Yamato 1/60 VF-1 v3

1/1 LowViz Lurker

So with all the complaining about the shoulder issues on the yamato v2 1/60, what do you guys think could be done to improve this toy if they ever decide in a few years time to redo the whole toy altogether?

Should they go back to 1/72 days of using diecast and risk making the toys heavier again?

Maybe give us better ratcheted joint so that even if it is heavier those joints are stiff enough to not wear out as much?

Who here wants a version 3 yamato that is more expensive but more durable? (thicker, a bit heavier, hinges that are tougher)

The thing I like about the 1/60 vf-1 v2 are the general more balanced look in all modes and better posability over the old 1/48. But I'm turned off by the cracking issues of this.

Would be great if they gave us chunky munky levels of durability with all the features of the latest yamato toys.

So what do you predict will be the future for yamato in 4-5 years from now? Would you still be colecting in that time?

I tend to go for expensive toys that have durability so I can wait a long time. (I didn't cave in and buy those cheaper and crappier mospeada toys that came out recently and instead chose to buy the superior beagle versions for example)

Do you want collector's grade stuff that is expensive and durable or are you the type to want a slightly cheaper toy that isn't as good but allows you to buy lots of different things that appear in the macross universe because they are cheaper? (eg revoltechs getting the regulds where normally this would be risky at large size)

One thing I liked about the 1/48 was that being larger allowed for more thickness but then some of the things like the backpack hinge were plastic holding up diecast FAST pack. With a bit more thought, a version 2 1/48 with no weaknesses would be great for those who aren ot interested in going the "pokemon" route in their macross purchases. (ie "gotta catch em all")

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Well I see it this way:

The fact that there are so many threads regarding the V2 1/60s is testament to the fact that peopel are VERY concerned about the problems the valks have and should be a strong signal that things need to be rectified, and pronto! It has been 1.5 years since the release of the V2 , and the problems that plagued the 1st releases are still coming back to haunt Yamato.

Well, if the word is "concerned", I'm not one of you guys. I rather see a different company make the VF1 because no matter how promising Yamato markets the toys they will screw it up. Right now, I'm waiting for their price to be deeply slashed more than shoulders to be fixed... because other than get angry at Yamato, it is the wisest thing to do because Yamato can't deliver any promises.

And I won't hold my breath for any Yamato VF1 V3... they'll create a cure but make new disease.

Well, if the word is "concerned", I'm not one of you guys. I rather see a different company make the VF1 because no matter how promising Yamato markets the toys they will screw it up. Right now, I'm waiting for their price to be deeply slashed more than shoulders to be fixed... because other than get angry at Yamato, it is the wisest thing to do because Yamato can't deliver any promises.

And I won't hold my breath for any Yamato VF1 V3... they'll create a cure but make new disease.

I'm all for competition, but the only that looks better or anything close to how Yamato's VF-1s look are only the Hasegawa's kits... also, any other manufacturer would need to have Bigwest's blessings to make the toys as well in a certain scale.... it might be that Yamato is the only one to have the license for 1/60 Macross/ DYRL/ Plus/ VF-X2 and Seven in 1/60 scale, at least right now.

Anyway.... the fixation on the shoulder issues is one of the few things that can be discussed at length.... because there is a lack of updates or news of new releases. That might be why people keep falling back to the same topics to talk about. We need announcements of new toys !!

Sad thing is that any new moulds by Yamato is going to be announced would likely to be around mid-year or so....

So.... Bandai! Where is my 1/48 PG VF-25?!?!?! :lol:

They don't need to make a v3 VF-1 because all of my VF-1s are fine, not knurled pins or anything. My 1/60 GPB-1S set was perfect and so was my VE-1 and VT-1. What Yamato needs to do is make a v2 YF-19 series that corrects flaws with the current line.

I agree with Bluemax that if there are no announcement of new products (by Yamato or Bandai) for 2010, most of us wl still talking abt currrent products. THe repeats of the shoulder hinge prblm gave rises to more discussion on it.