MW. Hong Kong Shopathon Jan 2004.

Sebastian

Thanks man! I'll think of you guys while I'm having a cocktail on a deserted beach island.. or maybe when I'm suffering the effects of a bad laksa. :p See you in Jan!

I will stay in the Kowloon Hotel, my full name is Sebastian Poli Lauzon in case anybody wants to contact me.

Nah, nobody wants to contact you. :p

We will all run away from you if we see you :lol:

Just joking.

Graham

He said when he was gonna meet me in the foyer of my hotel he was only going to wear his socks and underwear. So you may be less joking than you think! :p

Nah, nobody wants to contact you. 

We will all run away from you if we see you 

That's it! From now on you will be known as Dookoo!

He said when he was gonna meet me in the foyer of my hotel he was only going to wear his socks and underwear. So you may be less joking than you think! 

Hummmm maybe Dookoo Parkes is right after all. :huh:

This sounds like a rocking good time but I also miss my family back home... Such a dilema.

Miss mommy? :blink:

Edited by Sebastian

This sounds like a rocking good time but I also miss my family back home... Such a dilema.

Miss mommy? :blink:

I've spent Christmas with my family for each year of my life and yes, I will miss them and the rest of my relatives (big family) if I stay here. Hard to break tradition ya know?

But I do have my VF-1S and VF-1J FP equiped to sing xmas jingles with. :D

Hey Sebastian and Guppy,

What you guys going to do from the 5th to the 9th?

Leave some 1/48s for me...kekekke :lol::p

I will arriving on the 8th of Jan 2004, will go to my fiancee house first, help her pack her things, followed by a gathering with her friends, dinner, pub and so on. So if you guys are interested in meeting for a drink on the 8th evening, do give me a pm so that i can give you my contact number.

Have you guys decided on the time and place of meeting on the actual day itself?

Cheers

Guys, I will be free all day Fri, Sat & Sun 9th,10th & 11th January.

I may also be free on the evening of Thu 8th January, but I'm not sure yet.

Anyway, I suggest we all meet up on the morning of Friday 9th January for breakfast.

Sebastian, if possible can you update the name list to show which hotels people are staying at?

Graham

Guys, I will be free all day Fri, Sat & Sun 9th,10th & 11th January.

I may also be free on the evening of Thu 8th January, but I'm not sure yet.

Anyway, I suggest we all meet up on the morning of Friday 9th January for breakfast.

Sebastian, if possible can you update the name list to show which hotels people are staying at?

Graham

I will be staying at BP International Hotel

Hey Graham, i will later PM you my fiancee HP number as the date draws near so that we could remain in contact in case of emergencies.

Cheers

Hi guys! I have some infos for all of you who will visit HK soon. The current price for Yamato 1/48 VF-1J w/ FP is around HK$1,080. As I know, not too many stock left.

By the way, what else infos would you guys like to have, I will try my best to help. ;)

I do not know where some of the guys are staying. I will PM everybody and post here the updates.

Confirmed Members:

Graham. (his house)

Wingcomander. (Ramada Hotel)

Guppy. (Ramada Hotel)

DemonPlay. (Parents home)

Recon. (Ramada Hotel)

Lazyman. (his house)

Deadzone. (?)

Sebastian (Kowloon Hotel).

So we have 8 confirmed members, 3 wifes and one Baby.

Not 100% Sure:

VF-1S Alpha (YWCA)

Neova.

Xtoys (Tony).

Edited by Sebastian

I am pretty near the Ramada, I can pick up Wingcomander and Gup and head to anywhere you like to meet.

I think getting the breakfast toghether is a good Idea... it is damn expensive in the hotel.

But that is something my boss may not agree.

Damn lazy HK Hobby shop owners!!

