THE UN-OFFICIAL COLOR SCHEME THREAD

well those beat the crap out of mine. *goes and feels inferior* and thanks, i really need one of those, i just made mine because none existed.

well those beat the crap out of mine. *goes and feels inferior* and thanks, i really need one of those, i just made mine because none existed.

no...please don't feel too bad about it. If you take a close look at my VF-19 you can also see several defects. You should see my first attempt at these things, they look really awful :lol:

still good job, and im glad there is a better one kicking around. I used a YF-19 to make mine and that was a bitch. Im amazed at how little the final product resembles the prototype.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's been pretty quite in this thread for a while. Anyone got anything new?

(nudge-nudge) Hellohikaru...........how are those other VF-2SS views going?

• 3 weeks later...

Uber sweet...my favorite Valkyrie has finally gotten some love. Keep'em coming, I can't wait to see top. bottom, front, and rear views.

Are you going to be doing the VF-2SS without the SAP? How about the VF-2JA Icarus?

I know....I'm being a pest... :rolleyes:

Niiice. I can't wait to get my hands on that one.

And no word on the Power-up Glaug eh? well I guess that'd be too much to ask, as well as a Nousjadul-ger (can't you tell I'm a Zjent fan?) And of course, those are my fav. mecha.

And while we're on the subject of other things to paint and color, are capital ships an eventual? (envisions a custom colored SDF-1.....)

[edit: and out of curiosity, how did you make these? Illustrator?]

Edited by Boxer

Hikaru, so you just trace the images completely in photoshop by hand? (On a seperate layer I suppose)...

I have some linearts that I'm willing to do but I wonder if it's easier to do some photoshop thing to make the crisp lines instead of going over them all by hand (Actually I'm using Illustrator for the Spartan because the lines are crisper and cleaner in Illustrator. The drawback to this of course is that I can't play with the image...)

Boxer

I traced the lines on separate layers so if that any screwups can easily dealt with.

To trace them basically i just use the path tool and the stroke path option with brush(define size, type).

I haven't tried Illustrator myself so i can't comment on that.

I think if you can create the lines on a white background(or have a scan lineart image) you can the photoshop channel to separate them. Check back to the first few pages on this thread to see how this is done.

Behold!

Thus is the power of illustrator; crisp clean lines in line art form.

Queadol-Magdomilla-Line-art.jpg

I present to you all the first capital ship to color and play with. The Queadol-Magdomilla. What else but a Zentreadi ship to be the first capital ship to color?

:p

The ARMD is too hard. I'll do Zentreadi ships first, maybe a Northampton if I feel like it.

Edit: Right, er...bigger one available on request. And for some reason my profile on Macross Fan works won't accept my submissions anymore.

Edited by Boxer

Tres bien work on your Orguss Skull Leader design there Boxer. Would you still have the line artwork for the Orguss still floating around?

I remember seeing a few nice designs over the years (both artwork and custom paints) of various mecha done with the Skull One color scheme (F-203 Dragon II, F-14 Tomcat, VF-19 Excalibur, VF-4 Lightning III). Would anyone have any of these color scheme images kicking around?

I thought about making a basic template that includes the side view of the Orguss in aircraft mode, plus one of the shoulder panels to show off the wing patterns. But if everyone wants 'em I'll post the base ones I have (They've been corrected to some degree, especially the one above...the shoulders are off.)

Anyhow, if Roy could have an Orguss, what about Hikaru?

OrgussMP-Hikaru-Custom.jpg

For Orguss Uninitiates I suggest going here and here..

I was lucky to get the Orguss Line art from one of those sites. It also let me have an Ishkick commander, their equiverlant to a Regult. I could do that one if anyone wanted. However I am after the Nickick so I could do a Millia version of that one. My explaination as to why is here.

The whole 'Orguss macross' idea came from a crossover of mine from Macross to Orguss. I wondered what it would have been like for skull squadron to switch over from VFs to Ogroids.

Bronco-II-Katie-Alaska-cust.jpg

Background: Of the untold stories on Earth, one of the most famous pilots in the SWI span of history was Katie Alaska. Based up in the arctic circle and the antlantic, she was one of the few who agreed to pilot the AV-11D Bronco II Gerwalk fighters. As there was enough parts for them in storage (From an anticipated pre-production run of around a hundred aircraft) the Broncos saw limited service in select areas of combat.

She survived the Zentreadi bombardment of earth with her Bronco II, but eventually upgraded to a personalized Drifand Orguss and eventually became a squadron leader with a VF-11 group.

---------------

Yes I have templates for the Bronco. Does anyone want them? Seeing as there are templates in existance for Legioss fighters over in the Macross fan art page...

And is it fine for me to do Orguss templates for customs? And where is everyone?

Edited by Boxer

The line artwork is in Illustrator and the colors and shadows are in Photoshop. I use a tablet also so it helps.

I have an acount on the Macross art page it's just that it won't accept my submissions for some reason. I'll check with Yellowlightman about it, but that's the reasoning for my lack of posing there.

At present I'm making a side view of the Orguss in flight mode. I'll make an Orguss and MP version, then add them with the templates along with a shoulder pad for full customization. I'll add the Bronco line art when I fix some things on it (The upper part of the leg is too small when it connects to the joint...)

Part of the problem I'm having in making these line art sketches is the lack of material. Orguss, since it wasn't as popular as Macross, has had limited sucess and it's one model line died with Imai and Arii. I have rare Orguss kits with me but I'm afraid to build them because of thier rarity (Which makes me think I should go into recasting just to have copies for myself).

And the origional Orguss type:

Orguss-front-template.jpg

My Macrossfan creations profile works now! Accessable here.

I'm working on an 'overall' Orguss template that includes a side view in aircraft mode and a shoulder paddle to show off designs. I don't know what I'll do next, maybe the Glomar, or an Ishkick.