The WWE and Pro-Wrestling Thread

areaseven

I gave up on RAW a little after the second hour started and went back to watching my Xena DVD box set. How did RAW end?

Backstage, Stone Cold Steve Austin entered Goldberg's locker room. He offered Goldberg a front row ticket to No Way Out and told him that not only will he represent RAW, he'll represent Austin. Before he left, Austin told Goldberg not to do what he wouldn't do if he were to attend the PPV.

Well, there were two non-title matches. The first was another pointless Triple-H promo as he was telling the crowd what a real champion is like. He brought out Spike Dudley and pinned him after a minute.

The other was Randy Orton vs. Shawn Michaels. In the middle of the match, Orton drop-kicked the referee and both men knocked each other out of the ring. Austin appeared on the ramp on his ATV with senior referee Earl Hebner riding shotgun. Hebner took over the officiating while Austin picked up the other ref and left the ring. HBK scored the pin with a rollup after Orton saw Mick Foley appear on the ramp. After the match, Foley and Orton slugged it out, prompting Batista and Flair to follow them through the arena. With HBK left lying in the ring, HHH ran in and attacked him. Chris Benoit ran in and had a staredown with HHH, who eventually left the ring.

Also, Rico had a rematch with Rene Dupree. Jackie did not pull her top off this time; instead, Stacy Keibler appeared and pulled up her skirt for Dupree to see. This distracted him and cost him the match again. Afterwards, Stacy and Jackie danced in the ring to Stacy's new song from the WWE Originals CD.

Edited by areaseven

Did anyone catch RAW last night? What a flying load of crap! Despite an excellent Benoit/Flair match, the whole episode sucked.

- Paul Heyman came in along with Vinnie Mac to warn Goldberg about attending No Way Out. He got speared in return. Then, when Austin was celebrating, Goldberg was about to spear Vinnie Mac when he accidentally hit Austin after Vinnie Mac dodged him.

- Wow...another Undertaker promo. He'd better come back as the Dead Man. If I hear a motorcycle engine at WrestleMania, I'm gonna powerbomb my TV.

- Another example of the KLIQ demonstrating their booking authority: At the Benoit/HHH contract signing, Shawn Michaels came in and gave Benoit some Sweet Chin Music. He then signed the contract.

- Orton wins again at RVD and Booker T's expense in a triple-threat. Right after RVD landed the Five-Star Frog Splash on Booker, Orton shoved RVD out of the ring and covered Booker for the pin.

- Seriously, is anyone getting into the Y2J/Trish/Christian love triangle?

Did anyone catch RAW last night? What a flying load of crap! Despite an excellent Benoit/Flair match, the whole episode sucked.

ugh what a suck fest last night. 5 matches IIRC? too much talking. and of course HHH/HBK screwin Benoit. I hope it will change again by the time Wrestlemania 20 comes around. At least Benoit beat Grandpa Flair.

As of now there is nothing set up with RVD for WM 20. Maybe what happened last night will start something.

Where do I send my hate email about this Jericho/Trish/Christain crap. Unless its a screw job of sorts? lol

I changed the channel once HHH started running his mouth again at the signing. Changed it back to see Foley challenge Orton, chase after Orton into catering, and get jumped by Flair and a$$hole #2. Stupid. Gave up completely for the night after that.

Well. I guess tonight's PPV should almost be over.

Smackdown's NO WAY OUT. With a special apperance by Bill "YOU"RE NEXT!" Goldberg, I wonder how he's gonna screw with da Lesnar / Guerrero match (besides the obligatory Spear).

:ph34r::blink: Any news from da frontlines A7?

WWE No Way Out Results

WWE Tag Team Championship

Scotty 2 Hotty & Rikishi def. the Basham Brothers & Shaniqua after Rikishi squashed Shaniqua with the Banzai Drop.

Mixed Blindfold Match

Jamie Noble made Nidia tap out to a reverse headlock.

