Question about the YF-19

Timberwolf

hey guys,

This'll be one of my first posts, up until now, I've just been lurkin'. Anywho, I was checkin' out some info on Macross Mecha Designs and I noticed something odd in the lineart of the YF-19 Alpha:

There is what appears to be a quad-barreled gatling gun in the lower left hand portion of the torso in the pic of the YF-19's Battroid mode. Perhaps I'm wrong, but either way, can anyone give me a clue as to what this is?

Hopefully, the pic I attached will work properly. If not, you can see it over at Macross Mecha Designs

<_<

post-2-1068801321_thumb.gif

'Just shooting in the dark here, but in the introduction sequence for Macross VFX, isn't the '19 shown riddling a Zentran ship with bullets in fighter mode with some sort of gatling weapon mounted underneath it? After a switch to Battroid mode, the lower left hand of the torso is where that gatling would be, wouldn't it?

'Just shooting in the dark here, but in the introduction sequence for Macross VFX, isn't the '19 shown riddling a Zentran ship with bullets in fighter mode with some sort of gatling weapon mounted underneath it? After a switch to Battroid mode, the lower left hand of the torso is where that gatling would be, wouldn't it?

That sounds a heck of a lot like the hand held gunpod...

The only onboard weapons that the 19 has is the head laser and the wing root lasers.

But yah, I'm thinking either a secondary sensor cluster, or a pez dispenser to placate rogue zentradi...

Could be a sensor as Graham has stated or some sort of connecting mechanism that stabilizes it in fighter mode. A pez dispenser is probably top on the theories list next to the flatulent vent!

Sithlord I believe you're right about those being some sort of connectors. I found a couple of pics in MW's Magazines section... first off...

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazi...2v-mg-page3.jpg: If you look at the smallest pic on that page, you see those same connectors on either side of the GU-15. Granted, this is using a single-mode model of the 19A.

However, look at this pic of a Three mode -19 model. It takes a bit of imagination (which us macross fans have plenty of), but by using those two pics as a reference it's most likely a form of connector.

**My** guess based on those pics is that they might be some sort of hydraulics used in transformation as well as to to keep the -19 together.

Heh heh... gotta lay off the sugar. :D

Maybe it's the landing gear light?

We see those in the last episode of M+. The landing light is mounted on the nose gear. Isamu uses it as a spot light to find Myung.