career on the Line

Torrie Wilson def. Dawn Marie

Mordecai's Debut

Mordecai annihilated Scotty 2 Hotty with the Razor's Edge

WWE Tag Team Championship

Charlie Haas & Rico def. Hardcore Holly & Billy Gunn after Haas did a sunset flip pin on Holly

WWE Cruiserweight Championship (Chavo must wrestle with one arm only)

Chavo Guerrero def. Jacqueline with the Gori Bomb (when he had his arm untied and the referee was distracted by Chavo Classic) to regain the Cruiserweight title.

WWE U.S. Championship

John Cena destroyed Rene Dupree with the F-U

Undertaker landed the Tombstone on Booker T.

WWE Championship

John Bradshaw Layfield def. Eddie Guerrero by DQ after Eddie clocked JBL with the belt.

After the match, Eddie collapsed due to severe blood loss and had to be brought out on a stretcher.

Edited by areaseven

Last night on RAW:

- Since the WWE couldn't think of any way to put Eugene over, The Rock decided to come over and establish him as a major babyface.

- Once again, Shawn Michaels screws Triple-H from getting another title shot by running in and throwing him out of the battle royal, resulting in Kane getting the #1 Contender slot at Bad Blood.

There was wrestling on last night? hmmm I went out and did some errands..must have forgot it was on lol.

Yeah, and there was also a PPV event two nights ago. :lol:

I knew about the PPV. I read your results. How was the crowd? Were they bored like you were? For the DVD, the WWE can always add/subtract crowd noise/boos like they did for the WM 20 DVD set(Lesnar/Goldberg match in particular) lol

But I hardly watch Smackdown at all. Even with RVD and the Dudley Boyz on it and those are 3 of my favorites. Why I dunno, I just can't get into it.

Edited by dejr8bud

There was wrestling on last night? hmmm I went out and did some errands..must have forgot it was on lol.

Yeah, and there was also a PPV event two nights ago. :lol:

I knew about the PPV. I read your results. How was the crowd? Were they bored like you were? For the DVD, the WWE can always add/subtract crowd noise/boos like they did for the WM 20 DVD set(Lesnar/Goldberg match in particular) lol

But I hardly watch Smackdown at all. Even with RVD and the Dudley Boyz on it and those are 3 of my favorites. Why I dunno, I just can't get into it.

They went so low as to add cheers to the Golberg/Lesnar match?

That's tatamount to fraud. :lol:

They went so low as to add cheers to the Golberg/Lesnar match?

That's tatamount to fraud. :lol:

Something like that. They removed the boos, boring and you sold out chants from what I heard. And repleced them with cheers and Goldberg chants. I haven't had a chance to check out the WM 20 DVD set.

One of the times I went to a WCW Nitro and the crowd was completely dead during Rowdy Piper/Hogan match. I later watched it later on tape and they added all sorts of crowd noise, Hogan chants, boos etc lol

Edited by dejr8bud

There were rumors of empty ringside seats, but by the time the Sunday Night Heat match ended, the arena got packed. Eddie and Cena were the most over in the event.

WWE WrestleMania XX Edit List

1. Dudley Boyz entrance theme replaced with old theme, possibly due to copyright restrictions between WWE and Powerman 5000.

2. Stacy Keibler's entrance theme replaced with a cheap instrumental of "Legs," possibly due to copyright restrictions between WWE and Kid Rock

2. Ultimo Dragon slipping on the ramp before the Cruiserweight Invitational match replaced by far view of TitanTron.

3. Victoria's entrance theme replaced with a cheap instrumental of "All the Things She Said," supposedly due to copyright restrictions between WWE and t.A.T.u.

4. On the Goldberg/Brock Lesnar match, all the chants of "This Match Sucks!" and "Boring!" were toned down a bit. Boos and chants of "You Sold Out!" and "Na Na Na Na, Hey Hey, Goodbye!" remain untouched. "Goldberg!" chants were added as well.

Haven't viewed discs 2 and 3 yet. Will check them out tonight.

Edited by areaseven

Last night on SmackDown!:

- Mordecai appeared again, destroying both Billy Kidman and Akio.