Hey guys,

I wun be staying at BP International Hotel for the MW HK shopathon 2004, instead ill be residing at Ramada Hotel instead due to the hotel that i chose intially is unavailable for booking with my local travel agents. So Guppy you and i are in the same hotel, no worries i will bring you to the meeting place even if Sebastian doesnt come in his birthday suit to fetch ya. Just j/k :lol::p

Cheers

I didn't think the "masters" of this board would let me post a separate thank you note so I'm posting it here for Sebastian and all those who are going to meet him in the coming month.

Thanks again Sebastian for letting me sleep on the cold cold floor of your apartment. and for warning me that if I turned on the heater at night, the Chinese police will come and beat me to death. And for letting me use the used dishwater as a bathwater, it was really convenient as it already had all the soap. The bones that you picked up at the garbage dump were really good, they had a special flavor to it. :lol: J/K!!!!

Thank you very much Sebastian and family for letting me stay at your home for a few days. I swear I had the best sleep I had in China while I was at your place. You were very hospitable and your wife cooks some really good food, you really have to watch out because I think next year you will be 200KG!! Thanks for the talks about life and business etc while we were drunk, it's really the best time to talk aint it, cuz the next day you just remember EVERYTHING! :rolleyes: We will have to do it again next time I'm down...I will invade your new living quarters and be an ass again!

just so I'm not cmpletely off topic...Sebastian, I also asked if I could go to HK with you guys...and guess what?? My mom said sure! she said I could fly to HK and then back to Shanghai since I have to be back within a month anyway. But we'll need to see how much the plane tickets are...if it's too much, I probably won't go, but if it's not too much, I'll ask for the money saved and buy new toys to decorate my apartment in Shanghai. =) anyway, will let you know.

Thanks again man!

Hi everybody!! Just stopped into an internet cafe in Sukothai in north thailand. I was in bankok for 2 days and I have a really sore throat but it's an amazing if very dirty city. Since then have been travelling up to chang mai stopping in towns on the way. Not long to go now! I am saving as much as I can for HK. See you guys then! :)

I didn't think the "masters" of this board would let me post a separate thank you note so I'm posting it here for Sebastian and all those who are going to meet him in the coming month.

Thanks again Sebastian for letting me sleep on the cold cold floor of your apartment. and for warning me that if I turned on the heater at night, the Chinese police will come and beat me to death. And for letting me use the used dishwater as a bathwater, it was really convenient as it already had all the soap. The bones that you picked up at the garbage dump were really good, they had a special flavor to it. :lol: J/K!!!!

Thank you very much Sebastian and family for letting me stay at your home for a few days. I swear I had the best sleep I had in China while I was at your place. You were very hospitable and your wife cooks some really good food, you really have to watch out because I think next year you will be 200KG!! Thanks for the talks about life and business etc while we were drunk, it's really the best time to talk aint it, cuz the next day you just remember EVERYTHING! :rolleyes: We will have to do it again next time I'm down...I will invade your new living quarters and be an ass again!

just so I'm not cmpletely off topic...Sebastian, I also asked if I could go to HK with you guys...and guess what?? My mom said sure! she said I could fly to HK and then back to Shanghai since I have to be back within a month anyway. But we'll need to see how much the plane tickets are...if it's too much, I probably won't go, but if it's not too much, I'll ask for the money saved and buy new toys to decorate my apartment in Shanghai. =) anyway, will let you know.

Thanks again man!

Dan, man thanks a LOT for your note, It was MY pleasure to have you here.

But I still have nightmares about carring your totally drunk humanity all those stairs... :rolleyes:

Good thing is I did lost a lot of weight! LOL

GREAT NEWS you are comming to the Shopathon! Whoooo Hooooo! Now we only need to convince Tony and we will be all set!

D, you are wellcome here anytime you want.

Thanks for your kind words, I really appreciate them.

Sebastian.

Update!

Confirmed Members:

Graham. (his house)

Wingcomander. (Ramada Hotel)

Guppy. (Ramada Hotel)

DemonPlay. (Parents home)

Recon. (Ramada Hotel)

Lazyman. (his house)

Deadzone. (?)

