SOC GX-57 Space Battleship Yamato Review

Kyp Durron

DAMN IT!!!!!! I just noticed that the forward little antenna on the bottom of my BPX fell off and I can't find it anywhere!!!! Anyone have any resin skills and could possibly cast a copy. This is really going to limit the resale value now!!! Frak! :angry:

Chris

Hey everybody. I'm a newbie at Yamato collecting and been wanting to get a good Yamato toy/kit from a few years now, so I have two questions:

I love the GX-57, but it lacks folding wings, rights? You have to put them in and out unlike the BPX? And which kit is better overall? The 2007 1/350 of the New 1/500?

Thanks a million!

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Yes, the GX 57 lacks the folding wings, see my review and UN Spacy's review. The 1/350 is very big and very complex to put together. The 1/500 is much easier to built and can be built with minimal painting. I posted a picture of it and the 1/500 on page two of this thread. The only thing I did to the 1/500 is mix paint to cover up the sprue marks and panel line it with a GM02 Gundam marker.

-Kyp

i'd be cool to get them all in scale with each other.

I'd love to have a sci-fi fleet of the Macross, Yamato, Galactica, an Entrprise or 3 and some SW cap ships.

It would be cool to see a video game much like Destiny Warriors Gundam but with Capital ships. Who would win in a face off. Both have huge cannons. Both have a beam weapon with massive capacity for destruction

i'd be cool to get them all in scale with each other.

I'd love to have a sci-fi fleet of the Macross, Yamato, Galactica, an Entrprise or 3 and some SW cap ships.

dude, can you imagine how large a star destroyer would have to be in order to be in scale with a reasonably sized Yamato? :wacko:

Conversely a Yamato in scale with a reasonably sized star destroyer would probably be the size of a AA battery.

dude, can you imagine how large a star destroyer would have to be in order to be in scale with a reasonably sized Yamato? :wacko:

Conversely a Yamato in scale with a reasonably sized star destroyer would probably be the size of a AA battery.

regular star destroyers aren't that much longer than the SDF-1. 1600m versus 1210. And a 1/300 scale Yamato would be small, but still longer than an ARMD so there's still plenty of space for details.

The Executer on the other hand... ^_^

AmiAmi is showing the GX-58 Andromeda as shipping in April instead of February. <_<

-Kyp

My wallet just breathed a sigh of relief, after the GX-57 and SDF-1 this delay is greatly appreciated.

AmiAmi is showing the GX-58 Andromeda as shipping in April instead of February. <_<

-Kyp

Thank the Universe

I have spent 1200 dollars in the last 2 months bleh.. I have buried my wallet. May it rest in peace

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FRAK.

AmiAmi just requested payment.

Payment method: PayPal

Shipping method: EMS

Shipping Fee: 4840

TOTAL: 22970JPY

Kyp do you wanna start another thread or keep it all in here?

• 4 weeks later...