Alien Anthology Blu-ray Oct 26th

Blu-ray set? Yeah I'll "bite," since I don't have any problem with Alien3, a reasonable progression of the Alien story, or Alien 4, which was....well, I enjoyed what they did with Ripley in that movie. I realize that not having Space Marines, smart guns, pulse rifles and bulls**t tech makes 3 and 4 complete failures to most, but I couldn't care less. I'm in it for the xenomorphs and the human bloodbath they cause...

Edited by myk

If anyone is at Comic-con this weekend

https://webportal.orderwave.com/CC2010/portal.0?action=page&content=Page7

EXCLUSIVE COMICON PRE-ORDER AND PRICING!

Only $149.99 For the Limited Edition Collection! A 33% SAVINGS!

ON BLU-RAY EVERYONE WILL HEAR YOU SCREAM

THIS ALIEN ANTHOLOGY LIMITED-EDITION COLLECTOR’S SET FEATURES “THE GUARDIAN” — AN EXCLUSIVE ILLUMINATED* STATUE SCULPTED BY SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES® THAT PROTECTS THE PRECIOUS DISC CARGO HOUSED WITHIN. BRACE YOURSELF FOR A WHOLE NEW BREED OF BLU-RAY: FOUR POWERFUL FILMS...EIGHT THRILLING VERSIONS...IN DAZZLING, TERRIFYING, HIGH-DEF CLARITY WITH THE PUREST DIGITAL SOUND ON THE PLANET. OVER 50 HOURS OF ARCHIVAL AND NEW, NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN CONTENT, MANAGED BY THE TOTALLY IMMERSIVE MU-TH-UR MODE FEATURE, MAKES THIS THE DEFINITIVE ALIEN COLLECTION!

Alien_egg_small.jpg

Blu-ray set? Yeah I'll "bite," since I don't have any problem with Alien3, a reasonable progression of the Alien story, or Alien 4, which was....well, I enjoyed what they did with Ripley in that movie. I realize that not having Space Marines, smart guns, pulse rifles and bulls**t tech makes 3 and 4 complete failures to most, but I couldn't care less. I'm in it for the xenomorphs and the human bloodbath they cause...

Think you entirely missed the point of what everyone said, but have fun with that.

Ugh. Alien 3 was Sigourney Weaver's first attempt to kill the Ripley character. Not only that, but it was a poor mockery of Ridley Scott's original film. I wasn't aware of half of the information in this thread, and I adore Weaver as an actress, but I agree with the sentiment that the Alien franchise is not about Ellen Ripley. Writers should be introducing more characters to the universe. I'm excited to see what Scott is going to do now that he is showing interest in this stuff again. But Cameron is also interested in working on another Alien film? Wow.

Right.. There are only two alien movies. Look at that, we agree on something.

What?! You didn't like the clone Ripley making sweet sweet love to the alien and spawning a freakishly weird (even by alien standards) alien human hybrid that only wanted the love and approval of it's parents?

What?! You didn't like the clone Ripley making sweet sweet love to the alien and spawning a freakishly weird (even by alien standards) alien human hybrid that only wanted the love and approval of it's parents?

I thought that was the best out of the series. When Ripley's crew won't let her stay with the Alien she truly loves, and the Alien keeps its promise to her and rebuilds that house by the shore and then Ripley sees the house on the holo-vid and realizes she still loves the Alien, and then, and then, she gets Alzheimer's and can't remember her own little alien human hybrid baby and flushes it out of a tiny hole in the ships hull? That scene was so sad and touching.

No, it was disturbing and utter nightmare fuel.

I can't understand why they tried to work it so that we had sympathy for that fucking stupid murderous mutant. Probably the lowest point of the entire film series.

I personally thing that this scene from "Fire in the Sky" (an otherwise crap film) is one of the best examples of a filmed "nightmare".

You will especially understand if you have ever suffered from Sleep Paralysis.

Taksraven

• 9 months later...

Gentlemen, the time has finally come. May 10th will finally see the release of Alien & Aliens on bluray. Finally a release for those of who who don't want all that extra crap included in the Anthology set.

Gentlemen, the time has finally come. May 10th will finally see the release of Alien & Aliens on bluray. Finally a release for those of who who don't want all that extra crap included in the Anthology set.

Or the cost of the set. So has anyone seen the movies on blu-ray? How do they look?

Pretty sure each disc should have branching versions of the movies.

I own the Box-Set Blu-Rays. They do. Outstanding box set. Extra discs are very well done. More than you EVER wanted to know about all the movies. The transfer of all of the movies is mind-blowing. Buy it.

You know, I got this set for Christmas and still have yet to put any of them in the Bluray player....I should probably remedy that.

Also, are there additional bonus features over the old Quadrilogy that was released on DVD? Because I think I watched every minute of those (I love that kinda stuff) so if they included even more that'd be awesome.

I avoided getting the box sets only because I've spent so much on these movies already. The VHS version, the extended VHS, DVD, SE DVDs and even then I only bought the first 2 movies not any of 3, 4 or the Aliens vs. Predators. I told myself that I'm gonna wait for the next leap in technology. But then a friend lent me the set and it's so gorgeous that I decided that I'm going to give in and get the br of Alien and and Aliens. Not soon, but maybe just before Prometheus comes out.

There's a lot of extras not included in previous versions. Some parts about Stan Winston that just makes me appreciate and miss him more.

About the transfer, it is really done well, but it's so well done that you can tell when certain scenes are shot with either different lenses or film stocks, like the scene where Ripley and the Alien Queen first face off. The shots where you see the queen are really clear and the shots of Ripley are really grainy.

But the film look is preserved. It's not too cleaned up to where things start to look like video, which really annoys me.

So come Prometheus time, I'll be having an Alien/Aliens screening with the bluray versions for sure. I'll be the geek sitting with my Hot Toys Power Loader and my Aoshima diecast drop ships.

I just really don't like that slip the disc into the page sleeve they sued for the full set. It would have killed them to use an actual hubbed case like the UK version. The only th ing we really miss by not picking up the full release, are two bonus disc's of extra doc's & such.

That's one reason why I'm going to wait. I'm not going to buy it and then have them release a deluxe version of of the individual movies. I'm just glad that fans that want it don't have to wait years before releasing it though. I mean, where the hell is Raiders? This is the 30th anniversary and still no announcement. (is there?) Everytime they release it the new format is announced. The VHS THX remaster was released and I already had a DVD player. The Indiana Jones DVDs were released in 2003 and blurays/HD DVDs were out by 2005/2006.

That's one reason why I'm going to wait. I'm not going to buy it and then have them release a deluxe version of of the individual movies. I'm just glad that fans that want it don't have to wait years before releasing it though. I mean, where the hell is Raiders? This is the 30th anniversary and still no announcement. (is there?) Everytime they release it the new format is announced. The VHS THX remaster was released and I already had a DVD player. The Indiana Jones DVDs were released in 2003 and blurays/HD DVDs were out by 2005/2006.

I doubt any more of a deluxe release can be expected on bluray for Alien/Aliens, since the Anthology is already out there. Wouldn't make sense to include those extra bonus disc's with each version of the movie, when there's already a premium option out there. As for Raiders, you should be glad we're getting Star Wars as quickly as we are. Hell, I probably still won't believe it even when I have the box set in my hands. While sure, in theory, Lucasfilm should be able to handle the release of more than one major movie series at a ttime, bu tas we all know, they obviously can't. I'm sure it'll happen not long after SW though.