Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu

Anubis

I'm up to Ep. 13 of the show now, and I'm loving it. There has been no real extended plot for FMP: Fumoffu so far, but it still a very enjoyable show. They just have fun with the characters. Sousuke and Kaname's relationship is expanding fairly well. A couple of characters get more screen time than before. It just works, and is funny as hell. I don't know about any one else but I kinda like the Bonta-kun suit. Hell, Ep. 13 has a squad of Bonta-kuns, with Sousuke in charge of course. His helmet even has the Zeon-type commander antenna on it. Good stuff. Another funny Gundam homage was in 12 where Kazama goes into seed mode trying to get to the women's bath at the hot spring they were all visiting.

Situations only these people can get into, some things stick close to the manga's style it seems. Does the Council President seem kind of like a young Illpallazo to anyone else?

In any case, good stuff, I highly remommend trying the show out.

I still haven't checked it out yet, due to the reason that it wasn't like FMP! where there was a great mix of mecha military action, drama, and comedy. I still might download it in a few days to finally check it out. Guess I just have to enjoy it for what it is. How many episodes are there? 13?

is this an ova or a new season? i have seen the first 2 or 3 dvds and it really liked it but the newest one only had 3 episodes, i cant stand when they do that, there is absolutely no need to put so little on a dvd, im not wasting my money on that, so ill be getting the fansubs once my other dls finish

I don't remember what the final count will be, but I want to say 24 or 25 parts total. Some are 2 parts per half hour episode. That's why when you see it online it will read Ep 1-2,3,4-5 and so forth. The last few have been full episodes. You don' have to have seen the full first season to understand Funoffu, but seeing what's already out would definately help, so you will understand the characters better.

This second season is character driven, no mecha yet outside of the Bonta-kun power armor.

Edited by Anubis

Yeah, I participated in that thread. That ended back in September. 12 and 13 made me want to bring it up again. :D

The fanservice content in 12 was very good, I agree.

And Kazama was well entitled to be in the back of the van sobbing after what happened to him.

I don't remember what the final count will be, but I want to say 24 or 25 parts total.  Some are 2 parts per half hour episode. That's why when you see it online it will read Ep 1-2,3,4-5 and so forth.  The last few have been full episodes.  You don' have to have seen the full first season to understand Funoffu, but seeing what's already out would definately help, so you will understand the characters better. 

This second season is character driven, no mecha yet outside of the Bonta-kun power armor.

12 episodes total, making 17 parts.

The last episode to air was number nine, so theres only two more to go (one of the episodes is an unaired dvd only episode)

This show is incredibly hit and miss. When it's kept things simple it's been hilarious, but alot of the over the top crazy stuff has been dreadful and unfunny. I'd be giving it a 7/10 as things stand.

Edited by Panon

This show is incredibly hit and miss. When it's kept things simple it's been hilarious, but alot of the over the top crazy stuff has been dreadful and unfunny. I'd be giving it a 7/10 as things stand.

I must say I agree with your critique. It is an interesting show at first, but the episodes are very hot/cold. I watched the first six episodes and it appeared to me as though the series could never quite make up it's mind what it wanted to be. The mecha action was great, but didn't jive with the humor. The humor was great, but felt misplaced in such a dour plot. The story was penned as dramatic, but the characters didn't mesh with the roles. Overall, I'd give Full Metal Panic 6/10.

Episode 13 was completely off-the-wall comedy. The series should have more Bonta-kun, though.

"Fu-mo fumo-fumo-fumo fumooo...

Fu-mo fumo-fumo-fumo fumooo.

Fu-mo fumo-fumo-fumo fumooo...

Fu-mo fumo-fumo-fumo fumooo.

Fumo-fumo! (Fumo-fumo!)

Fumo-fumo! (Fumo-fumo!)

Fumo-fumo! (Fumo-fumo!)

Fumo-fumo! (Fumo-fumo!)..."

6/10?? come on guys this is the funniest show this season..heck for the past few seasons since Azumanga.

ph33r the army of bonta-kun.

I think the 6/10 waas for the original Full Metal Panic show <_<

Did anyone notice that the BGM played during the Bonta-kun raid scene sounds a lot like the Terminator theme?

My brother mentioned the same thing. Somehow the music fit perfectly.

I just finished watching up to part 14. Grant I still miss the mech action from the first series but this one is still great. Its rare that I actually laugh out loud in watching a anime. Part 12 was great, loved having Mao and Kurz back, they really should be on more. Though I will agree the show is hit or miss in certain parts. It can go from trying to be funny(actually coming off boring and slow paced) to making me laugh out load. I'd have to give it an 8/10 if I were rating it.

I haven't watched this yet, I've only seen the original Full Metal Panic.

Anyway, it's been bugging me, what the heck is the meaning (if any) of Fumoffu?

As I don't know what Fumoffu means, I've been referring to this series by the following names: FMP Thumbs Off, FMP Fu*k off, FMP Bum Fluff :p

Graham

********spoilers***************

Here's the thing on the Fumoffu. When Sagara dress up as Bonta-kun(its hugh costum that looks like a hamster, the way people workers dress up at Disneyland, Greater Adventures, and other theme parks), the inside is setup similar to the inside of the Arm Slaves. In side though is actually a voice translator that pretty much has to be on, he tries to turn it off but the suit won't work when he does. So since its on, no matter what he says while inside of the suit comes out as Fumo, Fomo, Fumoffu. Fumoffu is usually said with a lot of emotion in the show. Words don't really translate into anything.

******************end spoiler***********************

Edited by Effect

Oh my god, Ep. 15 was great.

Only with this show could they take a bio weapon being released in a classroom and make it funny, realistic in some areas, and just overall a good episode.

"But either way...my life will not last long." The end payoff is one of the best yet for this series.

I just watched the end and honestly I felt part 14 was amuch better way of ending the show. I did like the scene where Sagara was fighting the other classmates but other then that the humor seemed very misplaced, not one of the better episodes and not a good ending in my opinion.

Sou na... masaka???

Say it ain't so! Say it ain't so! This series just keeps getting better and better!

Just like the allegory of it's final episode...

IT'S TOO YOUNG TO DIE!!!

Truely, in the upper echelon of anime, Fumoffu has been my favorite of the past 5 years.

Time to buy the manga?

And hey, the A-Team rip-off theme is back for a moment right at the end.

Edited by ComicKaze

Crap, just remembered that was the last episode. :( Not quite how I expected it to end, but a pretty good sendoff episode.

I hope they make more after this. Another actual season would be great, get a little more closure maybe, and there is so much left they could do. I'm going to have to pick up the manga now.

another brillaint episode. although 14 would also have made a good ending i think 15 leaves the show on a funny, zanny hinote. 14 would have been too much of a romantic cliche which i dont think fmp? was all about.

here's hoping for a s2

I think you mean you hope for a season 3. Mr Disco San! (Slightly redudant honorific I know. :p )

Edited by ShadowerV2

I just sarted watching Fumoffu. So far, what I notice more than anything is the fact that it's much closer to the FMP! manga than the original series was. The student body president is one good example (unless he shows up later in the first series, I've only got the first 4 DVDs.) The whole locker incident was another. I'm downloading the 2nd and third eps now, and wondering when Tessa will show up...