Hikaru VF-1S

indigofx28

wow, picky now are we? That doesn't seem to bother me. Even my vf-1s roy 1/48 doesn't bother me that it has all those flaws. As long as it transforms and looks good, then I'm happy! :p:D:lol:

hmm.... this is from Draykov's post, seems like Tamim's has the same issue...
Pics courtesy of Tam of Twin Moons:

Back of box:

hvf1s-02.jpg

Pilot comparison:

hvf1s-08.jpg

Starboard side:

hvf1s-03.jpg

Head rest:

hvf1s-10.jpg

Front angle:

hvf1s-05.jpg

hymnnn...... it just like that. <_< though my last several 1/48's sat flush. well it must be a yamie conspiracy to make us buy another one :lol: so we keep ooking for that perfect one :lol::rolleyes:

Well this blows. Ya know, I'm not one to nitpick too heavily, but some consistency from Yamato would be nice.

Another pic of the 1A prototype:

fighter20.jpg

This pic of the new 1S in Gerwalk is also Tam's, and the problem doesn't seem to be as noticeable as in Indigo's pics in fighter mode.

hvf1s-15.jpg

Edited by Draykov

And who said Macross fans are nitpicky complainers....  <_< 

Did you try pushing the chest plate down?

yeah I tried to use exterme for to foce it down

Maybe it isn't so much pushing the chest plate down, but this part up:

post-4-1068506052_thumb.jpg

you people complaining need to get a grip...

it is a toy we are talking about, it doesnt't have to be flawless, and is it really a flaw? there's a gap, who cares?

oh yes, up the ying yang? unless you can provide more pics, it looks like "the ying yang" doesn't mean the same in your language as it does in mine.

up the ying yang would be a massive quantity of gaps, yet you only show one...

Everybody relax!

I've seen these gaps before on every 1/48 I own (three). They seem to appear without any rhyme or reason and disappear just as mysteriously. Something done not-quite-right during the transforming process causes them to appear. I couldn't quite squeeze/massage them away on my 1A Hikaru despite the parts needing to be squeezed being very apparent. . . so I resigned myself to them. . . but then I tranformed it to battroid and back. . . and they were gone.

They do seem to be caused/influenced by the way the hips/intakes are pushed up into the chest plate. My advice would be to (partially) transform the valk a bit and then be careful while pushing the legs/intakes up onto the chest plate.

Best Regards,

H

Edited by Hurin

Everybody relax!

I've seen these gaps before on every 1/48 I own (three).  They seem to appear without any rhyme or reason and disappear just as mysteriously.  Something done not-quite-right during the transforming process causes them to appear.  I couldn't quite squeeze/massage them away on my 1A Hikaru despite the parts needing to be squeezed being very apparent. . . so I resigned myself to them. . . but then I tranformed it to battroid and back. . . and they were gone.

They do seem to be caused/influenced by the way the hips/intakes are pushed up into the chest plate.  My advice would be to (partially) transform the valk a bit and then be careful while pushing the legs/intakes up onto the chest plate.

Best Regards,

H

Thank you, Hurin. Your level-headed reassurance has brought me peace of mind.

My perfect, flawless, untainted Valkyrie with working radar and living 1.5 inch pilot is on it's way! :rolleyes:

Edited by Draykov

No... it's you people that have to realize that the world is ending...

...end it all starts with that little gap...

I'm talking human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!

How many times have I got to use that Peter Venkman quote on you guys!

Just out of the box not transformed at all period. It's not a matter of GAP but the matter of consistency based on the japanese production porcess. I hold them to a higher standard than us. They seeem to always get things right then this. I have figured out that the tabs in the back of the legs are too long in comparison to the older vf-1s and vf-1a. I just fileit down with a dremmel tool.

just as Draykov Yamie needs some consistency in their mass production line. :D

Edited by indigofx28

Just out of the box not transformed at all period.  It's not a matter of GAP but the matter of consistency based on the japanese production porcess. I hold them to a higher standard than us. They seeem to always get things right then this. I have figured out that the tabs in the back of the legs are too long in comparison to the older vf-1s and vf-1a. I just fileit down with a dremmel tool.

just as Draykov Yamie needs some consistency in their mass production line.  :D

I don't think anyone here was saying that you had transformed it. Rather, we were saying that transforming it once and being careful as you put it back into fighter mode might have "fixed" it. These valks don't appear out of thin air, ya know! :) They are put together by hand in a factory. It was probably tranformed/assembled into fighter mode somewhat carelessly prior to being put in the box.

