Throbbing Accident

yellowlightman

I promised a guy years ago that I'd try translating this comic, but never really got around to it. I've long since forgotten who asked me to, who knows if he's even still on the boards. I also have no idea what book this came from, as he provided the scans for me.

In any case, it's a pretty lame comic. Not very well drawn and not very interesting, but hey. Some parts of it don't make too much sense, which is probably about half my fault and half the fault of the original artist, as this comic really isn't that good/funny/interesting.

Yes, I realize my translating skills suck but I wanted something to practice on. A friend of mine did the Photoshop work and he did a better job with that than I did with the translation, I think. Anyways, comments and suggestions are welcome.

post-22-1235836774_thumb.png

post-22-1235836799_thumb.png

post-22-1235836818_thumb.png

post-22-1235836827_thumb.png

post-22-1235836888_thumb.png

post-22-1235836929_thumb.png

post-22-1235836960_thumb.png

post-22-1235836979_thumb.png

post-22-1235836988_thumb.png

post-22-1235836994_thumb.png

post-22-1235837000_thumb.png

post-22-1235837005_thumb.png

post-22-1235837013_thumb.png

post-22-1235837019_thumb.png

post-22-1235837027_thumb.png

post-22-1235837034_thumb.png

Edited by yellowlightman

Man...I remember that...it's in the Macross Guide Book, one of those thick, small, square books.

I still have it somewhere...I should probably try to dig it out...

If you do, let me know if you have any suggestions for the translation. There were a couple parts that even after checking with a Japanese friend, had me scratching my head, simply because the lines seemed out of place and random.

If you do, let me know if you have any suggestions for the translation. There were a couple parts that even after checking with a Japanese friend, had me scratching my head, simply because the lines seemed out of place and random.

If I find the book (or, more likely, buy another copy), I'll definitely check it over.

It's always those little random bits that are the hardest, aren't they? I'm forever thinking, "Okay, I know nearly everything that's going on, I could explain it to people perfectly, but...there's the one little throwaway line that I just can't figure out. It has nothing to do with anything, but until I get it, I'm not finished."

And then I spend days or weeks (or, in the case of Miss DJ, months) trying to "get" it...and finally, when I do, it totally wasn't worth the effort.

And then I spend days or weeks (or, in the case of Miss DJ, months) trying to "get" it...and finally, when I do, it totally wasn't worth the effort.

Haha, yeah that was kind of the problem with this one. I knocked out the initial translation in under an hour, but spending much more than that on an otherwise uninteresting comic like this didn't seem worth it. My Photoshop guy was like "Okay, let's do a good comic next time!"

That said if anyone has any suggestions for a short Macross comic I should try translating next, let me know. Trying to figure out what (small) project to tackle next.

Haha, yeah that was kind of the problem with this one. I knocked out the initial translation in under an hour, but spending much more than that on an otherwise uninteresting comic like this didn't seem worth it. My Photoshop guy was like "Okay, let's do a good comic next time!"

That said if anyone has any suggestions for a short Macross comic I should try translating next, let me know. Trying to figure out what (small) project to tackle next.

The big problem is that there really weren't any good short Macross comics (at least none that I've come across) until Macross Ace came out, and even then, the MacF Outisde Story is the only real standalone. Well, besides the one about the girl going to see the May'n and Megumi concert.

The Macross Guide Book (which "Throbbing Accident" came from) also had some 4-panel gag manga in it, but I don't recall any of it being very funny. That said, I couldn't understand much of it the last time I looked at it.

There was another, similar book, but I don't recall it having any manga in it...

Ah, I knew they were here somewhere!

Here's the Macross Guide Book:

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/books/series_guide.htm

And the other, similar book:

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/books/series_encyclo.htm

That's the section with the battroid torso on destroid legs and Frankenstein Britai, right?

Man, I really need to dig that stuff out...

That's the one! I was flipping through it earlier when I first read this thread. I like to keep all of my Macross books in fairly easy reach.

I promised a guy years ago that I'd try translating this comic, but never really got around to it. I've long since forgotten who asked me to, who knows if he's even still on the boards. I also have no idea what book this came from, as he provided the scans for me.

In any case, it's a pretty lame comic. Not very well drawn and not very interesting, but hey. Some parts of it don't make too much sense, which is probably about half my fault and half the fault of the original artist, as this comic really isn't that good/funny/interesting.

Yes, I realize my translating skills suck but I wanted something to practice on. A friend of mine did the Photoshop work and he did a better job with that than I did with the translation, I think. Anyways, comments and suggestions are welcome.

Hehehe... Nice manga. Never seen it before. I like the art a lot... :lol:

Thank you for the posting! ^_^

I've got one that's 4 pages long that features Kawamori and the Macross cast. If you're interested, I can scan it in. Though I won't be able to scan it until the end of the week since I have a huge test to study for on Wednesday.

I'm not sure if it's a funny or stupid comic, but at least I can handle the Photoshop work for you.

I've got one that's 4 pages long that features Kawamori and the Macross cast. If you're interested, I can scan it in. Though I won't be able to scan it until the end of the week since I have a huge test to study for on Wednesday.

I'm not sure if it's a funny or stupid comic, but at least I can handle the Photoshop work for you.

Yeah, if you can scan it in nice and large we could give it a shot. Just don't ruin your book or anything trying to do it!