- Not only did Booker T. squash Funaki, he made SmackDown!'s "Numbah Wan Announcer" bleed.

- Originally, the main event was Eddie Guerrero/RVD/Rey Mysterio vs. John Bradshaw Layfield/Dudleyz, but an attack backstage on Eddie by JBL made GM Kurt Angle change it to a 3-on-2 handicap match. Eddie later on appeared and cleaned house on all three opponents before collapsing.

If you read the PPV results, you'll remember that Eddie legitimately collapsed due to the excessive loss of blood during the match (more like Eddie bladed himself too long and too deep). WWE's decided to make an angle out of it. Don't know if this means Eddie will drop the title soon.

Could Sting be in the WWE anytime soon? Article from TOPWRESTLING.com:

Sting recently had a very interesting interview with IGN.com to promote the new Legends of Wrestling: Showdown video game. Sting clarified in the article that he would love to work for WWE. He commented by saying, "If it were done properly, I would do it. This last Wrestlemania would've been a good one, Wrestlemania XX, just the fact that I've never been a part of one. I would definitely do it. You know, Vince and I have talked several times over the past few years. The Wrestlemania before, he wanted me to repel out of the ceiling and do something with Stone Cold Steve Austin, and we were set to do it, we were going to do it, but once the attorney's get going, and it's not my attorney, he's only doing what I ask him to do, but once their attorney's get involved, it's tough. When I talk to Vince, it's easy. Anyway, I had to call Vince and tell him that we couldn't do it. He's been great every time I've talked to him, so you never know. It's something I'm interested in."

Sting also clarifies in the article that he is not an NWA: TNA superstar. He simply says that the reason that he did four shows for them was to return a favor for Jerry Jarrett, but at first he really didn’t want to do it. Sting said that he is flattered that Shelton Benjamin uses a lot of his moves in the ring and really wants to meet him. He also declares that the “Crow” gimmick is his favorite.

[source: PWInsider.com]

Sting recently had a very interesting interview with IGN.com to promote the new Legends of Wrestling: Showdown video game. Sting clarified in the article that he would love to work for WWE.

Interesting. I hope Sting knows what he could potentially be getting himself into, should he sign with the WWE. For all we know, Vince McMahon could sign him for the sole purpose of destroying his image, like he did with Goldberg.

Would Sting really want to job to Triple H and Randy Orton every week?

Interesting. I hope Sting knows what he could potentially be getting himself into, should he sign with the WWE. For all we know, Vince McMahon could sign him for the sole purpose of destroying his image, like he did with Goldberg.

Would Sting really want to job to Triple H and Randy Orton every week?

Chances are that if sting were to sign with the WWE, he would be placed on SmackDown! to feud with (and job to) the Undertaker.

Last night on RAW:

- Where is this Lita/Matt Hardy/Kane love triangle going? This is probably worse than the last love triangle.

- Last week, The Rock put Eugene over as a face. Tonight, it was Benoit that teamed up with Eugene against Garrison Cade and the Coachman. Eugene is a good wrestler and all, but his gimmick must go.

- The feud between HBK and HHH intensified beyond Bischoff's control. At the end of the show, it took nearly the entire RAW roster to separate the two. Bischoff announced that the two will settle their scores once and for all in a Hell in a Cell match at Bad Blood. It would be much better if both of them were to stay away from TV for at least a couple of months.

I only catched the last two matches

The Eugene character was okay comic relief at first but now that all the superstars are helping and letting him do their moves it's old. This character is getting too much attention and support from the good guys. The storyline for this character (while a okay one) is being pushed on people way too fast.

About the big melee in the end, is it just me but are all the fights with a dozens of wrestlers? I expect to see a lot of action when everyone is in the ring but when you look at these type of fights you notice about half the guys are just standing around doing nothing.

Wow...WWE desperately wants your PPV money next month. This June, we'll have not one, but two WWE PPV events.

On June 13, RAW presents Bad Blood, featuring Benoit defending his World title against Kane. HBK and HHH square off in a Hell in the Cell match. Randy Orton faces Shelton Benjamin to keep his Intercontinental reign intact.

