BUSTED!

ae_productions

Nope not yet, but i did show her this thread and she laughed and said "honey that is so you and I wouldn't be surprised if I came home and you were going pew pew pew...shoo shoo shoo." She did catch me taking pictures of a few things and got mad that I used her blanket as a backdrop LOL

I wonder what goes through a womens head when she sees you guys play with your toys.

Must go something like this

"Geez I cant believe I married him"

or

"and I allowed him to penetrate me"

or

"dammit I knew I shouldnt have broken up with the dentist"

or

"I wish he'd grow up and buy me an LV, just smile just smile"

:lol:

I wonder what goes through a womens head when she sees you guys play with your toys.

Must go something like this

"Geez I cant believe I married him"

or

"and I allowed him to penetrate me"

or

"dammit I knew I shouldnt have broken up with the dentist"

or

"I wish he'd grow up and buy me an LV, just smile just smile"

:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Haha that gave me a right chuckle, Snail. My fiancée looked at me funny when I slipped in a dozen photos I took of my valks when we ordered some to be printed online. I guess it's not really ok to do that when they are engagement photos in question. :wacko:

My sister walked in on me as I was repositioning my VF's after dusting out my bookshelf, and said having fun playing with your toy's. Of course that was the last straw for me when she said that, and I chased her out my room.

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

My sister walked in on me as I was repositioning my VF's after dusting out my bookshelf, and said having fun playing with your toy's. Of course that was the last straw for me when she said that, and I chased her out my room.

Tell me you used the valks to kick her out and followed her all day BUZZING her doing bomb runs and high-speed passes. :p:D :D :blink::lol: :lol:

That's what I do when my family bugs me, crank up the Mac Plus OST and launch sorties to harass the locals. . . B))

After about 20 min, "Dad stop bothering MEEEE!!!!!!", and all is well then I go back to my room and the house secure. B)):lol:

• 4 weeks later...

One of my fellow jurors was a Robotech fan so I brought a VF to show her in the waiting room. When the bailiff came in to see us, his face lit up and he exclaimed, "Is that ROBOTECH?!?!" One of the other jurors rolled his eyes.

I tell ya there are so many of us fans in the wings your head would explode.

I've been driving comercially for 3 years now and I've passed a lot of people (male and female fans), across the country with the UNSPACY kite or liscence plate on their car.

I've even seen it on a semi or two,

I take a couple Yamatos to fight off boredom when I'm on the road.

;)

My VF-11C was dusty ,so I dusted it off,and talked to it jokingly-"who,s a pretty Valk..it,s you..YES you are" and kissed it on the nose.

I turned around and my wide eyed mother backed away slowly.

2 days later I was set up on a blind date..I think the two are connected!!

Not turned on in anyway by the look of my date.about 10mins into the pre-drinks before dinner I mention that I clean my toys,talk to them and kiss them.

1/2 hr later we wrap thing up paying dutch!!

My VF-11C was dusty ,so I dusted it off,and talked to it jokingly-"who,s a pretty Valk..it,s you..YES you are" and kissed it on the nose.

I turned around and my wide eyed mother backed away slowly.

2 days later I was set up on a blind date..I think the two are connected!!

Not turned on in anyway by the look of my date.about 10mins into the pre-drinks before dinner I mention that I clean my toys,talk to them and kiss them.

1/2 hr later we wrap thing up paying dutch!!

LMAO!!!!! Ohh man....that made my day. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some ladies just can't handle the goodness bro, :rolleyes: it shall pass.

They just need to see that if we are willing to go all out for a hobby, then taking care of them should be a piece of cake.

:ph34r: So long as they don't dip in to the Valk-fund too much then all is well. :ph34r:

Or mabye she was a Gundam fan. . . :lol::D:p:lol:

I tell ya there are so many of us fans in the wings your head would explode.

I've been driving comercially for 3 years now and I've passed a lot of people (male and female fans), across the country with the UNSPACY kite or liscence plate on their car.

I've even seen it on a semi or two,

I take a couple Yamatos to fight off boredom when I'm on the road.

;)

That's very cool.

That's very cool.

Yeah I had a passing thought of posting pics with my Valks across the country.

Ya know like the traveling yard gnome, but I realized I don't get to stop as often as I'd like.

Maybe next summer I'll give it a try, we'll see.

"VF Trucker zig-zaging across the USA"

One of my fellow jurors was a Robotech fan so I brought a VF to show her in the waiting room. When the bailiff came in to see us, his face lit up and he exclaimed, "Is that ROBOTECH?!?!" One of the other jurors rolled his eyes.

Obviously he is a Macross fan to roll eyes upon hearing Robotech.

Nothing like having to "learn" a Robotech fan about Macross!:lol:

I keep most of my valks with me at work. Nothing re-leaves the stress/boredom like transforming a Macross toy.^_^ Supervisor sites 2 cublicle down from me so I have to be careful somedays while I "admire" my collection.

There is a lot of Robotech hate here. And it is NOT necessary. Robotech and Macross are two separate unrelated intellectual properties.

Macross fans can HATE Robotech all they want. But without Robotech, Macross would not have the international fan base it enjoys today. Without this international following, there would be a much smaller primary and secondary markets for merchandise and yes, even new shows. I'm not saying there would NOT be international Macross fans, but Robotech did introduce many of it's western audience to the joys of eastern animation and storytelling.

Edited by ae_productions

There is a lot of Robotech hate here. And it is NOT necessary. Robotech and Macross are two separate unrelated intellectual properties.

Macross fans can HATE Robotech all they want. But without Robotech, Macross would not have the international fan base it enjoys today. Without this international following, there would be a much smaller primary and secondary markets for merchandise and yes, even new shows. I'm not saying there would NOT be international Macross fans, but Robotech did introduce many of it's western audience to the joys of eastern animation and storytelling.

