All Things Video Games Thread: II

Sooo.....Ultimate Marvel Versus Capcom 3. I am excited about new characters like Ghost Rider (personal fave) and Hawkeye (also a fave), not so excited to purchase a new game. This is one of those times that DLC would've been nice. Now I know how everyone felt when Super Street Fighter 4 came out after buying Street Fighter 4 not less than a year before.

Sooo.....Ultimate Marvel Versus Capcom 3. I am excited about new characters like Ghost Rider (personal fave) and Hawkeye (also a fave), not so excited to purchase a new game. This is one of those times that DLC would've been nice. Now I know how everyone felt when Super Street Fighter 4 came out after buying Street Fighter 4 not less than a year before.

Yeah, I already sold Street Fighter IV to buy Street Fighter IV Turbo, and now they've got Super Street Fighter IV. And I got MvC3 near launch, and I'm not real thrilled to hear that they're re-releasing it already. And still no Mega Man!

Yeah, I already sold Street Fighter IV to buy Street Fighter IV Turbo, and now they've got Super Street Fighter IV. And I got MvC3 near launch, and I'm not real thrilled to hear that they're re-releasing it already. And still no Mega Man!

You know Megaman is coming as DLC. He is the most wanted character which makes him and easy sell for DLC.

I presume that was just sarcasm. :D

I wish it was. And you'd think I'd know better, too, what with having owned the first three versions of Street Fighter II (I missed Super Turbo), and having figured to wait until Third Strike for SFIII. I think I'm just done with Street Fighter.

You know Megaman is coming as DLC. He is the most wanted character which makes him and easy sell for DLC.

They haven't done any DLC characters yet, aside from the preorder bonuses, have they? Just costumes. I could see them releasing an Ultimate MvC3 Super Turbo Plus Alpha that has Megaman, in the hopes that the fans who wanted him in the first place will buy the game for the umpteenth time.

For the record, I'm pretty sure twelve new characters have been announced for UMvC3, and I'm pretty sure they're Vergil, Firebrand, Nemesis, Strider, Phoenix Wright and Frank West on the Capcom side, Ghost Rider, Nova, Iron Fist, Hawkeye, Dr Strange, and Rocket Raccoon for Marvel. So still no Megaman.

Edited by mikeszekely

I wish it was. And you'd think I'd know better, too, what with having owned the first three versions of Street Fighter II (I missed Super Turbo), and having figured to wait until Third Strike for SFIII. I think I'm just done with Street Fighter.

Well, there was Street Fighter IV, Super Street Fighter IV, and the one that was just released (and available as DLC upgrade), SFIV Arcade Edition. The Turbo threw me off, thought you were just poking fun at Capcom. Which would be justified.

Ultimate MVC3 while compelling enough an upgrade, with 12 new characters and 8 stages, new netcode, etc, to be released the a few months later after the first (Nov release) is rather jarring to most people. Myself included.

Oh well...wait 10 years for a sequel, get two in less than a year. :lol:

Well, there was Street Fighter IV, Super Street Fighter IV, and the one that was just released (and available as DLC upgrade), SFIV Arcade Edition. The Turbo threw me off, thought you were just poking fun at Capcom. Which would be justified.

Ultimate MVC3 while compelling enough an upgrade, with 12 new characters and 8 stages, new netcode, etc, to be released the a few months later after the first (Nov release) is rather jarring to most people. Myself included.

Oh well...wait 10 years for a sequel, get two in less than a year. :lol:

I think I'm just conflating SFIV with SFII... which had two Turbos, if I remember right. In my advanced age (I'm in my 30s now :p ) I was thinking that I owned the first two versions of SFIV, and there's a third one, and since the second and third SFII was Turbo and Super, I've mentally filed SFIV the same way.

Nintendo 3DS Gets Sudden, Massive Price Drop :

http://kotaku.com/5825495/nintendo-3ds-gets-sudden-massive-price-drop

What an embarassment for Nintendo. After just 5 months on the market, the 3DS' price is being slashed by 32%. Most likely due to poor hardware sales, several 3rd party games being cancelled, and competition from smartphone games. History is going to be made if Nintendo manages to lose a war of handheld systems.

Unless one of her Ultra's involved whipping out her cock and sodomizing Heihatchi, I'm still not impressed.

You really want to see Poison's piece, huh.

What an embarassment for Nintendo. After just 5 months on the market, the 3DS' price is being slashed by 32%. Most likely due to poor hardware sales, several 3rd party games being cancelled, and competition from smartphone games. History is going to be made if Nintendo manages to lose a war of handheld systems.

