For all your Family Guy fans

GreenGuy42

I think the whole Fox network should be 'cancelled' for canning Family Guy in the first place (AND Futurama, AND Andy Richter). Maybe King of the Hill will finally die by 2005 and open up a prime spot for Family Guy.

I saw that in the USA Today paper a few days back... I hope it is Cartoon Network that revamps the show and gets the new episodes, after all they are the ones that ponied up and aired the show again while the DVDs came out... They had the kehonies to air the "Wienstien" episode (which is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be), they seem to have dedication to their show lineup and they seem to at least give their shows the propper respect and scheduling they deserve.

I agree about Cartoon Network. When Fox first aired Family Guy, they moved it around so much that I didn't know when it was on. These days, Fox seems too occupied by stupid reality shows. Family Guy just doesn't seem to fit in. Cartoon Network already has tons of crazy shows and helped bring back Family Guy. They should get the new shows.

I also agree that the Weinstein episode was not that bad. The worst I remember was when Quadmire was fishing for his keys in his pants for like a whole minute. All that Jew stuff was way over the top and obvious it was not intended to be taken seriously.

"Perhaps we should exchange mono-syllabic expressions of arrogance in person..."

Great news, I've been watching this regularly since it came back on the air.

Ditto on the Weinstein ep, but its similar to the banned Seinfeld episode where Kramer accidently burned a Puerto Rican flag. It was pretty funny, a bit of physical comedy but everyone blew it way out of proportion.

that is some hella good news! Anything about futurama? I love those shows even more now that they show it on cartoon network. Some funny shtuff! :p:D:lol:

Basically, Peter hires a Jewish accountant to balance his family's checkbook after hearing such praise from his friends. He sings a show tune praying to God to find him a Jew, and hilarity ensues.

And didn't a few of the earlier episodes got cut out of the DVD boxes?

Personally, I'm waiting for the PJ's. But that's just me.

Edited by JRock

I dont see why anyone would make a big deal out of the Wienstein episode. Jews are funny! Thats why seinfeld was so popular.

-BEN-MAN-

I dont see why anyone would make a big deal out of the Wienstein episode. Jews are funny! Thats why seinfeld was so popular.

-BEN-MAN-

To me, Seinfeld isn't funny.

This is my opinion and it contains no intentions of ill will towards anybody.

-BEN-MAN-

To me, Seinfeld isn't funny.

This is my opinion and it contains no intentions of ill will towards anybody.

you know, i never saw the big deal about it either. just a matter of preference, i guess.

Basically, Peter hires a Jewish accountant to balance his family's checkbook after hearing such praise from his friends. He sings a show tune praying to God to find him a Jew, and hilarity ensues.

And didn't a few of the earlier episodes got cut out of the DVD boxes?

Personally, I'm waiting for the PJ's. But that's just me.

Isn't Optimus Prime in that episode? :lol:

... so is Mark Hamill voicing himself as Luke Skywalker performing laser eye surgery under the guidance of a very unhappy Obiwan.

I think everyone's "upset" with that episode because unlike Sienfeld that episode went one step further than your typical "Jewish humor" jokes and strayed into the realm of religious stereotyping. They took a few jokes just a wee bit too far for some people's tastes. While IMHO they did nothing that most Jewish comedians have not done or said time and time again but I think in the context they presented it in it came off in a bit poor of taste for some. In the case of Sienfeld (and at the risk of sounding bad myself) I think the Fox Executives saw it as matter of "only -blank- people can tell jokes about -blank- people"... Fill in the blank with any religious, racial or sexual joke you want as they are all true in the eyes of TV executives... and Family Guy was not a jewish show so they saw it as potentially hostile and canned it.

The decision was more PC than being based on what the actual content of the show was in my mind and you have to sort of agree with them on that.

Hey, I dont think seinfeld is funny /at all/. I merely was statin what a good number of people think.

Seinfeld is a whiny idiot who reminds me of the kids I used to want to thrash in elementary school.

George has no redeeming value whatsoever, and because of that, he's kind of enjoyable to watch.

Elaine annoys the living hell out of me. Shes just sooo... "That woman that I would never ever ever date."

Kramer is pretty damn funny though.

A lot of people that act like seinfeld really freaking bug me. "But she ate her peas /one at a time/!". And just the entire way he talks, and how high pitched he gets, and all those annoying expressions he makes, he really comes off as nothing more than a total moron who somehow landed a job at NBC.

Family Guy is about 10 Thousand Kilos of Funny, Funnier than seinfeld. But thats just my expert oppinion, hehe.

-BEN-MAN-