BattlePod toy prototype

macrossnake

I find this pic in the internet, suppose to be from some sort of convention or Comic-Con.

Does anyone know anything about this?

09.gifmacrossnake,

It's the futur Toynami Regult Pod presented at the Tokyo show 2009 but sorry, his scale's 1/100... 34.gif

That is the 1/100 scale Regult Tactical Pod. It is just a little bit larger than the Revoltech version, maybe an inch (20mm) taller.

Wish they had made it 1/72 since that will be about the same height as the 1/60 valks.

That is the 1/100 scale Regult Tactical Pod. It is just a little bit larger than the Revoltech version, maybe an inch (20mm) taller.

Wish they had made it 1/72 since that will be about the same height as the 1/60 valks.

Thx guys. :)

I/100 still better than non-scale... I still hope Yamato will make a 1/60 Regult oneday.

already been discussed here http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...850&st=1440

the 1/100 are a line of transforming toys, not part of the new robot vinyl line. For the Scale this is what I did: Just from looking at the pics, the Regult figure looks about as tall as the 1/100 scale figures in battroid mode, with stands and fast packs. I have a 1/100 1J myself so I measured how tall it was on the stand and with the fast packs it was in the 20cm range so I rounded it off to an even 20cm. (the 1/100 VF-1's are actually more like 1/90 scale.

The basic Regult stands 15.12 meters (the extra 3 meters on the scout comes from the large sensor mast) so 15.12 meters= 1512cm, 1512cm/20cm = 75.6 so 1/75~76 scale.

So yeah, it's from Toynami's upcoming robot vinyl collection, not in scale with the 1/100 toy's rough gestimate is that it's around 20cm's. I figure it's a non scale toy since the robot vinyl collection is just a jumble of mechs from any and all properties that Toynami has the license to.

According to RT.com the basic Battlepod stands 17.4Meters and it doesn't say if this is to top of head or top of cannons. We should probably hold off on deducing scale until we have them out or better pictures actually beside other toys.

Then why not make it 1/60 scale? 1/60 is the hottest scale now!

Thx guys. :)

I/100 still better than non-scale... I still hope Yamato will make a 1/60 Regult oneday.

I do hope Yamato will make those in 1/60 scale one day, with all different types of missiles attachment, tactical pod....

The Regults were definitely scaled at 1/100 by Toynami. For some reason I don't have the pics anymore (damn ImageShack) but the article is still at Robotech.com's page.

MACROSS 1/100 SCALE VF-1's & BATTLEPODS

To accompany your 1/100 scale Macross Valkyries, Toynami is showing off prototypes of 1/100 Regults (Battlepods). Finally! Battlepod toys haven't been seen since the 80's, and now you'll get to see exactly how massive they are next to the VF-1.

http://www.robotech.com/news/viewarticle.php?id=366

In addition to the Regult/Battlepod, Toynami displayed a VF-1J Armored Valkyrie, as seen in episode 8. The Armored Valkyrie has working missile hatches littered all over its heavily armored body.

Still way disappointed that they are going with the vinyl treatment as opposed to plastic injection... The primed version in the box already had it's joints removed which means less articulation. Not that interested in 1/100 scale anyway.

I don't consider the Toynami Valks/Veritechs to be 1/100... the parts are so proportionally mismatched it loses the reason of giving it scale.

According to RT.com the basic Battlepod stands 17.4Meters and it doesn't say if this is to top of head or top of cannons. We should probably hold off on deducing scale until we have them out or better pictures actually beside other toys.

I would love to know where they pulled that number from. :huh:

Seems like when ever a company tries to make a Zentradi Battle Pod/Regult, they just can't seem to get it right. Or they figure fans will buy anything. Either to small a scale, vinyl instead of plastic, No pilot...

Hopefully Yamato will come to its senses and start making 1/60 enemy mechas that include the Pilots.