Thanks for saving the Frontier threads

isamu

I wanna say thank you to Shawn and Graham for archiving all the Macross Frontier threads from the old forum. After the server move, I realized they're not here in this section anymore and started to panic :D Please don't EVER delete those threads. As someone who has JUST completed watching Frontier for the first time ever, I can now go indulge myself now and start catching up on all the old frontier threads. Can't wait to see what you guys thought of it :)

Yeah, I'm gonna check them out. Don't know which one to start with though. There's like a gazillion of them. Macross Frontier news thread part I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, etc etc...damn! :p

For the record, I thought the show was nothing short of spectacular and magnificent. The *only* issue(albeit small) I have is that I'm not to fond of Risa Ebata's Character designs. When I think of Macross, I instantly imagine Mikimoto or Masayuki designs. It kinda took me out of the "universe" if you will. But other than that. Very well done and worth the wait.

Has Kawamori-san indicated that he is working on or at least planning some sort of continuation of Frontier? I want more, dammit!

Well, if you've just watched the series, I'd do the episode-specific threads.

Here's the one for ep 4, which has links to all the previous ones: http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=25872

PS--remember, the first couple pages of any ep-specific thread will be the people who watched it live, raw. Subs came later!

What?! It has been almost 2 years since the Frontier series ended? Damn... time flies.... and we are all literally getting old from waiting for more Macross goodness.... and HG to die...

Edited by BlueMax

Has Kawamori-san indicated that he is working on or at least planning some sort of continuation of Frontier? I want more, dammit!

Two movies, the first of which came out last november, you can find more in the relevant news thread.

Yeah, you've got a great time capsule for changing opinions and so forth. I still wish I'd recorded my thoughts pre-Star Date. Those conversations still haunt me to this day (at least the more negative ones). :lol: I'm just now getting over it. Watching a series a week at a time with discussion inbetween is so different from one fell swoop. i know that just from the minor rewatching I did over the weekend.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

Yeah, you've got a great time capsule for changing opinions and so forth. I still wish I'd recorded my thoughts pre-Star Date. Those conversations still haunt me to this day (at least the more negative ones). :lol: I'm just now getting over it. Watching a series a week at a time with discussion inbetween is so different from one fell swoop. i know that just from the minor rewatching I did over the weekend.

That is precisely why I didn't watch it along with you guys. I can tell you right now, that it would have been extremely painful having to wait a week or so inbetween episodes. While watching Frontier in one back to back session, at the end of each episode all I could think was "Thank God I will find out what's going to happen next...right now!". Hell, I'm going through Frontier withdrawal already! That's how much I want more.

True, but one tends to get more attached to a show built over the course of a year. marathon it, and it's done. Out of your life in less than a week. Like how new BSG fans will never understand how we had to wait months wondering if such and such lived. It lets you develop things in your own mind. To question motives and directions and so forth. You lose the anticipation, and each episode is less of an event. There's merits to both ways, and I may have wound up loving Sheryl more had I not spent weeks wondering about her and Alto at times, and other characters might've seemed more present, but I wouldn't exchange it for the world. So it really all depends. I used to watch shows I bought one episode at a time to let them last. Heck, I'd say the Code Geass community was what salvaged all the turmoil R2 gave us. Though I marathon plenty of shows if i fall behind. It all depends on how into them I am.

Though don't take my word for it. Read the pages of chaos and speculation. There's some gems in there, especially after the fact.

Ah...those were the days... Having to spoiler-tag everything... A bunch of people expecting the Megaroad-01 to show up... the WTF-1 debate... Good times, good times.

Yeah, for me the WFT-1 first appearance was the single most shocking/jaw-dropping moment in any Macross series for me. (I suspect that it was for a few others too) Pity that the explanation of the ship was ultimately anti-climatic and then it was trashed anyway. D'oh!

For me, it was my earliest days posting on these forums and a great way to join. (I had been lurking for a number of years) It was soooo good to watch a Macross series as it went to air in Japan and then be able to talk to a generally intelligent bunch of people about it.

I miss posting on this "side" of the forums, but it is generally not as interesting to me at the moment.

BTW, when is the Frontier film coming out on DVD??

Taksraven