I get where you're coming from, and while its a good standpoint. . . . .

IMHO, I don't think it a real deep seated hate for Robotech per se as much as it is a disdain for HG and their past practices.

I don't hate Robotech at all, like you said it was my entryway to Macross as a whole.

So it holds a place in my "fandom" also. . .

Which reminds me of another time I got busted onboard my first ship in the Navy the Independence (CV-62).

Went out in Yokohama, found a toy/model store bought a few old school Bandai kits.

Got back to the quarterdeck and had to have my bag checked, and surprise, surprise the OOD cracked up when he saw them and called them F-14 rip-offs.

Left me mortified, so when I finished the first one caught up to him after a GQ drill and showed him on the mess decks what it did.

He laughed again and called me crazy, but he did say he could see the attraction to it since it did look almost plausable.

Edited by DARKWIND

well i guess the best excuse would be

"what! at least im not wearing your underwear and choking my self while masturbating to naked pictures of women"

well I guess we all know how you spend your weekends now. (not that we wanted to :wacko: )

I don't "hate" Robotech either but like Darkwind said I think allot of people here are turned off by what Harmony Gold has done in the past.

I do have to admit that once I learned that Robotech was 3 different animes bastardized into one cartoon it did kind of ruin it for me. I still like Robotech (that opening orchestral theme is still epic for me) from a nostalga point of view but once I watched the original Macross and Macross Plus I was converted to the house that Kawamori built.

Nevermind that I never did understand HG's whole protoculture thing. I'll take Yak Deculture! any day, at least the J-Pop's catchy.

Edited by logos

Yeah Logos you're on the right track,

but when I found out about it being 3 different shows it compelled me to find the originals.

I don't know why but I always had the feeling that it was put together kind of odd.

Not so much badly just odd.

I think it might have been the whole Southern Cross saga set up.

I mean after all the fighting they did in space they shift to tanks, not so cool looking gerwalk/half jets and odd looking helos that can fly in space?

Don't get me wrong if you watch SDC Southern Cross (original anime) on its own it can be interesting, but very dry.

:unsure:<_<

Yup. I use to live in Los Angeles. There was this store called PUZZLE ZOO on the 3rd Street. Anyhow, I remember talking to one of the employees there. They use to carry Yamato Valks, and all of a sudden stopped. I asked them why, and he told me HG threatened legal action against them for carrying "non licensed Robotech products," since it was being sold in the USA and NOT endorsed by HG, who owns the rights to Macross distribution in the USA.

THAT is a bunch of BS.

DARKWIND, that is cool that you got to travel the world like that. I would do almost anything to visit Japan, but my wife is afraid how much money I'd spend! :)

That is a great busted moment!

Yeah stationed there for 11yrs it was pretty sweet but I didn't really get where I was til my second year.

It was like, an epiphany "DOH" :blink: YOU'RE IN JAPAN YOU BONEHEAD!!!

Then I started buying all kinds of toys, really taking notice of the land, food, alcohol and most importantly. . . .

THE WOMEN!!!

Love those women.

Hell I'm still with my girlfriend/wife of 15+ years. (Most of my friends mariages didn't quite make it that long.)

We just know where we both stand and take good care of each other.

She lives like a cat (cute and sleeping most of the day :lol:).

Hits the stores for antiques and such, sells some of the trinkets on ebay/yahoo japan.

Me I'm a trucker now so I buy when I can and spend time with her and kids when I get home.

Yeah stationed there for 11yrs it was pretty sweet but I didn't really get where I was til my second year.

It was like, an epiphany "DOH" :blink: YOU'RE IN JAPAN YOU BONEHEAD!!!

Then I started buying all kinds of toys, really taking notice of the land, food, alcohol and most importantly. . . .

THE WOMEN!!!

Love those women.

Hell I'm still with my girlfriend/wife of 15+ years. (Most of my friends mariages didn't quite make it that long.)

We just know where we both stand and take good care of each other.

She lives like a cat (cute and sleeping most of the day :lol:).

Hits the stores for antiques and such, sells some of the trinkets on ebay/yahoo japan.

Me I'm a trucker now so I buy when I can and spend time with her and kids when I get home.

Man, that's just awesome. Good for you!

I know what you mean about marriages. Most of my pals get married, and a year or two tops, then they're divorced.

I've been married for over 2 years, but we dated about 5 years before that. It feels great to live with someone who just appreciates you. And your Macross/Mospdeada collecting. :) Even if they don't fully get it.

Yeah she knew I was "Otaku" material when we started dating.

Back in the day, Japan had some of the most kick-ass aracdes.

We would spend my duty-free weekends just walking around Shibuya, Shinjuku, Harajuku.

Or catch a train back over to Yokohama just wondering around grabbing a bite at Seven/11, and just hang out in the parks.

I miss those days.

I'd find a new place and play a few games then move on, all the while she's cheering me on. :D

Then we moved in together and she saw my toys, and soon after she bought me a Sega Saturn.

At that point I knew I was "whipped" :lol: , that and the week we spent in Okinawa for our birthdays (both 5 days apart).

She was SO damn hot in that bikini and those tanlines when she took it off. . . B)). (FULL BRAZILLIAN!!!!!)

Good times. . . . ;):D :D

Sorta on topic. . .

I've busted her sleeping with her teddy bears, Totoro and Pingu a lot over the years. :lol::p:lol::D:lol:

Also the time I bought her a ton of Coach bags, she let out a schoolgirl squeal that was tooo cute. :lol:

She loves those bags, I caught her checking/trying them out with different outfits and scared her to death. :D