Not sure... VF-32???

Starscream

I've had this pic on my laptop for well over a year and I still haven't figured out where it came from. Either I'm going to feel like an idiot, or I might have actually found something. Clearly based on the F-16C, WHERE did this come from? And if anyone knows, are there any more sketches/images of it...??? It's been nagging at me for some time now.

post-8055-127610415837_thumb.jpg

Whatever that is it is a wicked sweet bird! I want a transforming figure of that for sure!

Ditto, would love to have a single engine valk. Could be a light fighter counterpart to the VF-19 B)) In fact I bought an ROTF deluxe Thrust figure to customize for this purpose.

95% sure a member on here came up with that about 5.5 billion years ago.

OK, probably not that long ago but that's how it feels sometimes.

In all seriousness, I definitely remember seeing that on these forums sometime around Mac0 coming out, so 2002-3-ish? But I could be wrong.

Given that one of the pics shows NUNS emblems and the design itself seems to take several design cues from the VF-25 (the style of vents on the wing root guns for example), it has to be far newer, i.e. from around the time of Frontier or post-Frontier, as the NUNS logo didn't exist until Frontier came out.

Graham

95% sure a member on here came up with that about 5.5 billion years ago.

OK, probably not that long ago but that's how it feels sometimes.

In all seriousness, I definitely remember seeing that on these forums sometime around Mac0 coming out, so 2002-3-ish? But I could be wrong.

Agreed that it's appeared in this forum before. Not sure when, exactly. Around the time of MF sounds about right.

first time it showed up was this thread here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=13358&view=findpost&p=705805

The drawing was originally found on Pixiv: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=1525963

there's also the (not nearly as cool) VF-36 from the same artist: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=2772442

(VF-36 for us non-Japanese users)

Edited by anime52k8

Interesting design, this 'VF-32'. Is this supposed to be a local planetary interseptor, simular to the role the F-16 (or the japanesse version of the Falcon, forget the name & specs...)

the artist gets BZ's from me. lotta thought & love put into the artestry...

Interesting design, this 'VF-32'. Is this supposed to be a local planetary interseptor, simular to the role the F-16 (or the japanesse version of the Falcon, forget the name & specs...)

the artist gets BZ's from me. lotta thought & love put into the artestry...

That would be the Mitsubishi F-2A/B (and please, none of that Viper Zero stuff, people). It has a larger wing, an additional pair of pylons, and a three-piece canopy, as well as Japanese electronics.