Macross music spotted

Mods please forgive me if this is in the wrong section, i'm a noob :wacko:

So today my kids wanted me to watch tv with them so I did, and they wanted to watch their current favorite show, the "Penguins of Madagascar"

so i sat around mildly entertained until the end of an episode called "Gone in a flash" where I heard the intro to the opening song of the Macross Zero OST 2,

Yanyan (Japanese Version). i immediatly hit record on my DVR to verifiy and sure enough, it was. I thought it was pretty random and I'd share that with you guys. I tried to find footage to post here, but alas, the internet has failed me yet again, so if you catch this on nick set your DVR's. lol

Eh... I would have thought that little bits of sound like that were part of much larger stock clips and were used all over the place in industry. I think the song in MZero just pulled from that stock clip bank really.

Eh... I would have thought that little bits of sound like that were part of much larger stock clips and were used all over the place in industry. I think the song in MZero just pulled from that stock clip bank really.

I think what you've observed is closer to the truth. I have heard this style of islander singing in other pieces of music before. Much more likely that both came from the same source rather than one ripping off the other.

Taksraven

BUT, listen to the snippet of music from this section of Starship Troopers between 2:56 and 3:10

and THEN listen to this clip from Macross Zero episode one, specifically the section between 2:12 and 2:26

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ0Y4__04cI

Maybe its another generic music sample, but it is certainly NOT a coincidence.

Taksraven

BUT, listen to the snippet of music from this section of Starship Troopers between 2:56 and 3:10

and THEN listen to this clip from Macross Zero episode one, specifically the section between 2:12 and 2:26

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ0Y4__04cI

Maybe its another generic music sample, but it is certainly NOT a coincidence.

Taksraven

That one was so obvious. :blink: So Macross is capable of ripping other shows as well ? :huh::p But seriously guys, as much as I liked Macross Zero, the OVA was severely lacking in the music department ("Life Song" was the only good song in the two OSTs). The links you posted just proved it even more. <_<

Edited by Macross007

Excellent find. I was reminded of this thread:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...hl=ghostbusters

.... And as if to add a cherry on the cake of coincidences, Wolfx had actually included an image of the Madagascar Penguins in that thread!! Is he some kind of clairvoyant??? :lol:

Eh? As much as i like praise, i didn't even posted on that thread?

:lol:

Hmmm that sample from Starship troopers seemed fake.....I really don't recall that being in there, I'll wanna see the whole movie on DVD or something to clarify. The amount of time between ST and M0 is almost a decade apart...that'd be one hell of a stale rip off.

Hmmm that sample from Starship troopers seemed fake.....I really don't recall that being in there, I'll wanna see the whole movie on DVD or something to clarify. The amount of time between ST and M0 is almost a decade apart...that'd be one hell of a stale rip off.

I'm watching it right now, it does show up.

Edited by shiroikaze

You clearly have not watched ST enough......

Taksraven