Beta fighter???

1 VF-1 2NV

Not really rare. Considering it is completly mislabled. That is the ORGUSS from the animation Orguss. They were made by takatoku I believe. Depending on the scale they can get really expensive. But that one looks like the small version and without a box.

Definately not a tread or Beta.

Its a bit difficult to tell from the size of the image, but it looks like its actually one of the large 1/40 scale Orguss Orgoids ( and as Rob has said, nothing to do with Robotech whatsoever ). I have one on top of my PC as I type this, but like I say, it is a bit hard to tell from the image and I'm going by certain design traits.

Going by my experience in Tokyo, they're not that rare a sight in second-hand toy shops, and in fact I found them more common than some original 1/55 Valkyries. There is a colour variation, slightly different design, the Olsen Special, which is much rarer and can fetch up to three or four times the price, but the standard version is, at least in Japan, not as rare as this guy makes out.

I forgot to mention - if it is a 1/40 scale Orguss Orgoid, they're pretty nice toys... but going by all the other mis-information in this auction, I think I'd be inclined to look elsewhere for one...

( being charitable, it is possible the seller themselves doesn't know the history and thinks it is a Beta, but... )

as far as i know, it wasn't totally unrelated to robotech (as opposed to macross). i remember that they were tied in with the series i watched in the 80's (in the philippines). i think they spliced some footage of orguss into the macross saga to basically lengthen the series or something... the orguss was treated as the enemy related to the zentraedi somehow. my memory's a bit fuzzy, but there were definitely orguss toys labelled as macross toys. not sure whether they were licensed, semi-official or totally bootlegged items (i remember bootleg vf 1's which were like 90% die-cast were popular at the time as they sold for 1/5 the price of original takatoku's)...

as far as i know, it wasn't totally unrelated to robotech (as opposed to macross). i remember that they were tied in with the series i watched in the 80's (in the philippines). i think they spliced some footage of orguss into the macross saga to basically lengthen the series or something... the orguss was treated as the enemy related to the zentraedi somehow. my memory's a bit fuzzy, but there were definitely orguss toys labelled as macross toys. not sure whether they were licensed, semi-official or totally bootlegged items (i remember bootleg vf 1's which were like 90% die-cast were popular at the time as they sold for 1/5 the price of original takatoku's)...

The only Orguss item I've ever seen connected to Robotech in any way was this one: an Orguss model kit released in the U.S. by Revell as a Robotech kit (they called it Nebo).

nebo.jpg

Edited by Draykov

An Orguss shows up in Macross (DYRL I think) for about 1.5 seconds. Basiclally it's standing on the SDF-1 firing at Zentradi likke you're standard destroid. It's shield is on the wrong arm, which prompted a joke that it must have been reveresed when it crossed over to our dimension.

Lots of Macross folks worked on Orguss so it was probably an inside joke, like the pepsi and budweiser cans hidden in the missle swarms.

An Orguss shows up in Macross (DYRL I think) for about 1.5 seconds. Basiclally it's standing on the SDF-1 firing at Zentradi likke you're standard destroid. It's shield is on the wrong arm, which prompted a joke that it must have been reveresed when it crossed over to our dimension.

Lots of Macross folks worked on Orguss so it was probably an inside joke, like the pepsi and budweiser cans hidden in the missle swarms.

Can't forget Captain Harlock's ship Either!

the lineart shows the orguss valkyrie with a single booster and arm armor on it.

it would actually be a pretty interesting custom. vf1x did one with just a headwap and baraphanges did a nice non trans one from model kits and scrathbuilt parts.

orguss is a really underappreicated series and toyline. check it out =D