The World's Greatest Tag Team def. APA after Shelton Benjamin gave Bradshaw a superkick.

Goldberg then made his way to his front row seat. Paul Heyman came in and told Goldberg that if he ever lays a hand on Brock Lesnar, he's going to jail. Lesnar came in and dared Goldberg to enter the ring. Goldberg came in and gave Lesnar the Jackhammer before being handcuffed and taken away. Lesnar had to run away from Hardcore Holly, who ran in for his match.

Hardcore Holly destroyed Rhyno with the Alabama Slam.

WWE Cruiserweight Championship

Chavo Guerrero def. Rey Mysterio with a rollup after Chavo Sr. interfered with the match.

No. 1 Contender for WrestleMania - Triple-Threat

Kurt Angle def. John Cena and Big Show after making Cena tap out.

WWE Championship

Halfway to the match, Brock Lesnar set Eddie Guerrero up for the F-5. But when he landed it, Eddie's legs hit the referee. Lesnar covered Eddie for the pin, but there was no one to make the count. Lesnar then went outside the ring and grabbed his belt. As he was setting Eddie up for a belt shot, Goldberg ran in and speared him before running backstage. Eddie got up and grabbed the belt. But when he swung the belt, Lesnar ducked and set him up for another F-5. In a split-second, Eddie reversed it to a swinging DDT. He then went off the top rope and finished Lesnar off with the frog splash for the pin.

Winner and new WWE Champion: EDDIE GUERRERO

If only the WrestleMania main event were to be this good...

If only the WrestleMania main event were to be this good...

We can only hope. I give the WWE credit for giving Eddie the title, and Benoit is just a deserving, but there is No Way that HHH will Job to Benoit at WMXX.

We can only hope. I give the WWE credit for giving Eddie the title, and Benoit is just a deserving, but there is No Way that HHH will Job to Benoit at WMXX.

That's why HBK and HHH are making it a triple-threat. HBK will give Benoit some Sweet Chin Music, then he'll have a staredown with HHH. At that point, HHH will poke his finger on HBK's chest, causing HBK to collapse. HHH pins HBK. End of story. End of wrestling.

I had to reread those results twice. The WWE actually had the balls to let Guerrero win the title? Good lord what's next, interesting televised events? :o

But I agree with A7. When HHH retains his title (again) at Wrestlemania, the WWE universe will implode like a black hole. That is if fans don't lynch Vince McMahon and Triple H first. <_<

Earlier tonight on The Triple-H Show:

- Chris Benoit attacked Triple-H in the ring and gave him the Crossface before Evolution ran in to make the save.

- RVD and Booker T. finally win gold with a victory over Ric Flair and Batista. Flair had Booker locked in the figure-four when Mick Foley showed up and attacked Randy Orton outside the ring. Batista ran in to help Orton, giving RVD the opportunity to land the Five-Star Frog Splash on Flair.

- Stone Cold Steve Austin had a conversation with Eric Bischoff on what to do with the main event at WrestleMania. While they were at it, Austin asked Bischoff if he could really kick Vinnie Mac's ass. Bischoff told Austin he's more than ready and he's 25 years younger. Then he realized that Vinnie Mac was right behind him. Next week, Vinnie Mac has an important announcement concerning Bischoff.

- Enough of this stupid Y2J/Trish/Christian love triangle!

- Benoit jobbed to HBK. Worse is that Austin spilled out the worst news concerning the main event - it will be a triple-threat. :angry:

Eh the triple threat match for WM XX comes as no surprise. HBK vs Benoit was pretty good until the end of course. RVD winning some gold with Booker was good to see. The rest of the show...terrible as usual. What does Austin exactly do again?

Jim Ross really needs to pay attention to what he says.

While Mick Foley was getting his ass kicked "I've never seen Mick Foley beaten so badly" uh go watch when the Undertaker threw him off the top of the cage. WWE has only show that a million times.

