Hiroshi Ohnogi and Macross Frontier

Somehow, I get the impression that the Moon is little more important to the Earth than Ontario. Though some of our Canadian members may disagree. ;)

As a Canadian, I agree to that.

And yes, the 39-Episode plan ends with "Love Drifts Away, but has an epilogue as they go into space, fifteen years later. But Max and Millia's sbplot seems like it would've gotten more development. They fall in love in episode 35, but wait until episode 38 to get married.

Oh, and the omnidirectional barrier destroys the Moon in episode 30. :lol:

I love the theme of mass destruction they had in the original series. They really wanted to blow the hell out of everything. It was great :)

• 1 month later...
I only have the CBR file, as well, which is too small to read any kanji more complicated than six or seven strokes...but yeah, they give the 52 episode breakdown (very brief notes), the 48 episode breakdown (ditto), and the 39 episode breakdown (which is fuller). I can't quite tell what's going on in the first two, but the 39-Episode version has Max and Millia getting married in Episode 38, and the big battle in the final episode. After the big battle, it jumps forward fifteen years for I guess some kind of epilogue or something.

Provide the page numbers and I can scan them, I have both the '84 and the '86 reprint (both came with posters btw... :p )

Provide the page numbers and I can scan them, I have both the '84 and the '86 reprint (both came with posters btw... :p )

Aw, you should've kept reading! :p

No need...I finally broke down and bought the damn thing on Ebay last week (it's the US version from Books Nippan -no, it' not in English- and I got it for $21.50, which seemed fine to me).

And yes, the 39-Episode plan ends with "Love Drifts Away, but has an epilogue as they go into space, fifteen years later. But Max and Millia's sbplot seems like it would've gotten more development. They fall in love in episode 35, but wait until episode 38 to get married.

Oh, and the omnidirectional barrier destroys the Moon in episode 30. :lol:

MINE didn't come with a poster, though. It was cheap, though, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Aw, you should've kept reading! :p

MINE didn't come with a poster, though. It was cheap, though, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Doh! :blink:

Well I got my '86 version back in 1986!! So that is how I know it came with a poster (kind of a pleasant surprise) from "Books Nippan". My '84 was after the fact and it didn't, but those who got that one say it came with one as well, which I have no reason to dispute... B))

Gubby I think someone pinched or lost the original poster that it came with.

I had mine mounted on foam core board and alas it didn't last over the years... :(

Edited by Zinjo

Gubby I think someone pinched or lost the original poster that it came with.

It doesn't really matter to me. I mostly bought it so I could translate "The Lost Two Years" and "The Plundering Fleet" (COMPLETE translations this time, not summarized like the old Roycommi versions).

And if I could figure out some way to do the fashion magazine in the middle, I'd do that, too.