I doubt what you did was really necessary and believe that you could probably have achieved the same result without grinding down anything. But, I'm not saying anything for sure since I'm not there and you are in a better position to judge.

I just know that I have seen the same exact gaps on my 1A Hikaru, and 1S Roys. Each and every time, re-transforming the valk has made them go away.

Can anyone with a Hikaru VF-1S (who hasn't already ground them down!) confirm a difference in the size of these "tabs" between valks?

Best Regards,

H

Edited by Hurin

Just out of the box not transformed at all period.  It's not a matter of GAP but the matter of consistency based on the japanese production porcess. I hold them to a higher standard than us. They seeem to always get things right then this. I have figured out that the tabs in the back of the legs are too long in comparison to the older vf-1s and vf-1a. I just fileit down with a dremmel tool.

just as Draykov Yamie needs some consistency in their mass production line.  :D

I don't think anyone here was saying that you had transformed it. Rather, we were saying that transforming it once and being careful as you put it back into fighter mode might have "fixed" it. These valks don't appear out of thin air, ya know! :) They are put together by hand in a factory. It was probably tranformed/assembled into fighter mode somewhat carelessly prior to being put in the box.

I doubt what you did was really necessary and believe that you could probably have achieved the same result without grinding down anything. But, I'm not saying anything for sure since I'm not there and you are in a better position to judge.

I just know that I have seen the same exact gaps on my 1A Hikaru, and 1S Roys. Each and every time, re-transforming the valk has made them go away.

Can anyone with a Hikaru VF-1S (who hasn't already ground them down!) confirm a difference in the size of these "tabs" between valks?

Best Regards,

H

Hurin,

I did try that but the fluke is still there. I haven't sanded it down yet but I ask HLJ if I can exchange it cause the whole shipment was open crushed and damage when I got it. :( maybe I should change my username to perfectionist28 :D:lol:

ok. I got mine today from TwinMoons. Thanx, Tam!

A couple of things to comment about it.

[*] Yes, there is that "gap" when I took the toy out of the box. However, it's very very minor.

IMHO, only the most anal perfectionist who will display this Hikaru-1S in _valkyrie fighter mode_ (i.e. jet) will be the ones bothered with this "gap".

I always preferred to display my Valks in Battroid-mode and this Hikaru-1S definitely screams battroid-mode.

[*] The air-break is as loose as my Hikaru-1A. Meaning, it's the same regular stuff.

Other than that, the toy is tight.

here are a couple of posed shots i took. (sorry, bad lighting in my room atm).

Hikaru-1S quarter-side view

Hikaru-1S frontal view

Oh, yeah. I'm still waiting for my FAST-packs to complete the pose. Once I get it (hurry up, Tam!), I'll take a shot again in better lighting-conditions.

--treatment--

Edited by treatment

I just got my Hikaru in and in fighter mode there are MAJOR GAPS????? :angry: Did yamaie just get shotty with their manufacturing process now that they've made so many vf-1. <_<

I also have the same problem but when in Gerwalk the gap does not appear I'm sure this can be fixed by just transforming it carefully :D

anybody here encountered a loose heatshield??

mine fell off on its own while transforming it to battroid...

My heat shield falls off my 1A all the time. :(

It's just the nature of the slide joint. I have had this problem with every 1/48th I have ever had even the supposedly fixed Low Viz. To a degree I'd rather have it loose and fall out, instead of so tight if it gets twisted the wrong way it breaks.

Edited by GobotFool

I just got my Hikaru in and in fighter mode there are MAJOR GAPS?????  :angry: Did yamaie just get shotty with their manufacturing process now that they've made so many vf-1. <_<

I also have the same problem but when in Gerwalk the gap does not appear I'm sure this can be fixed by just transforming it carefully :D

There aren't any gaps in this photo:

Box_in_2.jpg