During HBK vs Benoit they "had" to go to commercial. When they come back JR says "The action during the commercial break was priceless" Gee thanks for telling us that since most of us will never see the footage. moron lol

Sadly I found Fox's "The Littlest Groom" to be more entertaining lol

Hulk Hogan was the grand marshall for the NASCAR truck race at Daytona last Friday. His daughter sung the IIRC god bless america.

It is really a shame to see them do this crap to Foley after all this time gone. I would rather see him stay gone than be Orton's bitch lke this. It is severely getting old. Fight one on one for god's sake so Foley can suffocate Orton with a sock already.

Bad news about th triple threat. There's no way HHH won't take it. Again.

Worst, they are actually going to drag out Undertaker's return until Wrestlemania. 27 days!!!! oooohhhhh. They build up all that flashy tension and go to commercial break right in the middle. Poorly done.

I seriously think Wrestlemania will make or break this for me wether I continue trying to watch this. It has been a steaming pile of crap lately. Goldberg trashing Lesnar will be good to see, but that's all I'm looking forward to at this point.

Taken from ToPWrestling.com:

He was the pec-perfect model for a toy action figure and a cartoon character puzzle, but it's former pro wrestling giant Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake who's gone to pieces.

Beefcake - these days Edward Leslie, 46, of Winchester - voluntarily checked into a treatment program Monday, according to a source, after cocaine he admitted was his created an anthrax scare at the MBTA's Downtown Crossing subway station.

Sources said the man who acquired his stage name for hacking off the hair of his enemies in the ring had been working there part time as a fare collector - a job that pays $25,000 a year.

"He was a big star for the World Wrestling (Federation)," Buck Woodward, a columnist for the online magazine Pro Wrestling Insider, said yesterday of Leslie.

"During the '80s wrestling boom he became popular because he was very good friends with Hulk Hogan."

But behind the colossal bronzed chest and TV set of his own wrestling talk show, "The Barber Shop," Leslie's life was headed for the ropes. In 1990, his face was reconstructed with plates and bolts after a freak parasailing accident. Last April, the IRS slammed him with a lien for $57,425, according to records.

The MBTA confirmed yesterday they have an employee named Edward Leslie, but would not say if he was the one they suspended without pay after cocaine turned up Sunday afternoon on the counter of a Downtown Crossing fare booth, prompting an emergency hazmat response.

"Right now it's only an internal disciplinary matter," said MBTA spokesman Joe Pesaturo. "He has been cooperative with police."

And while we're at it, here's another former Superstar in trouble with the law:

Jake “The Snake” Roberts is back in trouble with the law as he is being prosecuted for starving the latest version of Damien, a 12-foot python, to death. Apparently, the animal had been neglected and was found starved and passed away days later. Roberts is facing a maximum of six months in prison.

Is it me or do a lot of wrestlers have a hard time after their limelight in the squared circle?

Brutus Beefcake, Lex Luger (and his mishap with the late Miss Elizabeth, etc.

To recap on Thursday night's Smackdown.

With WM XX around the corner I guess they've decided to make Kurt Angle turn face. He's (once again) a bad guy and attacked the NEW WWE Champion Eddie Guerrero (during his match with Cruiserweight Champion Chavo Guerrero).

Lesnar is well on his way to his match with Golderberg (at WM XX). What a pathetic mic performance begging to Vinnie Mac.

Speaking of Vinnie Mac. Do you guys know if he has anything special planned for WM XX? :ph34r:

With WM XX around the corner I guess they've decided to make Kurt Angle turn face. He's (once again) a bad guy and attacked the NEW WWE Champion Eddie Guerrero (during his match with Cruiserweight Champion Chavo Guerrero).

Lesnar is well on his way to his match with Golderberg (at WM XX). What a pathetic mic performance begging to Vinnie Mac.

Speaking of Vinnie Mac. Do you guys know if he has anything special planned for WM XX? :ph34r:

Angle turned heel to put Eddie over at WrestleMania.

