Dark Horse's Hellcyon #1

EXO

I may get spanked for saying this, but absolutely nothing good has come out of Marxism.

correct you are...

suspended for knowingly breaking the rules. Such a dumb move that I'm going to make it a long one.

Got a copy of #1 and added it to my box at the comic shop. First issue is pretty. Nice heavy stock paper (Just to say that it's nice to see that they didn't skimp on a new book and give us a poor quality copy), I like the art style, the mech and ship designs look really nice (Maybe models someday :) I'm interested enough in the first issue that I want to know more about several of the characters, and for me, good quality, interesting characters is what makes a book, movie or comic, so I'm definitely going to check out the comic and see where things go.

Good luck with the book, You've got one more susbcription out here in the wilderness!

~Edit~ Added some commentary

Edited by Ghadrack

Thanks for the comment, Ghadrack, you wont feel disappointed. I did my very best to make this a stand out book. I hope I succeeded so we can get to see models and toys of this someday.

exotoys - more human than human ^_^

• 1 month later...

Looks like my local comic shop dropped the ball and didn't get me a copy of issue #2 even though I added it to my pull list. I see the Dark Horse site drives consumer traffic to TFAW. Anyone dealt with them before? Is there any other means of buying the comic that benefits the creator more than another here in terms of DH sales numbers?

Edited by Ghadrack

I hope there's a storyline where an evil toy company produces plamo products, that when assembled, become deadly war machines.

BTW, any plans for a hardcover collecting this series? Usually, when I buy comics, I go for the hardcovers.

Edited by Funkenstein

Looks like my local comic shop dropped the ball and didn't get me a copy of issue #2 even though I added it to my pull list. I see the Dark Horse site drives consumer traffic to TFAW. Anyone dealt with them before? Is there any other means of buying the comic that benefits the creator more than another here in terms of DH sales numbers?

You can try Amazon.com. They might have a few mint copies lying around.

• 2 weeks later...

I went ahead and picked up a second copy of #1 and a couple copies of #2 from Things From Another World linked off Dark Horse's website, just as an FYI, they packed up the comics well in thick cardboard and they arrived in perfect condition. I'm not thrilled wiht paying shipping on comic books, but since my comic shop failed me I bit the bullet. Anyhow, they seem like a good E-tailer.

Now maybe I can send a copy of #1 in a S.A.R.E. to LSB and get it signed by the creator :)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello, ppl. Back from the dead. Since I last posted here, we published two more issues. Then I had to make a pause for some Clone Wars and the Metalocalypse miniseries before finishing the book. The bad news is that Dark Horse decided to skip the last issue ad go straight to the TPB. The good news is that the TPB is on preorder now and features over 100 pages of original art: 90 pages of story and the rest of covers and unpublished stuff.

HellcyonTP.jpg

• 2 months later...