Then on June 27, SmackDown! presents The Great American Bash. So far, no matches have been announced yet, but God forbid another Eddie/JBL match.

The Great American Bash, huh? Guess what the October WWE PPV will be called...

Wow...WWE desperately wants your PPV money next month. This June, we'll have not one, but two WWE PPV events.

On June 13, RAW presents Bad Blood, featuring Benoit defending his World title against Kane. HBK and HHH square off in a Hell in the Cell match. Randy Orton faces Shelton Benjamin to keep his Intercontinental reign intact.

Then on June 27, SmackDown! presents The Great American Bash. So far, no matches have been announced yet, but God forbid another Eddie/JBL match.

The Great American Bash, huh? Guess what the October WWE PPV will be called...

Hmmm, let's see....ummm

Halloween Havoc? <_<

Earlier tonight on RAW:

- Kane vs. Eugene. What did Kane do to deserve this?

- Randy Orton continues to blow spots night after night.

- Man, Trish's mic skills are more fake than her implants.

Otherwise, it was another flat episode.

• 2 weeks later...

It was a rather stale week in the world of sports entertainment.

RAW

- HHH, Flair and Orton jobbed to Shelton Benjamin. However, Shelton jobbed to Batista. Is there something wrong with this picture?

- You have Kane and his obsession with Lita. And then you have Kane challenging Benoit for the title. Which storyline are we supposed to follow?

- Show ended with HBK and HHH brawling all over the arena. *YAWN*

SmackDown!

- Eddie Guerrero hijacked and trashed JBL's limo. How many more limo incidents do we need on TV?

- Cena vs. RVD - finally, a match worth watching.

- Undertaker bowed to Paul Heyman. Have we seen this angle before?

Also, some incidents happened on the WWE's European tour:

- After being booed by the German crowd, Eddie Guerrero got on the mic and said that Germany sucks.

- Making matters worse was Bradshaw doing Nazi gestures in the ring. As a result, he got kicked out of his position as financial adviser for CNBC.

This Sunday, WWE will host Bad Blood. Unfortunately, I won't be able to cover the PPV, as I will be in the Philippines for the next two weeks starting this weekend. If anyone wants to cover the PPV, be my guest.

Speaking of Bad Blood, the crew at TopWrestling.com came up with this possible angle surrounding the HBK/HHH Hell in a Cell match:

- During the match, Randy Orton runs in and throws HBK off the cell. HHH and Orton celebrate when suddenly, Orton gives HHH an RKO and throws him off the cell. The next night on RAW, Orton explains his actions, telling the crowd that he carried Evolution and has been the only member to retain a title belt. He'll also mention that Evolution is evolving. Flair and Batista come out, demanding an apology for what he did to HHH. Then, all of a sudden, Batista powerbombs Flair. Orton then tells Flair that Evolution has no room for the older generation. And with that, Orton stands out as the top heel of the show.

As for HHH and HBK, they're both going to be out of commission after Bad Blood. HHH has to film a movie, while HBK wants time with his wife (ex-Nitro Girl Whisper). What will happen when they return?

How about a possible reformation of DX?

HHH has to film a movie, while HBK wants time with his wife (ex-Nitro Girl Whisper). What will happen when they return?

What other film does HHH need to appear in? By all accounts, Blade 3 is already in the can.

Is Conan starting? I thought Blade was ready to go as well.

If Orton and Batista become the main heels on Raw, then I'm sure as hell not bothering to watch it. I can't stand either of them, and listening to them run their mouths on Raw constantly is not something I feel like seeing. I'd rather hear HHH, and I've voiced my disdain of HHH. Add in the treatment of Kane this last year, ruining him.

:angry: / :(

As for Smackdown, don't like Hayman, but there are at least some good matches. Cena's gotten a lot better. Much less annoying than Raw generally.

As for Bradshaw getting booted from CNBC for being stupid:

HAW HAW.

Edited by Anubis

I know what you mean, the WWE just keeps making it harder and harder to like wrestling. Has anybody caught NWA-TNA's new show on Fox Sports? I never felt like paying 10 bucks a week for their pay per views, but I am really enjoying the X division matches. A.J. Styles is amazing and will probably end up in a wheelchair before he's 40, much like the rest of the division. Why can't the WWE put on cruiserweight-style matches like this? Oh wait, I know why, 5 minute rest-holds(I'm looking at you HHH) are much more exciting than triple-corkscrew moonsaults.