You really want to see Poison's piece, huh.

If Capcom is gonna go there, they should go full assed! As for the 3DS, good move Nintendo, that will definately help combat the Vita. Of course, I still want a Vita more.

Nintendo 3DS Gets Sudden, Massive Price Drop :

http://kotaku.com/5825495/nintendo-3ds-gets-sudden-massive-price-drop

I guess my be due to Ver. 02 in the pipeline.

Hmm. The 3DS hadn't really been on my radar, even though I love the DS Lite. But with a price cut that big, plus a new Super Mario and Mario Kart game, suddenly I'm interested.

Of course, I still want a Vita more.

I do too, because of Uncharted mostly. If Sony really wants to seal the deal, they'll get Bandai Namco/Artdink to get me a new Gundam Battle game.

But still region locked.

Yeah, but that doesn't bother me as much as it would on the Vita. I only played a handful of imports on the GBA, and I can't recall playing any on the DS. The only Japanese 3DS game I'm even remotely interested in is Gundam: The 3D Battle, and even that sounds like it has a lot less content than the Gundam Battle games already on the PSP.

Unless Artdink doesn't support the Vita and the real Gundam Battle Universe sequel I desire is a 3DS game, I'm ok.

How about Macross 3D Frontier ;) ?

I know it's borderline blasphemy to say so on a Macross board, but as good as the Frontier games are (and they are, without question, the best Macross games ever), I actually prefer the Gundam Battle series.

But yeah, I guess I'd rather Artdink just stop making 3DS games. Then I can be content to pick up the US model and feel like I'm not really missing anything by having it region locked.

Unfortunately, unless something is announced in the next year, I can only assume that artdink has stopped doing Gundam. "Although," they could surprise us with a super awesome more complete than Battle Universe & Assault Survive super pretty Vita launch game...

I like Battle Universe, but Assault Survive not so much. If artdink ever made another Gundam Battle game they should fix the walking animation. I was disturbed to see Exia and other CB Gundams walking on the ground. They're supposed to float in pixie dust trail :p !

I like Battle Universe, but Assault Survive not so much. If artdink ever made another Gundam Battle game they should fix the walking animation. I was disturbed to see Exia and other CB Gundams walking on the ground. They're supposed to float in pixie dust trail :p !

They do float, you have to go into flight mode.

They do float, you have to go into flight mode.

No, I mean they should never walk. Even in walking mode they should have gliding or hovering like Dom. But then again I only play it for a short while before I lost my PSP so maybe I just not getting used to it. Or maybe I was spoiled by Gundam VS Gundam Next+. Speaking of that, there are rumor of Bamco considering some PSP games for HD remake and GVGN+ is one of them.

No, I mean they should never walk. Even in walking mode they should have gliding or hovering like Dom. But then again I only play it for a short while before I lost my PSP so maybe I just not getting used to it. Or maybe I was spoiled by Gundam VS Gundam Next+. Speaking of that, there are rumor of Bamco considering some PSP games for HD remake and GVGN+ is one of them.

I'd rather they remade Gundam Battle Universe.

I suppose I'd need a Japanese PSN account for that?

I'd rather they remade Gundam Battle Universe.

I suppose I'd need a Japanese PSN account for that?

Not sure if PSP remaster series will be released as PSN games or packaged as full games. So far there's only poll in famitsu on what games requested most for PSP remaster. GVGN+ is one of them but not Gundam Battle series. But if Bamco ever change their mind, GBU remake with additional suits from 3D Battle (Unicorn units) will be nice.

Not sure if PSP remaster series will be released as PSN games or packaged as full games. So far there's only poll in famitsu on what games requested most for PSP remaster. GVGN+ is one of them but not Gundam Battle series. But if Bamco ever change their mind, GBU remake with additional suits from 3D Battle (Unicorn units) will be nice.

That's kind of a bummer. Maybe I'm in the minority on this one, but GVGN+ was good, but too arcadey, and nowhere near as good as the Gundam Battle games.

• 2 weeks later...

It's out for xBox too, but I couldn't find a copy locally. Friend of mine ranted that it's frustratingly hard and almost threw his controller. :lol:

When Catherine originally came out in Japan, I recall hearing about players complaining about the difficulty. This game is also a very different entry in the Persona franchise's world.

Speaking of difficulty, I'm awaiting Dark Souls to hit on the PS3. I was a fan of its predecessor, Demon's Souls, but didn't think it would get a sequel. Well, surprise, surprise. I don't buy many console titles, but I'll pick this up.