Old Toys Commercial Thread

RedWolf

Everything about toys were cooler back then. Especially the old JCPenney catalogs and the dioramas they had.

Or how about when you bought Transformers, and they came with those huge fold-out sheets that had a checklist with every Autobot figure on one side, and every Decepticon figure on the back? I swear I spent as much time looking at those and longing for the toys I wanted as I did playing with the toys I had.

Compare that to today, and all you get is an "also available" on the side of the box with pics of two other guys. Not the same.

Edited by mikeszekely

Or how about when you bought Transformers, and they came with those huge fold-out sheets that had a checklist with every Autobot figure on one side, and every Decepticon figure on the back? I swear I spent as much time looking at those and long for the toys I wanted as I did playing with the toys I had.

Compare that to today, and all you get is an "also available" on the side of the box with pics of two other guys. Not the same.

they still do that for thomas the train toys. My kid studys that little fold out like some people study the bible

Or how about when you bought Transformers, and they came with those huge fold-out sheets that had a checklist with every Autobot figure on one side, and every Decepticon figure on the back? I swear I spent as much time looking at those and longing for the toys I wanted as I did playing with the toys I had.

And, they still do that with Star Wars toys. In fact, even the individual action figures come with fold up catalogs-the old school figures did not. Plus, all the vehicles come with 10-page booklets.

*watches Youtube link*

Bandai are God!!

Seriously - and the old chunky munkies really do look like the most radically advanced technology in the universe... But hell - those commercials made me want Gobots even (Machine robo!)

I saw "Leader 1" :lol:

But...wow! Cool stuff!

Pete

Micronauts are my thing. I've got over a dozen original TV spots on 16mm broadcast film, and had them transferred by a NYC post house that does network transfers and had a whole staff of Micronauts fans.

I loanded out a couple of copies of them, and now of course they're all over YouTube. Look for the ones with the countdown on them and that don't look like crap... :(

Interestingly, I found that most of the Transformers, Star Wars, Mego and other similar TV toy spots of the 70s and 80s were done by the same couple of studios, and almost all the same production people.