Apocalyptic Robot Attack Movie

Ladic

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/15785/alv...-alien-invasion

Alvarez & Raimi Plan Alien Invasion

By Garth Franklin Monday November 30th 2009 01:28AM

Alvarez & Raimi Plan Alien Invasion

Uruguayan filmmaker Fede Alvarez has signed a million dollar deal to make his directing debut on an alien invasion film for Ghost House Pictures reports Variety.

Alvarez helmed "Panic Attack" ("Ataque de panic"), a sub-$500 five-minute short about an apocalyptic robot attack which became an online video hit and was linked on Kanye West's official blog.

He then pitched the alien invasion idea to Sam Raimi who's Ghost House Pictures signed him up for a holding deal. A high-end screenwriter is being hired to turn the idea into a feature that if greenly, Alvarez will direct and Raimi will produce.

The short film:

I think this guy desperately wishes he was Neill Blomkamp and that this was Alive in Joburg. unfortunatly he ain't and this isn't. I did enjoy hearing the awesome music from 28 day's later though.

also at 0:27, the kids reaction as just HILARIOUSLY cheesy.

:edit: you know, this feels like it's just trying to rip off a LOT of popular films. the poor acting and cheep special effects don't help but I think it's biggest problem is the total lack of originality.

I will say that the music video version linked at the end isn't half bad.

Edited by anime52k8

I love the blurb on WWTDD:

http://www.wwtdd.com/2009/12/hollywood-is-run-by-idiots/

A few years ago, a director named Kerry Conran spent 4 years on his Mac making a 6-minute trailer about giant robot war machines. A famous producer saw the footage, and that trailer became the movie, ‘Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow’. It lost $80 million.

A few years after that, director Michael Davis made a 17-minute reel of animated footage showing different action scenes that he wanted to turn into a movie. The ideas were stupid, but so is Hollywood so New Line gave him a bunch of money and those drawings became ‘Shoot Em Up’. It lost $52 million.

52 is less than 80, so sensing that this was moving in the right direction, Hollywood will try the same idea once again.

The LA Times says…

When Federico Alvarez came to Hollywood two weeks ago, he was a total unknown.

After seeing his short film, which depicts an invasion of Montevideo by a battalion of giant robots, Mandate Pictures agreed to bankroll a $30-million upcoming film for Alvarez, with the filmmaker getting a cool $1 million director’s fee.

Alvarez also made the rounds of the talent agencies and ended up leaving town with a CAA agent team as well as a deal with Anonymous Content to represent him for commercials. Most important, Alvarez also came away with an A-list Hollywood godfather, “Spider-Man” director Sam Raimi, who will serve as a mentor and producer, through his Ghost House Pictures, on Alvarez’s first American film.

So it would seem they forgot that they already tried this once with giant robots. Which means they probably forgot they tired this with drawings too. Which is why I’ve already started on 17 minutes of drawings. It’s like ‘300′. Except it’s girls. And it’s just one, and she’s naked. And not fighting. So, basically, nothing like ‘300′, but once they hear ‘300′ those dipshits will get so excited they’ll start handing me their wallets and car keys.

SCREW YOU SAM RAIMI!!! And every producer/actor/exec that supports this kinda crap!

I love the blurb on WWTDD:

http://www.wwtdd.com/2009/12/hollywood-is-run-by-idiots/

SCREW YOU SAM RAIMI!!! And every producer/actor/exec that supports this kinda crap!

Hollywood has REALLY short term memory when it comes to bad ideas. They remember that District 9 made 160-something million dollars, and all that money makes them forget all the times when this idea DIDN'T WORK.

also, I don't care if no one went to go see them, Sky Captain and Shoot em' Up were awesome movies.