1. 1. one thats stayed with you

• Watashi no kare wa pilot - My boyfriend is a pilot
    • Shao pai lon - Little White Dragon
    • Sunset Beach
    • Zero-G Love
    • Silver Moon,Red Moon
    • Ai wa Nagareru - Love Drifts Away
    • Cinderella
    • Ai wo Oboteimasu ka? - Do You Remember Love?
    • Tenshi no Enogu - Angels Paint
    • Runner
    • My Beautiful Place
    • Yasashisa Sayonara - Farewell to tenderness
    • Other

Theres no doubt that lynn minmay is a driving force behind the aspirations and ambitions of some of macross's main characters from series to series, Love or hate the miss macross winner but theres no denying she was the best there was and with her songs saved humanity and created a legacy.

Lynn Minmays songs have all been good,I cant think of a single song I cant listen to and not enjoy,To be honest I believe she is the only macross character that has given us all hits and great beats,

I placed a poll in this thread not only to say 'whats your favorite' but also to know what you think is the most uplifting and inspiring song in your mind that minmay has offered,a song that when you hear it no matter how many times it brings a smile or tap of the foot.

To me,I really like 'Sunset Beach' and 'Angels paint' everytime I hear them they make me happy,good beats and music and a nice chorus on each I find them to be quite uplifting, energizing and also work as great chill-out tunes,It is a hard one to choose but these two are the ones that play in my head most.

My favorite is Ai wo Oboeteimasuka. I think it's a wonderful love song and still enjoy listening to it. The rest of them are kind of dated in a bad way. Not like Fire Bomber which is awesome no matter what. I guess the thing with Minmey's songs is that they work really well in the context of the TV series, but not so much on their own. Oh sure - Love Drifts away is tops, and Shaopailon is fun - but they're kind of hard to listen to while, for example, driving or during a romantic dinner for two.

I guess I "judge" music on the context within which I can listen to it. Fire Bomber is great driving music, as is Gurren Lagann. With Fire Bomber on, I feel like a speed demon. With Gurren Lagann, I feel like I'm driving a tank. Minmey?... I dunno... the weather would have to be just right.

Right now, Ai Oboteeimasuka is the only Minmey tune in my phone's mp3. Beyond that it's a mix of Fire Bomber's best, and the songs from Haruhi Suzumiya (Super Driver, Gods Knows and Lost my Music as well as Mikuru's Adventures Song)...

I'm not criticizing Minmey, just saying - to appreciate her music I'd need to live on a super dimmensional fortress or something... It's hard to find a "place" for it.

Pete

That explains why I don't know Angel Pants. I haven't seen Flashback 2012... But I will try to find the song on Youtube :)

thanks,

Pete

It's also the song MinMay sings at the very end of DYRL: i.e. she taps her toes after waving the song sheet to Misa while humming to herself "1, 2, 3, 4....1, 2, 3, 4.....1, 2, 3, 4............................and 1, 2....." then starts singing which rolls into the ending credits / MinMay concert....at least that's what happens on the DYRL DVD's I own.

And yeah, "Angels Paint" is my favorite MinMay song followed closely by "Ai wo Oboteimasu ka? - Do You Remember Love?"

Edited by aquilon

For sure, it's "Tenshi no Enogu" for me too. I loved the Flashback 2012 animation that went with it, and the song is Minmay's best IMHO.

I wish I could vote for more than one song..."Tenshi no Engoku" is my overall favorite, followed by "DYRL." But I really like the guitar on "Sunset Beach," and it makes me feel all nostalgic an' shit.

While working on "My Fair Minmay," I found myself listening to Minmay over and over AND OVER again to keep myself in the right frame of mind (not sure what I'm going to listen to for the Misa book... :unsure: Sure, Misa's got a few songs, but not many)...although, after a while, I started getting sick of them and switched to Mari Iijima's early albums instead.

Some of the rarer Minmay tracks, like "Hoshi no Sasayaki" still occasionally have the power to grab me. My all-time favorite among the non-TV or movie tracks is DEFINITELY the Minmay/Hikaru duet of "Blowin' in the Wind" on Miss DJ. Very touching, and the affectionate banter between Minmay and Hikaru before and after the song makes the whole thing feel very warm and friendly.

I love all of her songs, but my favorite has always been Cinderella. whenever it plays, i automatically increase the volume, and close me eyes as that song washes over me. it just feels so beautiful, that song. and it doesn't hurt that it's the 1st song minmay ever sung in the series, and in such a heartfelt manner. :)

"Do You Remember Love?" has always been my favorite Minmay song. I fell in love with the song the moment I first heard it in DYRL.

I'm also quite fond of "Sunset Beach" and "Silver Moon, Red Moon".

"Sunset Beach" always makes me feel like I'm sitting on a beach on a tropical island.

:lol: But now you'll have to search the net for the million others who have yet to be enlightened, and spread the culture. :)

Ah, that part's easy. Just upload an mp3 of "Do You Remember Love" to some torrent site, but retitle it "MEGAN FOX HOME SEX VIDEO." The culture will spread.

It's also the song MinMay sings at the very end of DYRL: i.e. she taps her toes after waving the song sheet to Misa while humming to herself "1, 2, 3, 4....1, 2, 3, 4.....1, 2, 3, 4............................and 1, 2....." then starts singing which rolls into the ending credits / MinMay concert....at least that's what happens on the DYRL DVD's I own.

Aaaah. THAT song. Ok - so now I can say that I HAVE heard Angela's Panties.

But I wouldn't say Angela's Panties is my favorite song.

Sure, Misa's got a few songs, but not many

You could make an MP3 of her singing in a cracking, crying, depressed and half-drunk voice like that one time after she heard Hikaru invite Minmey into his house....

Poor Misa. Just thinking about it makes me mad at that blockhead pilot.

I swear - sometimes Hikaru had less common sense than Kakizake. In fact, the only difference between the two is that Kakizake was loud while Hikaru was quiet. The only one with any brains was Max...

Hikaru was just lucky. He was cute and he didn't talk much. Girls love that. That's my main weakness. I'm cute, but I talk too much. I have found that the less I say, the more I get laid. But sometimes, I just can't NOT comment on one or a million things and fwooosh! the girl slips through my fingers....alas.

Um - but anyways...

I am happy SOMEONE voted for Love Drifts Away. I was considering voting for that - and now I'm kind of sad I didn't since Oboeteimasuka got soooo many votes - I guess not suprisingly...

But Love Drifts Away is one of the most moving songs and I do enjoy it very much.

Pete

• 1 year later...

i love pretty much all of them, but "Do You Remember Love?" and "An Angel's Paints" are my favorites.

i have the "MACROSS: THE COMPLETE" three CD set, and it all sounds just transcendent on my

PIONEER PD-91 CD player;

PD-91MacG11-26-101.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll310/shaorin-chan/PIONEER%20PD-91/PD-91MacG11-26-102.jpg

DSC_2569.jpg

PD-919-5-2010.jpg