Why can't the WWE put on cruiserweight-style matches like this? Oh wait, I know why, 5 minute rest-holds(I'm looking at you HHH) are much more exciting than triple-corkscrew moonsaults.

Because the WWE doesn't care about the smaller guys. As a matter of fact, WWE booker Bruce "Brother Love" Prichard recently proposed to have the company scrap the Cruiserweight title later this year.

Wow. That was one of the worst PPV event I've seen in years. It's really sad when Eugene vs Coach is the highlight of the show. And that "main event?" Good god, that was the longest 45 minutes match I've sat through. It was just interminable. Just when you'd hope somebody would get pinned, the match would keep going. And is anybody surprised that Triple H finally won?

Wow. That was one of the worst PPV event I've seen in years. It's really sad when Eugene vs Coach is the highlight of the show. And that "main event?" Good god, that was the longest 45 minutes match I've sat through. It was just interminable. Just when you'd hope somebody would get pinned, the match would keep going. And is anybody surprised that Triple H finally won?

Forgot about that one..That bad huh? HHH is the champ? or did he beat HBK? I 'm outta the loop...I was too busy throwing beer cans at my TV after yesterday's disaster otherwise known as the Pocono 500. lol <_<

HHH is the champ? or did he beat HBK? I 'm outta the loop...I was too busy throwing beer cans at my TV after yesterday's disaster otherwise known as the Pocono 500. lol <_<

No, that was the worst part! Benoit beat Kane to retain his belt, but it wasn't even the freakin' main event!! Just how fraked up has the WWE become when the championship match isn't even the main even? Instead, we get treated to an insultingly bad match between HBK and HHH. It would have been a boring main even fro RAW, much less an Hell in a Cell match.

And don't even mention that Pocono race to me. <_<

Damn, I must've missed a lot. There's no NASCAR coverage here in Manila and WWE broadcasting is a month late.

Anyway, for those who haven't seen the PPV, here's the wrap-up courtesy of TOPWRESTLING.com:

WWE Bad Blood Results

World Tag Team Championship

Chris Benoit/Edge def. La Resistance by DQ after Kane ran in and attacked Benoit. La Resistance remain champions.

Chris Jericho def. Tyson Tomco.

WWE Intercontinental Championship

Randy Orton def. Shelton Benjamin via rollup to retain the title.

WWE Women's Championship

Trish Stratus def. Victoria/Lita/Gail Kim to become the new champion after pinning Lita.

Eugene destroyed Jonathan Coachman with a Rock Bottom and The People's Elbow. After the match, he gave Garrison Cade a Stone Cold Stunner. And I still don't see William Regal as a face manager.

World Heavyweight Championship

Chris Benoit attempted the Crossface on Kane, but ended up rolling him for a pinfall victory.

Hell in a Cell

Triple-H gave Shawn Michaels his first Hell in a Cell loss with three Pedigrees.

Edited by areaseven

• 2 weeks later...

NOOOOOOOO! JBL. won the WWE title from Eddy last night at the Great American Bash!

udhchmp.jpg

Screw this, i'm going entirely tee-total on Smackdown brand until they sort their $hit out.

It's basically saying, 'Yeah come to the WWE, sexually abuse refs in the shower, make nazi salutes and get the world title for it!'. Hell, even if he didn't do any of that stuff, the guy just can't wrestle, work the mic or draw.

Can't wait to see the buyrate for that one.

For the love of god, the suckiness of that whole situation is too much to comprehend.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Edited by wakobi

sexually abuse refs in the shower,

guh?! Do I even want to know what this is about? :huh:

lol I do :rolleyes:

I have enough to bitch about with NASCAR...but yet I have the WWE to bitch about too..

WWE has been beyond awful lately. The Eugene storyline on RAW has to go. And big deal Lita is having Kane's baby yawn.... and Smackdown..I still don't watch it much even with RVD on it.