As for Vinnie Mac, you'll never know. Now for the main event at WrestleMania, it looks like Benoit will not win the triple-threat. Since HHH has commitments to the production of Blade III and he refuses to job to Benoit, he'll just drop the title to HBK. And then at Backlash, Benoit will defeat HBK at his hometown in Edmonton, Alberta.

Now that's just plain stupid. Why doesn't WWE let Benoit win at WMXX and go to Backlash as the champ?

Speaking of Vinnie Mac. Do you guys know if he has anything special planned for WM XX?  :ph34r:

Angle turned heel to put Eddie over at WrestleMania.

As for Vinnie Mac, you'll never know. Now for the main event at WrestleMania, it looks like Benoit will not win the triple-threat. Since HHH has commitments to the production of Blade III and he refuses to job to Benoit, he'll just drop the title to HBK. And then at Backlash, Benoit will defeat HBK at his hometown in Edmonton, Alberta.

Now that's just plain stupid. Why doesn't WWE let Benoit win at WMXX and go to Backlash as the champ?

So the only reason it wouldn't go to HHH is because of Blade III? <_<

This is looking like the year it finally becomes unwatchable.

Earlier tonight on RAW:

- It was a rather boring episode of RAW. I can't believe Foley is selling any of Randy Orton's "hard punches," making them sound like they're worse than those two major bumps he took at the 1998 King of the Ring.

- The Y2J/Trish/Christian love triangle made less sense today when Christian and Trish fought each other. We all know that Y2J is getting a big push, but what's the point of having Trish and Christian in the fold?

- Vinnie Mac's big announcements for WrestleMania:

1) Seeing that Stacy Keibler and Jackie Gayda are upset over Torrie Wilson and Sable getting the Playboy covers, Vinnie Mac sanctioned an inter-promotional tag-team Evening Gown match between the four Divas. Like Sable ever won one of those in her life...

2) The Undertaker vs. Kane match appears to be a casket match.

3) Stone Cold Steve Austin requested to be the special guest referee for the Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar match.

- Vinnie Mac called out Eric Bischoff for their long-awaited match, with Austin as the referee. If you've read The Fate of Eric Bischoff (link below), this match was almost dead-on to the story. The whole twist was that Brock Lesnar ran in and gave Austin the F-5.

Anyway, here's the link to the story that ended up becoming a prophecy:

The Fate of Eric Bischoff

last nights RAW yawn... talk about boring...I guess we'll see a Y2J vs Christian grudge match at WM20. And Kane vs Undertaker at WM20....i've seen this already. Maybe a Hell in the Cell match? Mick Foley interview/rant was crap.

And a prediction for WM20. Since Austin is the special guest referee in the match of Goldberg vs Lesnar at WM20. Austin will give Goldberg a stunner getting revenge on him for spearing him on RAW. Causing Goldberg to lose the match. Rumors are going around that Goldberg will be gone from the WWE after WM20.

last nights RAW yawn... talk about boring...I guess we'll see a Y2J vs Christian grudge match at WM20. And Kane vs Undertaker at WM20....i've seen this already. Maybe a Hell in the Cell match? Mick Foley interview/rant was crap.

And a prediction for WM20. Since Austin is the special guest referee in the match of Goldberg vs Lesnar at WM20. Austin will give Goldberg a stunner getting revenge on him for spearing him on RAW. Causing Goldberg to lose the match. Rumors are going around that Goldberg will be gone from the WWE after WM20.

Goldberg's spear was by accident, Lesnar's F5 was deliberate. Therfore I would say Austin would be more pissed off at Lesnar.

Goldberg's spear was by accident, Lesnar's F5 was deliberate. Therfore I would say Austin would be more pissed off at Lesnar.

But the "character" of Austin doesn't care that it was an "accident." He'll probably beat on Lesnar too. I just wish Austin could have some sort of match. His sheriff/commissoner/non wrestling roles are getting tiresome.

