Robocop life size bust

"Your Move, Creep!!"

ROBOCOP's one of the great sci-fi movie series of my childhood.

to be honest, i was really much too young and innocent-minded for any of the films when they first saw

their theatrical debut, but my parents still ended up taking me to see the last two films, in 1990, and '93.

granted, the last two were not quite as over the top as the first movie, most especially the last one,

but ROBOCOP 1 is, IMHO, one of the last movies any sane parent would ever wish to take their six year old child to,(my age, back in 1987)

and a nine year old seeing something like ROBOCOP 2 in 1990 was not a terribly grand idea either, IMO, in retrospect.

nevertheless, thanks to my rather liberal-minded parents, i got to see some rather nasty cinema in my young childhood,

and none of it really actually bothered me at all back then, to be honest, as i was more than smart enough at the age to know full well that it was simply a movie,

so perhaps i'm being a wee bit conservative, considering the times.

at any rate, Alex Murphy's awesome, and the movies are good flicks for the not so faint of heart,

but BUSTS have never been my idea of great merchandise.

just my opinion, nevermind... ^_^

Edited by Shaorin

"Your Move, Creep!!"

ROBOCOP's one of the great sci-fi movie series of my childhood.

to be honest, i was really much too young and innocent-minded for any of the films when they first saw

their theatrical debut, but my parents still ended up taking me to see the last two films, in 1990, and '93.

granted, the last two were not quite as over the top as the first movie, most especially the last one,

but ROBOCOP 1 is, IMHO, one of the last movies any sane parent would ever wish to take their six year old child to,(my age, back in 1987)

and a nine year old seeing something like ROBOCOP 2 in 1990 was not a terribly grand idea either, IMO, in retrospect.

nevertheless, thanks to my rather liberal-minded parents, i got to see some rather nasty cinema in my young childhood,

and none of it really actually bothered me at all back then, to be honest, as i was more than smart enough at the age to know full well that it was simply a movie,

so perhaps i'm being a wee bit conservative, considering the times.

at any rate, Alex Murphy's awesome, and the movies are good flicks for the not so faint of heart,

but BUSTS have never been my idea of great merchandise.

just my opinion, nevermind... ^_^

QFT. I'm in the same boat, even the same age group, and I turned out alright. Of course, it wasn't until much later in life that I was able to see the movies, especially the first one, for the subversive expose on Corperate Life and corruption. Now that I see that for what it is, it makes it the quintessential cyberpunk flick :)

Also? "Come quietly, or there will be... trouble." :D

"I LIKE IT!!"

This looks like an update of what contributors are hoping Detroit will get: bronze Robocop statue

I'm a sponsor of that. Nearly $70K raised. It's going to happen and is on phase two now.

Waiting for my pin. :D

Also...

Serve the public trust.

Protect the innocent.

Uphold the law.

Edited by Gaijin