Xtoys (Tony).

Sebastian (Kowloon Hotel).

So we have 9 confirmed members, 3 wifes and one Baby.

Not 100% Sure... COME ON GUYS! CONFIRM!!

VF-1S Alpha (YWCA)

Neova.

Edited by Sebastian

Hi everybody!! Just stopped into an internet cafe in Sukothai in north thailand. I was in bankok for 2 days and I have a really sore throat but it's an amazing if very dirty city. Since then have been travelling up to chang mai stopping in towns on the way. Not long to go now! I am saving as much as I can for HK. See you guys then! :)

:huh:

Guys, I don't want to spoil anything....

Latest news about the first SARS case in Taiwan, and the quarantine in Singapore...you guys somewhere in East Asia better be careful! Also there's the flu that's been hitting Europe, US, and Asia now...so do be careful!

If SARS hits again, it will be very problematic to travel around, which means maybe my customer will cancel their visit, so I can join the shopathon!

Paulo

Thats not a worry,

I will bring some face mask, some alcohol wipes as well as plenty of Vitamin C, anyways i got my flu jab..sort of acts as an additional protection for me. I feel the most important thing is self cleaniness and proper hygene....sort of wash your hands before every meal, avoid touching your face unless necessary...and so on...Hey Graham could survive it...why cant we?

Just enjoy yourself while you are in HK.

Cheers

OK Sebastian, I'm in for at least a day; probably the first day... seeing as now even Danny is going.

PS. I had a blast with you 2 drunken asses last week in Shanghai at Mao Ming Lu. You 2 might as well having been stripping & dancing on the tabletops. Shameless, both of you! =P

GET MY NAME RIGHT! It's "xstoys"!!!! :angry:

Nah! Xtoys... sounds the same as Xstoys... and I save time.

Hey! that was confidential stuff.. I may just satrt talking about you... :ph34r:

Tony, you know you have everything to loose. MUAAAAA HA HA HA. :lol:

COOL! now we also have TONY in the Shopathon! YEEEEEPEEEEE!!!!

See you there my friend! Let me know if you come to shanghai before your departure day!

sorry to spoil the fun, but I can't make it. I won't be going to China again until the 10th, and that's already a set date. too bad cuz I was already set on going to HK with you guys. oh well, guess I won't be gettin any new toys over there. good thing I still have 2 more weeks to go and check out frank and sons. =)

Good news guys,

1/60 Millia Q-rau is predicted for the earliest a January release, cross your fingers and hope that nothing delays this release if you are intending to get one, otherwise it wun be available for purchase in Jan during the MW HK Shopathon.

Hope to see you guys soon, 1 1/2 weeks to go before actual event

Cheers

Hi boys!

This is the tentative Schedule made by G-man.

Any other oppinions are wellcome!

Day 1 Friday (Kowloon side)

Meet for ealy lunch.

Prince Edward: Japanese Hobby magazines & art books - open at around 1pm.

Mong Kok: Several Branches of Animate & Kanto Hobby + Superman Toys & Antshop - open around 1pm.

Mong Kok: Sino Centre anime DVD shops - open at around 1pm.

Mong Kok: 111 Richmond Center - most shops don't open until about 6pm.

Sham Shiu Po, if anybody is interested for copy software.

Tsuen Wan (good toy shop there) if we have time. (I rather skip the software and hit Tsuen Wan)

Dinner + drinks. :ph34r:

Day 2 Saturday (HK Island Side)

Meet for lunch

Travel to HK Side

Visit Sogo - Toys & Books

Visit Causeway Bay Center + a few other nearby shops.

Visit 188 Center in Wanchai

Dinner + drinks. :ph34r:

Day 3 Sunday

Not decided yet.

Soon I will post and PM all the members the meeting Info.

NEXT WEEK! YES!