But the "character" of Austin doesn't care that it was an "accident." He'll probably beat on Lesnar too. I just wish Austin could have some sort of match. His sheriff/commissoner/non wrestling roles are getting tiresome.

I thought he was doing the GM stuff because he couldn't wrestle on an extended basis anymore, health wise?

I thought he was doing the GM stuff because he couldn't wrestle on an extended basis anymore, health wise?

Yeah, but he's no longer co-GM because his team lost at Survivor Series. However, by popular demand, the board of directors brought him back under his own terms. Hence the role of Sheriff being used by Austin.

But what's the whole point of Austin using an ATV to enter the ring?

Yeah, but he's no longer co-GM because his team lost at Survivor Series. However, by popular demand, the board of directors brought him back under his own terms. Hence the role of Sheriff being used by Austin.

But what's the whole point of Austin using an ATV to enter the ring?

To make him look like a bigger dork than he already is.

can someone fill me in on the jericho/trish/christian situation? like from the beginning. i heard from a friend that its a pretty good angle/story. im not able to watch it here though, i only get smackdown. thanks!!

Your friend Lied to you. It's a really Dumb Angle that needs to die. They could have just started a Jericho/Christian feud with out all this love story crap.

Last Friday, the Outsiders wrestled at a UPW show in Anaheim, CA. They lost to UPW locals Tom Howard and Chris Daniels. After the match, Scott Hall got the mic and said that there wasn't enough money in the world to pull the Outsider's "fat asses" off the couch, but that they were "glad to come out any day to help some young guys trying to make a start." Kevin Nash put on the referee's shirt, but then he low-blowed Hall. Don't know what that was all about.

Check the pic below. Talk about out-of-shape:

post-26-1077910287_thumb.jpg

It's just too bad that Thomas Jane didn't sink that knife in any deeper when he was filming that fight scene in The Punisher. The world would be 1/2 of the way to being rid of those two has-beens. <_<

Still, there's hope for some kind of lethal "accident" on the set of Blade III.

Last night on RAW:

- Austin's ATV got impounded after he ran it over Vinnie Mac's limo.

- Another Undertaker promo. Yawn.

- Bischoff granted Molly Holly a rematch against Victoria for the Women's title at WrestleMania. However, Austin added a stipulation to it: if Molly loses the match, she loses her hair as well.

- Apparently, Randy Orton legitimately busted Mick Foley's left eye. Sure, Foley is Foley, but when you legitimately give your opponent a black eye like that, you don't belong anywhere near a ring. Just ask Jerry Sags of the Nasty Boys after he gave Scott Hall a dental check a few years ago.

- And finally, as predicted, the Rock & Sock Connection will reunite at WrestleMania to face Orton/Batista/Flair.

That's messed up, Orton needs to go and quick.

Sorry I don't remember this, but who comprised the Rock and Sock Connection?

Edit: Never mind, The Rock and Foley. Duh. :lol:

Edited by Anubis

RAW was yet another snooze fest. Not terrible but not real interesting either.

Like I predicted, Jericho vs Christian at WM 20. and Austin hasn't forgotten about the spear that Goldberg gave him. You watch at WM 20 Austin turn on Goldberg causing him to lose the match against Lesnar lol

The Rock being back...yawn

Victoria being the womens champ and womens matches in general... double yawn

Austin on his ATV... triple yawn

- Apparently, Randy Orton legitimately busted Mick Foley's left eye. Sure, Foley is Foley, but when you legitimately give your opponent a black eye like that, you don't belong anywhere near a ring.

How do you know that Foley and Orton didn't plan for that stiff punch? Foley did it before with Rock during that great PPV where he told Rock to keep hitting him with the chair until it busted his head open. After that, I don't think Foley would be prissy over a black eye. Not to mention Foley will gladly take a shot if he feels that it will greatly advance the buy in of the fans on an angle.